Indiana Jones and the Temple of Peril

Started by Owain, January 07, 2007, 04:33:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reiana

I don't like the coster neither forwards nor backwards. It's not because of the loop or anything, theming and everything is great, but in my opinion, it's too bumpy.
 :?

Nala_84

Yes, that's what I think, too. I'm always afraid of coasters, I've never even tried to ride Space Mountain. But I go on Indy everytime I'm in DL and I also think it's very bumpy. I always "lost my head" in the looping, I couldn't hold it on the seat.
[size=85]1992 - Disneyland Paris - 1-day-trip
2000 - Disneyland Paris - Santa Fe
2004 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Cheyenne
2005 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Santa Fe
2007 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Newport BayClub
2008 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Sequoia Lodge
2009 - Walt Disney World
[/size]

ukool

i went on it while it was backwards, about 5 years ago, and didnt really like it i got such a bad headache.

looking forward to going on it in may to see what its like forwards.

eddis

I have done it forwards the first time I visited the park. Then after they changed it backwards and then forwards again. I must say that it is far better forwards. Backwards is just disorientating and knocks your head from side to side a lot. Don't get me wrong, I still liked it backwards but I prefer it forwards.

Disneyana

I never did the ride backwards but rode it many times forward. I really like that Rollercoaster because you can see where you're going. I don't find it that bumpy. You just need to know how you need to sit perfectly in it. I never have headaches or something like that. I really enjoy that ride a lot.
Oh Boy ! \":mickey2:\"

Nala_84

I prefered the ride when it went backwards!! I rode it only two times, but it was so special (I don't know another coaster in another park that rides backwards). And I was less afraid because I didn't see where we went  :lol:
[size=85]1992 - Disneyland Paris - 1-day-trip
2000 - Disneyland Paris - Santa Fe
2004 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Cheyenne
2005 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Santa Fe
2007 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Newport BayClub
2008 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Sequoia Lodge
2009 - Walt Disney World
[/size]

speedpacket

Quote from: "Lordofthemightybeasts"It would add something exciting to the ride, as well as block the atmosphere-killing view of Disney's backstage and the nearby housing estate.
Exactly!!!
Personally I can't believe that Disney overlooked such an important detail!!!  If you are up and look at the left, I can assure you that your appetite is over...  It kills the atmosphere in just a wink!!!

But then, after turning right and facing directly towards the castle...  It always amazes me how much planning goes into these attractions and the general layout of the park!!!  How they make it face directly to the castle is so great, especially at night...
Next visit:
13-14-15 February 2009 - Valentine in DLH Castle Club

Thank you Disney for introducing me to my girlfriend!  Disney truly is magical!!!

Martha86

I love this ride, partly because the queue has always been minimal when I've gone there, but backwards or forwards - I always come off with a thumping headache from my head banging about between the protective thing that feels as if it's made from cement!  :x

Owain

Quote from: "speedpacket"
Quote from: "Lordofthemightybeasts"How they make it face directly to the castle is so great, especially at night...

I agree, i went on Indiana Jones for my first time this year in march and day time is good, but when it goes dark and the park lights go off it makes it that much more magical.  :)

Owain

:bump:

Kristof

Quote from: "disney_donutter"why did Indiana Jones stop going backwards?

They changed direction when Space Mountain was being rebuild to Mission 2, so they needed a "replacement" attraction in the mean time.  It was probably kept like this probably because of guest satisfaction.

disney_donutter

Cool, thanks Raptor.  Should have checked the other posts before I opened a new topic, sorry!!

I loved it backwards, it's a bit poopy now.

15MagicalYears

Aww,
I miss it going backwords  :(

RnRCj

Quote from: "15MagicalYears"Aww,
I miss it going backwords  :(

I don't :lol: It was even rougher travelling backwards.