best buffet?

Started by pluggie, July 16, 2012, 08:40:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pluggie

whats peoples opinions on the buffet restaurants in DLRP? whats the best?

captain rocket

I would say it depends on your tastes!
My preference is Cafe Agrabah with its Middle Eastern cuisine, the most unusual selection at DLRP
Plaza Gardens is a safe general buffet although I did find escargot (snails) last time I dined there!
Buzz Lightyears Pizza Planet has a pizza buffet, not my cup of tea so no comment.
The Rendevous des Stars in the studios was really good the last time I was in the park (April) and the first time I had found Moules (Muscles) in the parks. I am sure other members will have their own favourites to recommend!

Macchiato

I've only been to Plaza Gardens and Agrabah Cafe, both were lovely. Agrabah certainly has more unusual food and the atmosphere is great. There's a great selection of starters including couscous and various salads. I can't really remember the main courses, since I ate so much from the starter buffet.  ;) But I recall some lovely fish and you could make your own kebap sandwich. Dessert choices were varied and included a delicious pecan pie. The restaurant was very quiet every time we visited - no crowds at all. We didn't even have a reservation. The only drawback was the staff - both times I found them ..well, kinda unmotivated. They weren't unfriendly or anything, but just lacking something - with the exception of the chef, he was funny and great, chatted with us a bit.

Plaza Gardens on the other hand has more safe choices, but still a great buffet. We too saw snails and the had oysters too, but my friend said they weren't that good unfortunately. But everything else is really lovely. You got salads, fish, various meats, pasta, pizza, a bunch of side dishes, soup, freshly carved meat and a wide range of desserts - I'm especially fond of the chocolate mousse. The theme of the restaurant is really great and although it was packed everytime we went, it was never really loud or hectic. We went two times this year, Easter holiday, had no reservation. They got two queues, one for people with reservations, one for those without. You have to wait a bit without reservation, but it's no biggie - waited for 10 minutes, at most. Your experience may of course vary.  ;)
And the staff are absolutely lovely - friendly, smiling and warm.

If I had to find something negative with Plaza Gardens it would be the speed of the service - we waited really long for our drinks, which was kinda understandable given the full restaurant, but a slight drawback nonetheless. We had already started with the main courses when our drinks arrived. Waitress apologized many times and we made no big deal of it.

Oh, and at Plaza Gardens you can choose unlimited drinks too for 2 or 3 Euros more, if I remember correctly. Depending on how thirsty you are, this can really pay off, imho.

So in conclusion I can recommend both of these buffets.

ed-uk

Quote from: "captain rocket"I would say it depends on your tastes!
My preference is Cafe Agrabah with its Middle Eastern cuisine, the most unusual selection at DLRP
Plaza Gardens is a safe general buffet although I did find escargot (snails) last time I dined there!
Buzz Lightyears Pizza Planet has a pizza buffet, not my cup of tea so no comment.
The Rendevous des Stars in the studios was really good the last time I was in the park (April) and the first time I had found Moules (Muscles) in the parks. I am sure other members will have their own favourites to recommend!

I will also put in a good word for Restaurant of the Stars, i found the service much improved on my last visit. This time we had to pay the bill and order drinks  before we were taken to our table (the same as Agrabah Cafe and Plaza Gardens ) which we had booked at Studio services, and this made the service in the restaurant quicker. They still have the Muscles.  I found the service in the buffet restaurants greatly improved.  For atmosphere Plaza Gardens is still my favourite followed by Agrabah Cafe.  But in Restaurant of the stars we did get the chance to meet Remy and take some pictures.  A band of chefs played which added to the atmosphere.  I enjoyed the food in all three restaurants and would recommend them all based on my experience this week.
Ed & David

jonathan

I would say Inventions in the DLH

never2old

Agrabah for me, it's delicious, and I just love the theme of the restaurant.

grovesie

Have you rhought about any of the buffets at one of the hotels??? The Cheyenne has a great buffet with a huge choice of hot and cold dishes.  The Disney Land hotel I have tried twice and was not all that impressed for the price, good for the experience and characters( we have kids).

Epcot_Boy

I'm sad to say that on my most recent visit (last week) all the buffet restaurants I ate at were absolutely awful.  That included the Newport and Sequoia buffet offerings which are normally fairly acceptable :(  But the worst by a huge margin was the Agrabah Cafe, it was an absolute disgrace :evil:  I'm afraid I would now for the first time recommend giving them all a miss......seek alternatives such as The Steakhouse, or if on a budget get a sandwich from the 'Earl'.

Really, the buffet restaurants have suffered a serious decline :x

David

jonathan

Tbh I would never reccomend the Agrabah and many of the others before anyway.  many of them have food that looked like it desperately needed refreshing and replacing.  Apart from Inventions which always appeared very pleasant and edible which for the price is expected.  Then again to be fair it should be expected everywhere.

Bubbles

hi, could anyone please tell me the sort of foods offered that a fussy child would eat?  My youngest won't touch vegetables, salad, pasta or anything in a sauce, she's a potato waffles (any shape really) chicken nuggets, fish fingers, sausages kind of girl  :roll:  
We did the Innventions buffet last year which served potato shapes, along with fish and chicken shapes, just wondering if the other buffets offered a similar choice?  Am thinking of trying Plaza Gardens (more so now re the reviews) and also the buffet at the Sequioa where we are staying.

jonathan

My kids are really fussy but thank the lord for the desserts!

Vegitabeta

Rendezvous des Stars or Agrabah Cafe definitely!  Though Agrabah seems to close unusually early so bear that in mind.