HELP ... March 2013

Started by lauralouisemidwinter, August 21, 2012, 01:45:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lauralouisemidwinter

Hello again all,
At the weekend I am booking to go to Disneyland Paris on the 25th of March 2013.
I have a few more questions,
1. As I love characters, what sort if characters are there out at this time of year, is it strictly to the program or are there some roaming about.
2. What are the queues for rides like at this time of year.
3. How busy is it around the park,          And
4. Does anyone have any pictures of the new rooms at the Santa Fe and do we know when it is going to be done ?
Thank you so much for your help in advance :)
Love Laura xx
Laura Louise

My yesterday is your today, My today is your tomorrow.

DLP - 2011 - May/June - Santa Fe
DLP - 2012 - February - Santa Fe - VERY COLD
DLP - 2013 - March - Santa Fe
DLP - 2014 - September Santa Fe - CAN'T WAIT

lauralouisemidwinter

Please can I have some help, I have never been at this time of year and would be very grateful :)
Laura Louise

ilovedisneylandparis

Quote from: "lauralouisemidwinter"Hello again all,
At the weekend I am booking to go to Disneyland Paris on the 25th of March 2013.
I have a few more questions,
1. As I love characters, what sort if characters are there out at this time of year, is it strictly to the program or are there some roaming about.
4. Does anyone have any pictures of the new rooms at the Santa Fe and do we know when it is going to be done ?
Love Laura xx

Hello! I can't help you with all your questions I'm afraid but hopefully I can help with some of them :D In March I would presume the queues are fairly good - I usually find that visiting in termtime means the queues are far shorter and the parks are less busy, so unless your holiday is during a school/public holiday in France/the UK/the surrounding countries then you should be okay!

If you go on Flickr and do a search for Santa Fe, you might be able to find something! I found this photo: http://www.flickr.com/photos/swandive/7223243422/ which shows the new bedcovers. Might be worth searching for Hotel Santa Fe in the previous posts on this site, and see if other people have posted any photos or reviews - the Trip Report section might be a good place to look!

Hope you have a lovely trip  :D

ewormas

Hi, can't be of much use to you but if you search santa fe on dedicatedtodlp.com they have some great pics from the new Santa Fe rooms.  I love the refurbished rooms, i'm going Newport Bay this year but will go to Santa Fe again next year  :D

never2old

I've been around March a few times before, it's usually a good time to go, queues wise.... Unless it's a sunny weekend it's usually fairly quiet, you can get a lot done with very little queuing.

Characters are a bit random, I've been times when you seem them everywhere, and other times when it's only in the Meet 'n' Greets. Or maybe it had to do with the weather. That's one of the big problems in March, you can have a lovely sunny day, or a miserable wet day (but then the same applies to August :lol:)

I don't know this year since the 20th anniversary celebrations will probably continue beyond April 2013, but I have found sometimes that March can be a bit of a in-between seasons; once celebration may be over and the next one not started yet, which can means less shows, some decorations being taken down and others put up, etc. Again, I don't think it will be the case next March, they haven't announced yet how long the 20th anniversary will be!!

Martin B

It will be realtively quiet on the weekdays, but you might find that quite a few rides are being refurbished.

Don't worry about characters, they are out every day no matter what the occassion or weather. The scheduled characters will be out but you will still find a fair share roaming around the park.
@DisneyMart - Follow me on twitter and I\'ll tweet live from Disneyland Paris and other Disney locations on our magical adventures... www.twitter.com/DisneyMart

lauralouisemidwinter

Thank you so much for your help everyone, after looking at the dates today I have found out it will tie in with the start of the Easter holidays, so this brings another question, is it busy and do they do any special things, like shows or anythin like that. And again, THANKYOU :D
Laura Louise

Elaine

they don't do anything special for Easter - but it may be busy.

Epcot_Boy

I know you've probably already picked your dates but between March 8th-10th is the Welsh festival which can be quite entertaining. Also on previous years they have had fireworks to celebrate the festival in the park, they can be very spectacular :)
I've been a couple of times and it's been an enjoyable weekend.

David

lauralouisemidwinter

Thankyou so much for you help everyone, you guys are awsome :)
Laura Louise

lauralouisemidwinter

Well, I am going in 2 moths and 22 days :) (March 24 - 27)
A few queries,
1. Will POTC be open because it is closed for a LONG time ?
2. How busy is it on these dates ?
3. How is the refurb going with the Santa Fe because I would love staying in one of the new room :D

Laura x
Laura Louise

kate87

Were going mid march 14th-18th as its our daughters birthday but if you're dates are over easter im told it does get very busy. But quieter than halloween still.

Thaliel

Quote from: "lauralouisemidwinter"1. As I love characters, what sort if characters are there out at this time of year, is it strictly to the program or are there some roaming about.
Love Laura xx

1. You will probably have all those who ride on the anniversary train, as well as those who are on the meetup spots, like mickey, minnie, pluto, Duffy, Goofy

2. depends on when in March you are going, the last week of the month should be avoided, since Easter is on March 31st/april1st
<-Plz click

DisneyManiac

With the programme, you can check the website for the PDF version only available in the week you go!

lauralouisemidwinter

Thanks for the help everyone, our dates are the 24th to the 27th of march do we are not actually there through the easter weekend. But can anyone please give me any more info about the Santa Fe refurb because I really want to stay in one of the new rooms :D
Laura Louise