Do you have a special rite when entering the park?

Started by perrollaz, February 01, 2013, 09:40:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

perrollaz

When entering the parc to you have your own special rite? Is it something special, touching or do you just have in mind to run to the first ride?

I always take a deep breath when putting my ticket into the turnslide at the entrance, and take the first step into the parc beeing very very very glad to be back.
Then I try to catch the first train and have a ride around the parc to check if everything is still there where it should be.
Just the way an slow start into a wonderful day full of enjoyment should be.

I like to go to the railroad especially when I'm with ones there for the first time. I gives such an lovely impression over the whole parc.

Is there someone kissing the floor when arriving? <!-- s:-D -->:-D<!-- s:-D -->

TVTaughtMeHowToFeel

I'm more practical I guess... :) Usually we arrive at noon... after we check in to our hotel we go to the studios and see cinemagique or another show which is about to start... but cinemagique is my favorite in the studios... when we did as much as we could do at the studios and they are about to close we go over to disneyland parc and take a lot of time going down main street... last time we didn't wanna see the castle until the very end... so we did go through the arcades... and worked our way back through the shops... and when we arrived at the pavillion at town square... we turned at it was just magical :) sounds pretty silly :D but it was totally worth it...
Halloween 2000
Summer 2004
Halloween 2005
Christmas 2005
Halloween 2007
Halloween 2010
Summer 2012
Spring 2014
Christmas 2014

Zee79

We normally head straight to Earls for a bite to eat - we normally arrive about midday. We then head into the studios due to it being the afternoon.
We always plan the days according to what we want to go on. This year is going to be a bit crazy because we are going with friends as well as being a large family group (13 of us- 6 kids) so have to take them into consideration. I know at least my friend doesn't do a lot of the rides so it's just the kids to sort out.

When entering the main park i like to stand when we get through the gates and remember past years. I like to think i can become a child again for the next few days and my children don't think i'm being silly :-D

captain rocket

I'm still trying to understand the strange noise that the ticket machine makes! I think it may be the word "welcome"but I'm not sure!

Kt

Quote from: "captain rocket"I'm still trying to understand the strange noise that the ticket machine makes! I think it may be the word "welcome"but I'm not sure!

That's hysterical Captain Rocket!  =D>  I've never noticed and as we have just got back it's a long wait until i can listen out for the 'welcome!' :lol:
Nov 05 Sequoia
Feb 06 Sequoia
Dec 06 Sequoia Honeymoon Suite
Feb 08 Sequoia
Dec 09 Sequoia
Feb 11 Hotel New York Empire State Club
Jan 12 Hotel New York - Honeymoon Suite
Jan 13 Sequoia

perrollaz

Quote from: "Zee79"When entering the main park i like to stand when we get through the gates and remember past years. I like to think i can become a child again for the next few days and my children don't think i'm being silly :-D

Wow, that's really touching!
They could use your quote in their advertisements :-)

DisneyDancer92

I allways head straight for Fantasyland through the castle and go on "Blanche neige.." followed by a visit to the Dwarfs cottage shop next door. It has allways been my favourite ride and shop in the park ever since I was a child- from the ride itself to all the little details like the characters backdrop. I was huge fan of Snow white when I was a child- and the theming with her still makes me very happy.

" No matter how your heart is grieving,
If you keep on believing..
The dream that you wish will come true"

tinkerbell17

Hi all my thing is i have to walk under the middle of the train station everytime i enter the park and when i leave again and alwats walk through the castle aswell when goin into fantasyland and the funny noise when puttin your pass through the turnstile is when u have eaithet donald or daisy and it is them saying wel :donald:  :mickey2:  :minnie: come the reason i know is i took my neice and it happened when she put the pass in

perrollaz

Quote from: "TVTaughtMeHowToFeel"when we did as much as we could do at the studios and they are about to close we go over to disneyland parc and take a lot of time going down main street... last time we didn't wanna see the castle until the very end... so we did go through the arcades... and worked our way back through the shops... and when we arrived at the pavillion at town square... we turned at it was just magical :) sounds pretty silly :D but it was totally worth it...

Oh, that sound wonderful. I love tha arcades and the shops at main street. And don't forget to have a delicisios brownie at Cable Car Bake Shop !!

Sulley's Arms

Hi
When we first arrive, we will often pop into the Disneyland Hotel to reacquaint with the lovely smell that floats around in there!  Then we'll enter the turnstiles (each saying "Welcome" in that funny voice), next it's a stroll up Main Street USA, gazing at the castle view, and ultimately we'll head for Buzz as our first ride of the trip!  :D
Trip Counter
Nov 07 - DCR [4d]
Mar 09 - DCR [3d]
Feb 11 - DCR [4d]
Oct 11 - Kyriad [3d]
Dec 11 - Adagio [3d]
Feb 12 - DCR [6d]
Jun 12 - Crecy Golf [4d]
Aug 12 - Crecy Golf [2d]
Feb 13 - Adagio [4d]
Dec 13 - Crecy Golf [3d]
Feb 14 - DCR [5d]
Mar 15 - Sejours [4d]
Feb 16 - Kyriad [4d]
Dec 16 - Offsite [3d]
Feb 17 - Adagio [4d]
Aug 17 - Offsite [2d]
Dec 17 - Offsite [3d]
Dec 18 - Cheyenne [3d]

TVTaughtMeHowToFeel

Quote from: "perrollaz"And don't forget to have a delicisios brownie at Cable Car Bake Shop !!

I'll keep that in mind for the next time :)
Halloween 2000
Summer 2004
Halloween 2005
Christmas 2005
Halloween 2007
Halloween 2010
Summer 2012
Spring 2014
Christmas 2014

Thaliel

Quote from: "captain rocket"I'm still trying to understand the strange noise that the ticket machine makes! I think it may be the word "welcome"but I'm not sure!

you are correct, it really says "welcome"...but not every time, it is a randomized action

First thing we do is get our green card for handicapped ppl, then  either hop the railroad or see if we can get a ride on BTM
<-Plz click

RockNRoller

Our special rite takes place on the Eurostar before  we arrive. A mad game of Disney snap, whoever wins gets to pick the first ride
DLRP 2000,01,02,03,04x2,05,06,07,08,09,10,11,13, 14, 2015 (Booked)

"Pumba, not in front of the kids"

mickeyspal

WhenI first enter through the turnstiles, I spend time just strolling through Mainstreet, checking out the shops for a new ornament or add to my collection of watches. Once we've had a look around the shops it's straight onto Frontierland to my favourite ride BTM, after that I'm happy to go with the flow. :D
1993 + 2005 - Hotel Cheyenne
1995 - Walt Disney World Florida
1997 - Hotel New York
1998 - Hotel Santa Fe
2000 + 2006 + 2012 + 2014 - Sequoia Lodge
2002 + 2004 +  2009 - Newport Bay
2007 + 2015 - Hong Kong Disney
2007 - DLP (1 day visit)
2017 - Disneyland Hotel - Cinderella Suite
2018 - Disney Cruise- Mediterranean
2019 - Disneyland Hotel
2020 - Disney Merrytime Cruise - Caribbean

disney_mama

I always have a slow walk down Main Street soaking up the atomosphere and looking in at the new window displays then i heard to fantasyland through the castle :-D
[size=150]Taking my Little Boy to meet Mickey Mouse and Buzz Lightyear in September, staying for 4 nights at the Sequoia Lodge

DLRP 2006 Hotel Cheyenne
2008 2009, 2010 The Marriott
[/size]