Disney's Enchanted Christmas 2012

Started by Josh, June 30, 2012, 04:32:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jens

It's currently playing as a 5 minute pre-tune to both "The Christmas Cavalcade" and "Magic on Parade" and is also used to light the Christmas Tree and later the castle :)

petals

Quote from: "MinnieMum"I am so excited!

Where do you find the timings for Descente des Marches, is it in the hotel foyer?

that happens at 4pm in the Disneyland hotel.
I've just got back and was actually there on Saturday for the opening of the House of Goodies.

We missed the Castle Lighting ceremony because it was not mentioned on the programme.

The celebration train ran on Wednesday but Friday it was changed to the Christmas Cavalade and it was snowing on Main Street just before and during that on Friday.
Santa's Village at the Cottonwood Creek area has characters in Christmas outfits as well as Santa. We saw Minnie, Eeyore and Pluto there.
Belle is meeting in Fantasyland but does not have Christmas dress it's her usual yellow one with a jacket.
The Tree lighting is cool but they already had the garlands on the tree lighting before it so only the white snowflakes were actually lit during the lighting which didn't really make sense to us. Should they not have had all the lights off on the tree first to "light" the tree?!
Jack and Sally meet near haunted Mansion but also seem to rotate between each other at times because we were getting on the boat and the two of them were there but when we got off it was only Jack on his own and he is not in a Santa suit as I read on other forums he was rumoured to be.
Santa Goofy is meeting on the square behind the Christmas tree but he was also in Walt Disney Studios when we were there.
Mickey meets in the frontlot of Walt Disney Studios in a gold outfit.  
There is a meet and greet set up for Duffy near the storybook shop but he wasn't there on Friday when we were there.
Winnie the Pooh is meeting in a Christmas outfit near Casey's Corner
Also I saw Angel and Stitch meeting in Christmas outfits in front of the Christmas tree on Friday

The Disney Magic on Parade is exactly the same for the Christmas season as it is in normal times no Christmas things added likewise with Dreams.

In Disney Village there are little Christmas huts selling chestnuts, mulled wine, lollipops, candied apples and meringes.

Can't think of anything else right now :)

disneydreamer_x

Hi when is the castle lighting ceremony??? Thanks

Aurora1

Just saw Lorum1 taping of the decent of the stairs...
 Almost got a heartattack!!! :shock:  I`ve been dreaming to see Belle and the Beast for so long! Wish I could have been there.
I really liked the winter outfits the other have!
Aurora1

petals

Quote from: "disneydreamer_x"Hi when is the castle lighting ceremony??? Thanks

On Friday the Christmas tree lighting was at 6.15 and we went to Small World then because the Castle lighting wasn't listed on the programme but the castle was lit while we were in the queue for Small World so sometime between 6.30 and 7!

kelly.dylan

This is the link for the current schedule
http://news.disneylandparis.co.uk/UK/EN ... arades.pdf
September 2007-Cheyenne
March 2009-Santa Fe
January 2010-Cheyenne
October 2010-Hotel New York
December 2010-Cheyenne
February 2011-Disneyland Hotel
October 2011-Newport Bay
December 2011-Santa Fe
August 2012-Offsite
October 2012-Explorers Hotel
December 2012-Sequoia Lodge
May 2013-Kyriad
October 2013-Kyriad
December 2013-Dream Castle
October 2014-WDW Saratoga Springs[/color]

never2old

Quote from: "kelly.dylan"

They dont mention the Castle lightning ceremony, only the Christmas tree one!

I was actually coming to ask the same thing, does anyone know when the Castle lightning is?

kelly.dylan

Quote from: "never2old"
Quote from: "kelly.dylan"

They dont mention the Castle lightning ceremony, only the Christmas tree one!

I was actually coming to ask the same thing, does anyone know when the Castle lightning is?
There's no Duffy Meet & Greet on there either, not sure if it's so they don't have to stick to the schedule if they decide to cancel?
September 2007-Cheyenne
March 2009-Santa Fe
January 2010-Cheyenne
October 2010-Hotel New York
December 2010-Cheyenne
February 2011-Disneyland Hotel
October 2011-Newport Bay
December 2011-Santa Fe
August 2012-Offsite
October 2012-Explorers Hotel
December 2012-Sequoia Lodge
May 2013-Kyriad
October 2013-Kyriad
December 2013-Dream Castle
October 2014-WDW Saratoga Springs[/color]

penfold12

Is the Castle Lighting now classed as part of Dreams?

petals

Quote from: "never2old"
Quote from: "kelly.dylan"They dont mention the Castle lightning ceremony, only the Christmas tree one!

That's what I said. On Friday when we were there the Christmas tree lighting happened at 6.15 and the castle was lit sometime between 6.30 and 7. Sorry I can't give a definate time we went to Small world after the tree lighting and missed the castle because we didn't know it was happening!

Quote from: "kelly.dylan"There's no Duffy Meet & Greet on there either, not sure if it's so they don't have to stick to the schedule if they decide to cancel?

Duffy is meeting beside the Storybook Store I think it said from 11.30 until 1 or  3 something like that. He wasn't there on Friday though :(

Quote from: "penfold12"Is the Castle Lighting now classed as part of Dreams?
Nope it definately happens on it's own sometime in the half hour after the tree is lit

MinnieMum

Thank you Petals for all your info, really useful to get a heads up on what's happening where. I can't wait to have a mulled wine!!

Elwell2009

Just seen a picture on twitter of main street looks like the garlands across the street have gone on the castle end wonder why ???

petals

Quote from: "MinnieMum"Thank you Petals for all your info, really useful to get a heads up on what's happening where. I can't wait to have a mulled wine!!

no bothers :)

Kristof

The Vasile Sirli fan page on Facebook just announced a limited edition cd with the Castle/Tree Lighting Ceremony music will be released! It will be available across the resort as of next Monday!

Source

benjy

Wow!! Will this be available from Mail Order??
Working xmas 2012!!! \":D\"