A Summer of Disney Dreams (TRIP VIDEO ADDED!!)

Started by DLP-Photos.com, July 12, 2012, 12:43:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mickeymouse

Thanks for your kind message, and yes can't wait for the next one. Good taste in shopping, too!
2008 Santa Fe
2012 Cheyenne

AislingM

Fantastic report , your photo`s are just amazing. Cant believe how busy it was , I dont think Ive ever seen a queue for longer than 20 mins at BTM!
Cant wait to see your next trip report!
Hotel Cheyenne January 1998, 99, 2000,
Newport Bay May 2002
Hotel Cheyenne January 03,04,05,06,07,08, 10,12
Sequoia Lodge January 2009, Feb 2013
Hotel New York November 11, Feb 14
Newport Bay November 14

DLP-Photos.com

My next trip is coming up and I leave on monday! Soo excited! :)

I would have made a bigger transaction from the first trip to the other, but I just moved into my new apartment and I will not get internet until I'm back from Disney..

... BUT once again I will be live tweeting from the trip, so follow me on http://www.twitter.com/nclka_dlp to get live information, photos and experiences from the parks.

I'm staying there from tuesday to saturday, so a massive trip report is coming up when I get back home and get my internet fixed :)
/Nicolai

Please visit my DLP website: www.dlp-photos.com

[size=150]Trip report from August 2014[/size]

DisneyDancer92

Youre sooo lucky to be going twice in one summer :D!! must be amazing!

Loved the pics of your shopping- especially the kitchen utensils, Im moving out myself in 2 weeks so might buy something like that when I go to disney :D!

" No matter how your heart is grieving,
If you keep on believing..
The dream that you wish will come true"

esmeralda

Looking forward to your next report !!! I'm just back from Dlp and had a really great time- as usual ;-)
I also bought some of the pins you bought :-)
Julia

petals

love your purchases. Did you buy the Alice vinyl there or trade for it? I was collecting that series of Animation and then the disney store here stopped doing them would be cool to try finish the collection if they have them in Paris

AussieDisney

Loved reading your trip account! Can't wait til im there! Il be going along with my mumma too! your pictures are amazing. I had a tear in my eye when u were talking about peter pans flight as it wont be open when im there or PM :( This might be a stupid question and there is probably a thread for this if there is i apologise. What attractions are open on Early Magic Hours?

*Euro Disney 1993 (5yr old)
*Euro Disney 1997 (9yr old)
*Tokyo Disney 2000 (12 years old)
* Disneyland Paris 2009 (21yrs old)
*Hong Kong Disney 2012 (24yrs old)

Aurora1

First of all- really really great pictures!!! I love looking at them, and thinking if I ever looked at it that way...( does that sound funny?)
i have to ask you a question, on behalf of my daughter: when does the Stitch photo point open at NYH? I showed her some pics and she just "jumped" at that.
i had more questions, but don`t remember them right now, I`ll have to go through your report again. A great one, again, I might add!
Thank you for sharing with us!
Aurora1

ecila

Absolutely loved your first trip report! It made me want to go back so much! :(
I've been following your DLP live tweets and it looks like you had a lovely time, so I cannot wait to read your next trip report :)
- Davy Crockett\'s Ranch (May 2002)
- Davy Crockett\'s Ranch (Oct 2006)
- Santa Fe (June 2012) Trip report here]
//http://www.magicforum.eu/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=13794

DLP-Photos.com

Sooooo, I'm back from my latest trip and it was absolutely amazing! One of the best trips I have ever had - greatly explained by how emotional I was when leaving yesterday. I have 1700 photos to sort through, but I hope to get to start the trip report tomorrow and this time it will also feature a Trip Video of the two trips combined. I have attached a few photos in the end of this post, but firstly I will answer all your questions:

Quote from: "DisneyDancer92"Youre sooo lucky to be going twice in one summer :D!! must be amazing!

Loved the pics of your shopping- especially the kitchen utensils, Im moving out myself in 2 weeks so might buy something like that when I go to disney :D!

Thanks - yeah it has been absolutely amazing!

Go for it - I got more this time - it's really nice, though a bit expensive..

Quote from: "esmeralda"Looking forward to your next report !!! I'm just back from Dlp and had a really great time- as usual ;-)
I also bought some of the pins you bought :-)

Thank you - it will start tomorrow. Are you doing a trip report? What pins did you get?

Quote from: "petals"love your purchases. Did you buy the Alice vinyl there or trade for it? I was collecting that series of Animation and then the disney store here stopped doing them would be cool to try finish the collection if they have them in Paris

I bought it, but DLP is stopping the Animation series too. They had an amazing offer this time: buy 1 "Parcs 10" Vinylmation and get an "Animation 2" vinylmation for just 2 euros. So I ended up with 8 Vinylmation figures without paying for more than 4.5 :)

Quote from: "AussieDisney"Loved reading your trip account! Can't wait til im there! Il be going along with my mumma too! your pictures are amazing. I had a tear in my eye when u were talking about peter pans flight as it wont be open when im there or PM :( This might be a stupid question and there is probably a thread for this if there is i apologise. What attractions are open on Early Magic Hours?

Aww, too bad about Peter Pan's Flight and Phantom Manor - they are definetely one of the bests. Luckily you will still have such rides as Pirates, Big Thunder Mountain and it's a small world! The following rides are open during EMH: Space Mountain, Orbitron, Buzz Lightyear Laserblast, Peter Pan's Flight, Dumbo and Mad Hatter's Tea Cups. Also the castle gallery is open and offers the rare view of an almost empty Fantasyland if you are there early! :)

I hope you have a wonderful trip!

Quote from: "Aurora1"First of all- really really great pictures!!! I love looking at them, and thinking if I ever looked at it that way...( does that sound funny?)
i have to ask you a question, on behalf of my daughter: when does the Stitch photo point open at NYH? I showed her some pics and she just "jumped" at that.
i had more questions, but don`t remember them right now, I`ll have to go through your report again. A great one, again, I might add!
Thank you for sharing with us!
Aurora1

Thank you very much and it doesn't sound funny at all. I am happy to have captured things from a different angle :) Unfortunately, the Stitch photo location wasn't there when I looked in during this trip. Please, if you remember the other questions, do ask here or in a personal message :)

Quote from: "ecila"Absolutely loved your first trip report! It made me want to go back so much! :(
I've been following your DLP live tweets and it looks like you had a lovely time, so I cannot wait to read your next trip report :)

Thank you - we had an absolutely amazing time! I really hope to go back again next year  :mrgreen:

Then a sneak peek of the photos:

Enter the Magic by NKA-Photo, on Flickr

Through the Leaves by NKA-Photo, on Flickr

Phantom Manor by NKA-Photo, on Flickr

C'est la Fête by NKA-Photo, on Flickr

Musée du Louvre by NKA-Photo, on Flickr

Main Street U.S.A by NKA-Photo, on Flickr

Strangers Like Me by NKA-Photo, on Flickr

Can Your Friends Do This? by NKA-Photo, on Flickr
/Nicolai

Martin B

Great photos!! Can not wait for another fantastic report!!
@DisneyMart - Follow me on twitter and I\'ll tweet live from Disneyland Paris and other Disney locations on our magical adventures... www.twitter.com/DisneyMart

ed-uk

Yes Great photos, great photos of Dreams. It looks like you found a good place to stand with no one blocking your view. :thumbs:
Ed & David

Aurora1

Welcome back, again. Already looking forward to this report. But for now, here it goes with some questions.

where is a good spot to take pictures of "Dreams"?

Can you choose, wich restaurant to eat at the HNY?

In Stars and Cars, do the characters still give autographs at one point or not anymore? (my daughters question)

About your tip fot BTM, totally agree! Happend, when we were there as well! =D>

...and despite of your water-theme, you still got a thing with lamps,right?.. ;)  ;)
Aurora1

DLP-Photos.com

Quote from: "Martin  B"Great photos!! Can not wait for another fantastic report!!

Thanks - I will not get to start the trip report before tomorrow though :( But I hope it will live up to all the expectations :)

Quote from: "ed-uk"Yes Great photos, great photos of Dreams. It looks like you found a good place to stand with no one blocking your view. :thumbs:

Thank you - it was indeed a wonderful view. It helped that I had an official DLP photographer standing right next to me with two cameras on tripods. He let children enter the flowerbed in front of us, but everytime an adult went in there he took on his CM jacket and threw them out. He came over to me afterwards asking about my photos and briefly discussing the show with me. A brilliant experience!

Quote from: "Aurora1"Welcome back, again. Already looking forward to this report. But for now, here it goes with some questions.

where is a good spot to take pictures of "Dreams"?

Thank you very much. Now that depends from Central Plaza you can get a grand view of everything (if you have a wide angle lens). This is definetely the place to stand with your tripod if it is. You can get this view:

C'est la Fête by NKA-Photo, on Flickr

However, if you stand by the end of Main Street between Casey's Corner and The Gibson Girl you get a great view of the castle projections. Turn the ISO up and you can good pictures of the projections without using a tripod from here: (be aware that the sound isn't very good here)

Can Your Friends Do This? by NKA-Photo, on Flickr

Quote from: "Aurora1"Can you choose, wich restaurant to eat at the HNY?

The one morning (when we had breakfast at 7.30) both restaurants were open and we had free choice. The next morning at 7.00 only Club Manhattan had opened. I think it varies a lot depending on time of day and number of guests in the hotel.

Quote from: "Aurora1"In Stars and Cars, do the characters still give autographs at one point or not anymore? (my daughters question)

Unfortunately no, as far as I'm aware. It is traditional "parade" now going from one point to another through the park.

Quote from: "Aurora1"...and despite of your water-theme, you still got a thing with lamps,right?..    

Haha, you got me! I will always have a thing for lamps - especially in Disneyland! This will be seen in my new trip report too  :mrgreen:
/Nicolai

princessemily

Loved your last report and looking forward to this one.  Your photos catch unusual side to Disney which I love.  My DH, who is a very good amateur photographer, really enjoyed the more "technical" aspects of them too although he a Canon man!
Sequoia  Lodge - May 2004
NPBC- September 2005
SL - June 2006
SL- June 2007
Ch -December 2007
NY - September 2008
SL - March 2009
SL- March 2010
NY - March 2011
SL - January 2012
Ch - March 2012
NPBC -March 2013