Princess Pavillion

Started by haribosmum, May 09, 2012, 03:04:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

haribosmum

Hi,  wanted to post a little review about the Princess Pavillion.  Mostly as it was a hot topic on my holiday and it was apparent not everyone was aware of what to expect.

Our dates were Wed 2nd May to Sat 5th May.  The shortest queue in this time was 60 mins and longest was 120 mins (on the Sat).  BUT overhearing someone who was first in the queue, they had been waiting 3 hrs as joined before the Princess pavillion had opened.  Before joining the queue, please be aware that you do only see one princess.  The above family who queued 3 hrs must of had higher expectations as there was a very heated discussion with a cast member hence us knowing all the details.

There are 2 princesses available at a time and I believe they swap every 30 mins.  You don't get a choice of who you see, but ushered in to whichever room becomes free first.  There is a professional photographer and as you walk out you can view the photos.  You can also view the photos in other shops in the park and hotels.  They keep the photos for 3 days and as it is cheaper to buy multiple photos you may wish to wait - we ended up buying 5 photos for 45euros where 1 photo would have cost 15euros.

If you have a disabled priority card from city hall, the access to the pavillion is by the exit of Small World.  We were advised that this can be used every 2 hrs.  They note down the card details and check on a list if you return.  Which kind of gives away that I never had to do the 1-2hr queue I've mentioned above which is how comes we got to see 5 princesses over our 4 days.
Santa 11/00
Newport Bay 10/03
Sequoia 3/09
Disneyland 2/11
Disneyland 5/12
New York 2/13
New York 2/14
Disneyland 2/16
Sequoia Lodge GF 8/17
New York ESC 2/18
Newport Bay CC 4/19
Disneyland 2/20

Tinkswishes28

This is a great review , lots of useful information thanks .
2005 DLRP

mdw

Appreciate you doing this. I'm considering the princess meal as moving the meet and greet to the afternoon means you cnt b sneaky and queue during extra magic hours.

Thaliel

If you are lucky, you can even see the princesses when they go to the pavillon for exchaningin with those inside. We had said luck pnce, meeting Snow White and Cinderella.With the disabled access card, we could meet both of the princesses currently in the pavillon, Arielle and Mulan. Only problem is you never really know what to say when they try to have a little chat with you  :mrgreen:
<-Plz click

Tinkswishes28

We just got back from our trip, we joined the queue 20 mins before it opened, there were only about 20 people in front of us, but we had a 3 hour wait, we were told 1 and a half hours. We saw cinderella , but next time if we go i will pay extra for the princess meal.

I understand only seeing one princess but whilst waiting in a queue for that long it would be lovely to see the mice walking up and down in the pavillion signing books, or other minor characters. The interaction we had was lovely, and so we felt it was worth waiting for, but if you have less than 4 days in the park this would eat up alot of time.
2005 DLRP

RachelN76

We've just got back from our first ever trip, and I saw the queues and times for this, and didn't even tell my daughter it existed (yep, I'm THAT mean!).

We had the princess meal, and feel that was a better use of time and resources, even though it was very expensive (IMO).

Interaction wise, Tiana was amazing.  She spoke loads to my very shy 5 year old, asked her questions about her holiday, the different characters, what they did, where stuff came from, all sorts. She was absolutely brilliant.

jonathan

Im definitely planning on doing the princesses meal.  :)

I might in that environment with the princesses coming to your table to be able to get a photo with them.  By this I mean me and a princess and not just my daughter and a princess lol.  Might sound sad but hey Im a man and the princesses are gorgeous and Im paying a heck of a lot of cash for the meal so Im sure theyll be accomodating.

Last year when we queued at the Rapunzel meet and th greet the CM said I wasnt allowed to have my photo taken with Rapunzel- not even in the photo with my daughter, as we had done with Pooh, Minnie,Buzz etc- it was kids only the spoilsports  :(  Maybe they feared it would open a floodgate of sleazy guys leering all over the princesses in a family park lol  :P

And as for being 'mean' as you say lol, dont worry we do things like it all the time especially with play areas.  If I let my daughter know about things like the Cabane Robinsons, Pocohanotas Village and the other play areas then wed never get out of them.  i dont pay to go to DLP for things we can do someplace else lol so I agree with your stance there RachelN76   :D

Aurora1

@Thinkwishes28: have you any ideas, why a queue can make you wait for 3 hours, when theres only 20 or so people in front?
Did it take so long until the princessess were ready?
I love the Pavillon, it`s interior, but I`m seriosly considering the Auberge for seeing them. ( I always hope for Belle!)
@ jonathan: why not take a picture with a princess? I always hope to have one with a prince!
 One of our favorite family picture was from our first visit in 2007, with Jasmin and Aladin and the 3 of us!
Aurora1

jonathan

Quote from: "Aurora1"@ jonathan: why not take a picture with a princess? I always hope to have one with a prince!
 One of our favorite family picture was from our first visit in 2007, with Jasmin and Aladin and the 3 of us!
Aurora1

Exactly I had photos taken with other characters like I say with no problem and Im there with my kids so were all trying to have fun.  They just said I wasnt allowed it was kids only.  To be honest it then made me feel a bit embarrassed and awkward as if Id asked for something that was really frowned upon  :oops:

Tinkswishes28

from what we could see it took a while for the princesses to change over, and vips were let straight in without any queue at all, which is fair enough as they paid for the passes. it took 15- 20 mins to move forward a few steps at a time. Im guessing once its been opened for a while the queue time will go down to one - to two hours. But i would highly recommened the princess meal to cut out this queue. in the interior there were 5 small replicas representing each princess, and a small mirror from snow white, it was nice but nothing as spectacular as the castle itself or the carriage outside the restaurant.
2005 DLRP

jonathan

When you say VIP passes, does that mean there is  a VIP Fastpass queue or were these other VIPs?  Thanks

Tinkswishes28

I'm not sure, it may have been a mixture of both. There was a lot of filming going on in the parks whilst we were there too, so I dont know if this impacted at all? the parks themselves were very quiet compared to what i have encountered before
2005 DLRP

jonathan

I wasnt aware of this having a fastpass queue so maybe there were just other VIPs.

Does anyone else know if there is fastpass here? (I doubt there is)

sabje85

I have a question..... within a couple  week i am going to dlrp with my boyfriend and we want to go to the princess pavillion.... is IT only for childeren or also  for adults???

Aurora1

Of course you can enter the pavillon as adults! There is no problem with that!