Annual Pass — questions and privileges

Started by Anthony, February 05, 2007, 11:04:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elaine

This may be true, but unless a Dream AP holder has asked this specific question at the AP office themselves very recently, and had a definitive reply by email (ie written confirmation) I'd take it with a pinch of salt.

The reason I'm saying this is, my friends had the same story from a CM at one of the ticket booths at DLRP, when they were trying to use my sponsorship to get 10% discount on buying their new APs. This was 2 years ago. I knew the CM was wrong in the information she gave, I complained to the AP office by email, and they confirmed that (at that time) I was correct, and I didn't have to be present at all for my friends to use my sponsorship. My friends got a refund on the difference they had to pay because the CM refused my sponsorship form, and I got the required stamps on my sponsorship form retrospectively.

Elaine

Tuvok

Thanks for your info, Elaine. Do you know where I can find the email address of the AP office? I think it's safer to let them mail me if this is in fact the case (or not). I can take a copy of that email to the parc, just in case some CM thinks it's not valid.
DLRP Fan Blog > The Magic of Disneyland Resort Paris (Dutch DLRP Fan Blog)

Elaine

The replies I had regarding this were from this email address -

mailto:DLP.GUEST.COMMUNICATIONS@disney.com">DLP.GUEST.COMMUNICATIONS@disney.com

Elaine

smurfy74

both my partner and i have all the sponsors required for a free year, we both have fantasy passes but we want to upgrade one to a dream passport, im guessing its ok to pay the difference? ive tried emailing guest comms on the 3rd of April but still havent heard anything, does anyone know if its easy to upgrade your AP??

Elaine

Its easy to do it in person in the park, you just go to the AP office and do it all there.

I don't know about which you would be best to do first though - extend for your free year then upgrade? I may be upgrading my DD's fantasy pass next week, but its not been extended with sponsorship.

Elaine

captain rocket

I have now heard,from another forum user, that DLRP HAVE confirmed that the sponsor does indeed have to be with the new purchaser to get the 10% and years extension!
I wonder if you, like me, think that this is blatant discriminmation against non French,even non Parisian AP holders. You would have to be extremely lucky to be at the park at the same time as your friends to qualify if you have to travel from abroad to visit DLRP.
Just another example of Disney wanting our money, but treating us like second class citizens in my opinion.
The magic is as strong as ever,but the administration leaves so much to be desired!

Joseph Carter

Can you get the discount for 1 day HOPPER passes with the Dream AP? Or is it just 1day 1 PARK passes?
//http://www.disneymanpodcast.com
Check out the Disneyman Podcast!!! Its disney fun for everyone!

Elaine

Its valid for a 1-day ticket of any description, as far as I can see (the official site certainly doesn't mention the hopper ticket being excluded from the discount for Dream AP holders)

Elaine

Clarebelle

Can anyone tell me the best way to book with AP or shareholders discount? although I am guessing the 40% off offer is much better anyway :D/ will I still get park tickets if I book normally??
5th Anniversary - Hotel Santa Fe
Christmas 06 - The Kyraid Hotel (extended vistit <!-- s]

Anthony

Someone informed me of this via email - has the Francilien been withdrawn?

http://offres.disneylandparis.fr/passep ... ndex.xhtml

Sorry if I completely missed the boat here...

Disneyland Paris Treasures

Yes, there have been quite some changes with the APs lately (for example the scandalous fact that parking at the hotels is no longer allowed for Dream Pass holders!!!)...

But no, the Francilien is still available, it is only not advertised like it was anymore. To see it on the AP page you need to choose "France Ile de France" at the region/language selection of www.disneylandparis.com, although it is still available for everyone to buy (according to mouetto).

Anthony

Thanks Mobi. I saw the Francilien on sale just a month or so ago, so it would have been strange for it to be withdrawn after the start of the new "Disneyland" year.

The parking at hotels doesn't necessarily bother me, but then I don't drive. They should have explored whether it'd be possible to offer it at Disney Village instead, but that might have caused problems with the automated tickets used there. One of the downfalls of farming out car parking (of all things) to a 3rd party...

davewasbaloo

Quote from: "Anthony"Thanks Mobi. I saw the Francilien on sale just a month or so ago, so it would have been strange for it to be withdrawn after the start of the new "Disneyland" year.

The parking at hotels doesn't necessarily bother me, but then I don't drive. They should have explored whether it'd be possible to offer it at Disney Village instead, but that might have caused problems with the automated tickets used there. One of the downfalls of farming out car parking (of all things) to a 3rd party...

It bugs me though, as we bought Dreams maily for parking at hotel and EMH. The drinks are nice, but not worth the difference. And the extra 10% of merchandise is fine, but not much of what I want to buy as most of it is junk, or can be bought in the UK cheaper.

Having been an AP holder for 10 years, I doubt we are going to renew this year.
since 2001 (many before that)

Anthony

Digging out the 2002 AP brochure, it's strange to see that the price of the old Fantasia (top tier) passport was actually €40 more than the current price of the Dream!

Also, it looks like they used to offer free parking at the main lot and at Disney Village, so Hotel New York was obviously just offered as a quick alternative when the new non-Disney multistory took over.

Nicholas-c

Off the top of anyones head do you know how much it costs to get a "replacement" annual pass? Mine isn't holding up against the test of time lol, the plastic "laminate" is peeling off of the front and the data strip on the back is in bad condition, i had issues with it last visit but just about scrapped through.

Would rather not hold up entrance and fastpass queues throughout my 5 day visit :P
August 2003, 04, 05, 06, 07 and 08 - With family
Halloween 2008 - Best trip ever
July 2009 - All alone