Do you have a special rite when entering the park?

Started by perrollaz, February 01, 2013, 09:40:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bad-pink-tink

When I go to Disney Land California, we head straight for Captain EO first.

On my first trip to DisneyLand Paris I went on the train first, and did one complete circuit from Main Street and I was thinking of doing this again on my next trip  :)
When You Wish Upon A Star Dreams Can Become Reality
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyworld Florida 1992
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyland California 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015,2016,2017
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyland Paris 2011 2013, 2016

SwipatronSparks

we tend to start off with th studios on our first day, since its opening we have began our trips by dropping in with the tower, then after a little while wandering around the studios... we move on to the park.... in the main park we usually start off by taking some pictures of our castle.... then we move on and it changes every time =]
past trips to DLRP ~2001~2001~2002~2003~2005~2005~2006~2008~2011~2013~2015/16~2016~2017~2019
DLH, SL, NPBC, Explorers, Dream Castle, Magic Circus, Kyraid,

upcoming trips....

Aurora1

We always go to the main park first! Throu the turnstiles and then stop to gaze at the castle fron underneath the railroad! Then walk down Mainstreet at have a look around! Some window shopping. And then we try to do a ride! Last year ,as it was raining, we went to see Mickey`s new meet n`greet first. Was nice and dry ;)
Aurora1

SoundSoldier

not really I guess,

the only thing I really love to do before i'm in disney, is making a whole plan. (I know that I can't do anything on that but it's fun to do it)

cinderellyLFT

I always walk up Main Street and look at the shop windows, but after reading these posts I like the sound of using the Disneyland Railroad first though! Might have to try that next time! :D

jeakat24

I like to take my time, until I see the castle and then I have to decide whether to savour the moment or run off and do everything!

When we first arrive (usually by Eurostar) we head straight to Annettes for lunch- it just doesn't feel right f we don't!
Jan 2002- Cheyenne,
Nov 2004- Santa Fe,
July 2005- Santa Fe,
March 2007- Cheyenne,
Sept 2007- Cheyenne,
Oct 2008- HNY,
Jan 2010- Santa Fe,
Sept/Oct 2013- Cheyenne (Alice's first trip),
Feb 2015- DLH (Isaac's first trip and Alice's birthday trip)
June 2016- Sequoia Lodge

gemmasteele84

My first stop is always the shops! Then I start taking as many pictures as I can. The rides are usually an afterthought lol

jeakat24

Quote from: "jeakat24"I like to take my time, until I see the castle and then I have to decide whether to savour the moment or run off and do everything!

When we first arrive (usually by Eurostar) we head straight to Annettes for lunch- it just doesn't feel right f we don't!

I normally avoid the shop because I know I'm going to spend ages in them during the whole trip!
Jan 2002- Cheyenne,
Nov 2004- Santa Fe,
July 2005- Santa Fe,
March 2007- Cheyenne,
Sept 2007- Cheyenne,
Oct 2008- HNY,
Jan 2010- Santa Fe,
Sept/Oct 2013- Cheyenne (Alice's first trip),
Feb 2015- DLH (Isaac's first trip and Alice's birthday trip)
June 2016- Sequoia Lodge

PrincessA

Quote from: RockNRoller on February 16, 2013, 06:30:06 PM
Our special rite takes place on the Eurostar before  we arrive. A mad game of Disney snap, whoever wins gets to pick the first ride

I absolutely love that idea! I think I might try that!

I always have a tradition of going straight to Phantom Manor because I love it so much. Its a small world always comes straight afterwards though because it's my sister's favourite.

Bill the lizard

My special rite is : for sure not to run, contemplate and take a picture of the castle, and then have a coffee at market house deli  :)

My first ride is generally Buzz, but if come late enough I would definitely run for POTC!
"La deuxième étoile à droite et tout droit jusqu'au matin..."

Ravenseye

Quote from: SoundSoldier on March 03, 2013, 04:21:00 PM
not really I guess,

the only thing I really love to do before i'm in disney, is making a whole plan. (I know that I can't do anything on that but it's fun to do it)

I am also in the process of making a Plan. It's exciting to compile a list of Must Do's, Must Eat at's etc...
I had a great few hours this week talking the plan over with my son when we met for lunch and it really adds to the excitement! I was able to surprise him with the news that I'd bought Fantasy Passport soooo that means we have an excuse to go back within a year  :D

We don't have rituals but I do know that when I reach Main Street and look around I ALWAYS shed a tear. Such a soppy childish thing to do, but I can't help it.
I even got teary eyed when my son played me the Disney Cruise horn tunes from youtube. Look it up and I guarantee you too will be moved by it  :)
Disneyworld 1990
Disneyland Paris 1996, 2002, 2004, 2013, 2014...

Disneyprincesswannab

I always go straight to Harrington's to buy a new sparkly figure-then to POTC!

999ghosts

I always say "I am home" when I enter the park. Some people then think I am crazy, others... No, wait. All of them think I am crazy.

Lots of other rites during the stay though...
The Magic - seen from different points of view... //http://blog.mousekingdom.com
Disneyland Resort Paris //http://www.DLP-Guide.com
Twitter //http://twitter.com/Mousekingdom

Mileto

Ohhh, whis "Welcome" at the entrance is so touching!
We love to start with something easy and calm. We make a train round through the parc or we walk Main Street and smile all the time, looking around, looking at each other , then we make a journey with Molly Brown (Mark Twain) and we are ready for the real adventure. Next stop - Fantom Manor  :P

I am just back from there and I miss it already sooo much!

08.1993 - DL Tokyo; 05.2010 - DLP; 11.2010 - DLP; 09.2013 - DLP; 09.2014 - DLP; 11.2015 - DLP
It's a small world after all

PrincessA

Quote from: 999ghosts on September 09, 2013, 06:54:11 PM
I always say "I am home" when I enter the park. Some people then think I am crazy, others... No, wait. All of them think I am crazy.

Lots of other rites during the stay though...

No way!!! I do that too!!!  :o  When I come out of the eurostar station and into the Disney Village, I have to say it to myself.