'Return to Disneyland' - Ecila's Pre-Trip Report

Started by ecila, May 30, 2012, 04:53:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ecila

Hello everyone!
This is my first trip report so any tips would be helpful. I'll hopefully be including lots of photos in my report when I return :D

Who:

Me! - Alice, 17, been to DLRP twice before (2002 + 2006). I'm a massive disney fan and always have been, so happy to be going back!!  :D/
Favourite Disney film: Beauty and the Beast
Favourite Disney character: Ariel
Favourite ride at DLRP: Flying Carpets over Agrabah

DBF - Michael, 17, Been to DLRP once and WDW once.
Favourite Disney film: Hercules/Toy Story
Favourite Disney character: Hercules
Favourite ride at DLRP: Peter Pan's Flight

When:
Wednesday 27th June to Saturday 30th June - 3 nights/4 days

Where:
Santa Fe Hotel

Here's some general info about our trip:
Mike and I have been together for 2 years and have been planning to go to DLRP together since about a year ago. I've been saving up since then and with an extra boost of money from my birthday in April, we decided to book it a week after then. As we're both only 17 we're taking parental consent forms with us to allow us to stay at the hotel and get into the parks. We're both incredibly excited to be going, as its our first holiday together alone and what better place to go than Disney!! I've decided to make this trip report as its now less than a month until we go, and well I couldn't control my excitement any longer! I'm not sure if this is too early for a pre trip report, as it's my first time making one, but I've read so many lovely reports on here over the past year and I'd love to be able to make one of my own :D

Things we're looking forward to:
- Tower of Terror - It was still being built when I last went to DLRP so I still haven't had the chance to go on it!
- Doing a circle round trip on the Disneyland Railroad
- Seeing Disney Dreams of course!! From the photos I've seen it looks amazing, I can't wait!
- Returning back to the Rock n Rollercoaster, it was one of my family's favourites when we visited the past two times
- Hopefully riding BTM in the dark! Hooray for late closing times!

I hope I'm not boring anyone too much, so that's about it for our pre trip report. If anyone has any useful tips for our trip they're very welcome. So i'll leave you with a few photos of who Mike and I are, and I hope to make a full trip report soon when I return, full of lots of detail and photos! Thanks for reading :)  :thumbs:

Mike and I dressed as Lady and the Tramp haha

This is a famous photo within my family, this is my little brother, my dad and I leaving Disneyland in 2002 hahaha
- Davy Crockett\'s Ranch (May 2002)
- Davy Crockett\'s Ranch (Oct 2006)
- Santa Fe (June 2012) Trip report here]
//http://www.magicforum.eu/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=13794

Karen

Hi Ecila,
Loved your photos and pre trip report, we are going to DLRP 1/7 to 5/7 so will look forward to reading your trip report when we get back. I cant wait to see Dreams and all the finished refurbishments.  We were last there Halloween 2011 and the castle looked amazing but other parts were still not finished.   Have a Fab time though, wishing you some sunny weather  :D  :D

Epcot_Boy

Well have a great trip when it comes and I look forward to your TP. Also, BTM is awesome at night both on the ride and just observing it :thumbs:  You'll love it =D>

David

ilovedisneylandparis

Can't wait for your trip report! I go to DLP with my boyfriend too and it's magical, it's such a romantic place to go  :oops: Aww, the photo of you and your brother leaving the parks made me sad but made me laugh, that's exactly how I was/still am when I have to leave! Hope you have a brilliant trip  :D

ecila

Quote from: "Karen"Hi Ecila,
Loved your photos and pre trip report, we are going to DLRP 1/7 to 5/7 so will look forward to reading your trip report when we get back. I cant wait to see Dreams and all the finished refurbishments.  We were last there Halloween 2011 and the castle looked amazing but other parts were still not finished.   Have a Fab time though, wishing you some sunny weather  :D  :D

Thank you! I can't wait either, it'll be so nice to see the refurbished castle as I haven't even seen that yet! Hope you have a lovely trip and some lovely weather too! :)

ecila

Quote from: "Epcot_Boy"Well have a great trip when it comes and I look forward to your TP. Also, BTM is awesome at night both on the ride and just observing it :thumbs:  You'll love it =D>

Thank you very much! I've never even been in the parks in the dark before, the past two times I have gone to DLP i've stayed at the Davy Crockett Ranch so we've never really hung around in the evening for long as we'd had to drive back to the ranch. So it will be lovely to see the whole park in the dark and especially BTM! :)

ecila

Quote from: "geekyjo"Can't wait for your trip report! I go to DLP with my boyfriend too and it's magical, it's such a romantic place to go  :oops: Aww, the photo of you and your brother leaving the parks made me sad but made me laugh, that's exactly how I was/still am when I have to leave! Hope you have a brilliant trip  :D

It is! I'm so glad I have a boyfriend who's a disney fanatic too, thank goodness! Haha, it makes me laugh so much too, I'll probably be the same when I leave this year too haha :) Thank you, I hope you have a lovely trip too! :D

DisneyDancer92

looking forward to reading your trip report :D! Happy to see more people around my age (Im 19) with love for the parks :D I hope to go with a boyfriend too at some point (when the right person shows up of course- youre very lucky to have a bf who is a disney fan too!)- but Im sure it will be very romantic and alot of fun for you guys :D!

" No matter how your heart is grieving,
If you keep on believing..
The dream that you wish will come true"

ecila

Quote from: "DisneyDancer92"looking forward to reading your trip report :D! Happy to see more people around my age (Im 19) with love for the parks :D I hope to go with a boyfriend too at some point (when the right person shows up of course- youre very lucky to have a bf who is a disney fan too!)- but Im sure it will be very romantic and alot of fun for you guys :D!

Thank you, yes it's nice to see someone around the same age haha! Yeah thank goodness he is a disney fan too, I think i've almost driven him crazy with all of my intense planning over the past year haha! :)