New Year's Eve 2006/07

Started by Soap, October 05, 2006, 01:05:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Soap

Hi all!

Those anybody know if there's something special about this years New Years evening @ DLRP?
I will visit the park from 30-12 until 1-1, so i hope there will be some celebrating events!

Thx for your information!

Kind regards,

Soap  :)
"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." Walt Disney

Anthony

Welcome to the magicforum! :wink:

I don't know any specific details, but Disneyland Park will be open until 1am as usual, with a special firework display at midnight and lots of music and dancing around Central Plaza in the hours before and after.

The strange thing about New Year is that no-one seems to know much before the night itself.  The last few years we've only found out the fireworks music at midnight itself - there's usually very few rumours.

Soap

Ok, i'll wait and see!!  :P

Thx for your kind welcome!
"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." Walt Disney

Anthony

If you want an idea of what the new year's fireworks are like, here's a photos magiques video from 2005 (or maybe 2004):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3NO0v0_rUNg

There's a website somewhere with videos from more previous years, I can't remember it right now though..  :roll:

Soap

WOW..looking great!

I've been there myself a few years back, but i only remember it a little bit.
I was just a little boy then.....heheh... :lol:

I'm all excited now. My little brother and sister are at DLRP at the moment..darn i'm jealous!

:oops:

Anthony

So does anyone have any guesses for the New Year Fireworks music?  I was talking about it with Patrick last week and we basically guessed "Pirates" or "Pirates".  :(

They won't use last year's Narnia music... maybe Cars?  I still think Life Is A Highway would be good for new year's eve.

An ultra-cool fireworks would be if they mixed together some kind of 15th Anniversary preview show with Nemo, Cars, etc, like a "Welcome to the 15th Anniversary Year" show.  But that'd be too good...

Soap

Quote from: "Baloo"So does anyone have any guesses for the New Year Fireworks music?  I was talking about it with Patrick last week and we basically guessed "Pirates" or "Pirates".  :(

They won't use last year's Narnia music... maybe Cars?  I still think Life Is A Highway would be good for new year's eve.

An ultra-cool fireworks would be if they mixed together some kind of 15th Anniversary preview show with Nemo, Cars, etc, like a "Welcome to the 15th Anniversary Year" show.  But that'd be too good...

Well i guess Pirates is indeed an obvious choice.

Patrick

Yes and a bad one, if it be Pirates music, that will be the third theme park fireworks display I will have seen this year using Pirates music if it is.  I'm just a little sick of the music.  Cars would be wonderful.  Or why not make it a bit more classical by using when you wish upon a star and then adding in other songs from classic upbeat Disney movies.  That would be a great idea, but then again I highly doubt it would ever happen.  Just crossing my fingers for not another stupid idea like using Chronicles of narnia inspired music ](*,) .

Aaron

I've been there last year, it was great!
Dancing on central plaza with all kinds of people from different countries :D And a bottle Champaign helps the fun too ;)

Quote from: "Baloo"There's a website somewhere with videos from more previous years, I can't remember it right now though..  :roll:

I think you mean this website?
http://www.markjochems.nl/

Anonymous

Although I have been to DLP so many times this is my first visit for the New Year celebrations ,Has anyone tips for me?

Soap

Quote from: "britincgn"Although I have been to DLP so many times this is my first visit for the New Year celebrations ,Has anyone tips for me?
the bottle of champagne isn't a bad tip i guess  :P

Leaving this friday, i'm hoping for steady weather with new years eve!!! :!:

Aaron

If you take champagne into the park, it's better to put your bottle in a Disneyland bag, and put some stuff above it.
Most of the security people at the entrance, don't look so deep into your bag.

Samninetysix

Just got back today - have a great New Years Eve guys :D

markjochems

For those interested, here is the video I shot of the fireworks display from last night:
http://www.markjochems.com/NewYearsEve0607.wmv

Have a great, wonderful and healthy 2007 everyone!

ChipChap

Oh No!!!

Did they really use the same Music as last year? I was there last year and I thought it was quite okay, but the same music now?

Narnia is not new anymore and the next one is far away...

I am very disappointed :(

Can anyone please tell how it was yesterday night?
Movie Park Germany - Hooray I\'m in the movies!