New Year's Eve 2006/07

Started by Soap, October 05, 2006, 01:05:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

markjochems

Well, to be honest, I expected them to use the "Narnia-music" again since they used the Treasure Planet soundtrack for 3 consecutive New Year's Eve celebrations (2002, 2003 and 2004). Weather was terrible for a few hours in the evening, fortunately it stopped raining at around 23h00. Strong winds blew the exploding shells away from the castle very fast though. In my opinion it wasn't any more or less crowded then previous years.

Samninetysix

Well, I just hope that everyone that managed to be there on new years eve had an absolutely stonking time!! :D

Anthony

The fireworks were rubbish, totally inappropriate music and boring, small fireworks for such a major event.  I might email DLRP later, I just feel they need a slap for being so lazy. But the DJ party (which I've always criticised) won me over... a conga reaching half way around central plaza is pretty good fun. :lol: Getting crushed beforehand wasn't fun though, and neither was the 12 hours stuck in a packed-to-bursting park trying to find something to do.

The weather has been absolutely awful the last 3 days, I'm surprised I didn't get ill arriving back at the hotel soaked through each night.  You should have seen the rain last night during Fantillusion... :shock:

Overall a good new year's eve trip, but I won't be doing it again for a loooong time.

Patrick

Quote from: "Baloo"The fireworks were rubbish, totally inappropriate music and boring, small fireworks for such a major event.  I might email DLRP later, I just feel they need a slap for being so lazy. But the DJ party (which I've always criticised) won me over... a conga reaching half way around central plaza is pretty good fun. :lol: Getting crushed beforehand wasn't fun though, and neither was the 12 hours stuck in a packed-to-bursting park trying to find something to do.

The weather has been absolutely awful the last 3 days, I'm surprised I didn't get ill arriving back at the hotel soaked through each night.  You should have seen the rain last night during Fantillusion... :shock:

Overall a good new year's eve trip, but I won't be doing it again for a loooong time.

Haha the conga trips, I avoided them everytime I saw them get started, and really In the Navy and YMCA, what amazing music choices :lol: .  Personally I loved how it made some stupid english people cringe when they heard the music.  While I was waiting for the fireworks I heard from so many people moaning is this the best they can do, was stood thinking hello they could have not even bothered they did cancel in Edinburgh, Glasgow among other places their fireworks.  It did surprise me they still went ahead, this could have been the reason for no majorly big shells :?: .

The music was rather boring, though I did enjoy the beginning where the countdown started and most english people around me, refused to count down in french, and then the whole welcome to narnia idea was rather cool.  Personally what made the evening for me was the lighting effects on the castle and the lamps constantly flashing to the music all night :D .  Also what was with the ferme 23h that the board kept saying?  I kept on reriding Phantom Manor well until 11:30 :P .

Anthony

Quote from: "PATMAGIC"The music was rather boring, though I did enjoy the beginning where the countdown started and most english people around me, refused to count down in french, and then the whole welcome to narnia idea was rather cool.  Personally what made the evening for me was the lighting effects on the castle and the lamps constantly flashing to the music all night :D .
Yeah, the lights choreographed to music were really good, I was very impressed with the whole DJ Party.  Not at all the kind of music I'd choose to listen to, but for that night and to create an atmosphere, they got it spot on. :)

I really really liked the song(s) before the countdown (anyone know what it is?), and the "welcome to narnia" section itself was really good.  I think that's what made me more annoyed they used the same shouty rock song, since the soundtrack has so many other better songs they could have easily slotted in, no mixing required. :roll:

Soap

Well, there was a strange "feeling" in the crowd after 00:00. There wasn't a real countdown and the fireworks where that short.
What happenend exactly??? Does somebody know?
I was standing in the middle of Gibsons and Casey's, but the thememusic of Narnia was so soft?
It looked as tho somebody lost control in controlling it all?  :cry:

The dj party afterwards was indeed pretty cool and the Castle and lighting were impressive!!!!  :lol:
"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." Walt Disney

Anthony

The countdown was very quiet - I think people didn't quite hear it and so didn't join in.  As soon as midnight struck everyone came alive though.

Apparently they only launched half the fireworks, on the Adventureland side, since the wind was blowing so strongly toward Discoveryland.  I guess they did a pretty good job now I think about the horrible weather.

Soap

Thats true, the weather messed it all a bit up.
The countdown was indeed very quiet, but a well ehat the hack, i had a great time again  :lol:
"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." Walt Disney