New Videopolis Stage Show?

Started by 15MagicalYears, January 18, 2013, 07:42:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

15MagicalYears

Since no one else has started a thread about it, @insideDLP on Twitter recently tweeted news/rumours about a possible new stage show as the stage is currently under refurbishment.

When asked if the preparations were for a new stage show, he replied - "Let's say that new entertainment is planned for the coming months. ;-)"

So who knows what's planned for that stage, although any form of entertainment is more than welcome to the parks!

mdw

Hope whatever it is is open in time for our visit in May :-). What sort of thing is normally here? Which park is this in?

mickeyspal

I hope they are going to put shows on again, last few years I have only seen them  playing the cartoons on the screens.    :)                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                            (Mdw) the shows are in Videopolis in Discoveryland, thy used to put on 1/2 hour shows ie. The Lion King, Mulan, The Hunchback  and lots more.
they were all very good and have been missed over the last few years.
1993 + 2005 - Hotel Cheyenne
1995 - Walt Disney World Florida
1997 - Hotel New York
1998 - Hotel Santa Fe
2000 + 2006 + 2012 + 2014 - Sequoia Lodge
2002 + 2004 +  2009 - Newport Bay
2007 + 2015 - Hong Kong Disney
2007 - DLP (1 day visit)
2017 - Disneyland Hotel - Cinderella Suite
2018 - Disney Cruise- Mediterranean
2019 - Disneyland Hotel
2020 - Disney Merrytime Cruise - Caribbean

Pinecone

Quote from: "mickeyspal"I hope they are going to put shows on again, last few years I have only seen them  playing the cartoons on the screens.    :)                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                            (Mdw) the shows are in Videopolis in Discoveryland, thy used to put on 1/2 hour shows ie. The Lion King, Mulan, The Hunchback  and lots more.
they were all very good and have been missed over the last few years.

I never knew that!  Such a shame they wont be on when we go! My four year old would have loved it!
As a child I visited and stayed in:
Sequoia Lodge
Newport Bay

Santa Fe Jan 2002
Santa Fe Dec 2011
Hotel Cheyenne March 2013 \":-D\"

Disneyland IS home!!

julesk

The first few times we went to DLRP there was always something happening on the stage. It was great, specially on a cold day when you needed a rest. Yet the last two times we have been it has just been cartoons. But the little mice are still there, who are adorable!  

Fingers crossed for May, would love to take my daughter to see a show.

nathalie

That'd be great!

Lion King has been over for how many years now?  It's about time something descent comes back there.
The dancing groups I've seen while eating there, weren't all that great, in my honest opinion.

I can't think they'd renovate it, to not use it properly ... So here's our hopes up!

Epcot_Boy

I've always considered the stage to be under used, a waste of a good asset. Last summer however, when I was there, they had school dance groups from all over the world, they were great and it was lovely to see the kids enjoying themselves. They should use it more often for such things.
How wonderful for youngsters to perform in a Disney Park. Great memories are made of such things :)  =D>

David

mdw

Wow I didn't realise they had shows like that. We went in 2011 and don't think anything was on. Fingers crossed

simonandwendy626

Our favourite by far was Mulan, the work those people put into that show was just incredible, and everytime the person slide down that pole made me think he was going to hit his head on  the ground! Hopefully we may have some news by the time we go in 5 weeks would be great to see the stage being used again

mickeyspal

Quote from: "simonandwendy626"Our favourite by far was Mulan, the work those people put into that show was just incredible, and everytime the person slide down that pole made me think he was going to hit his head on  the ground! Hopefully we may have some news by the time we go in 5 weeks would be great to see the stage being used again
Mulan was also my favourite, we saw it during our Christmas visit in 2000, fabulous show and I agree about the acrobats coming down the pole headfirst, the head missed the floor by inches. This is one show I would like to see back at Videopolis. :D
1993 + 2005 - Hotel Cheyenne
1995 - Walt Disney World Florida
1997 - Hotel New York
1998 - Hotel Santa Fe
2000 + 2006 + 2012 + 2014 - Sequoia Lodge
2002 + 2004 +  2009 - Newport Bay
2007 + 2015 - Hong Kong Disney
2007 - DLP (1 day visit)
2017 - Disneyland Hotel - Cinderella Suite
2018 - Disney Cruise- Mediterranean
2019 - Disneyland Hotel
2020 - Disney Merrytime Cruise - Caribbean

Martyn

We normally visit in January, when its uber cold, and we used to enjoy popping into the Videopolis to grab a bit to eat and watch the Lion King show, good memories!

Sven_29

It has been a shame that there were no shows in Videopolis for years now. I really enjoyed Lion King when it was on, I hope they will do a show of similar quality.
Don\'t close your eyes, DARE TO DREAM!

benjy

I got the opportunity to go under the stage back in december and a lot of the lifts and stuff had been prepped to be moved so it was obvious something was going to happen :)
Working xmas 2012!!! \":D\"

fiyero

Would I be right in saying that there are no stage shows in Disneyland Park?
I remember when there was shows in Videopolis, The Chapparel Stage and the theatre by Fantasyland station. I am really looking forwards to the evening show when I go back for the first time in years on Sunday but will be odd not seeing any other shows.

15MagicalYears

Yes, the whole resort has no permanent stage shows (excluding the Playhouse Disney puppet show in WDS).