Meal Plans — Half Board & Full Board options and information

Started by Anthony, May 07, 2012, 09:01:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kristof

You will get a special Half Board menu from which you have to choose your courses from. The menu will mention what's included in the voucher and what is extra. :-)

missoverexcited

Thank you!

Ravenseye

Recently my mum in law to be said; 'Oh are you going half board at Disneyland Paris?'
Me; 'No'
'You'll find it very, very expensive then as (3 relatives) have just returned and said a bottle of water is £3!

I smiled as we Disney fans know you should take a bottle and fill up at the fountains, but I have done some research and costed most meals.
I guess some people just go in 'blind' without knowing what's ahead.
Disneyworld 1990
Disneyland Paris 1996, 2002, 2004, 2013, 2014...

michellep

Hi - This has probably been asked a million times but if you get meal "plus" tickets and go to a "standard" restaurant, does the ticket price pay just for the food (so you make a loss) or the food plus alcohol - we want to have a couple of drinks with most meals so just wondering if they separate the food and alcohol on the bill or do you just get say €33 per person off the total cost of the bill, regardless of where you eat? Thanks

tubbsy

Alcohol is not included in the meal plans. If you order any alcohol, you will have to pay. You can add extra to your choice of food. (my son had an adult starter and we had a second round of drinks and had nothing to pay). Does that make sense?

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia
August 2010- Newport Bay Admiral Floor
August 2013- Newport Bay Admirals Floor
August 2014 - WDW! Art of Animation Resort
August 2017- Newport Bay Compass Club

tubbsy

We have just returned from DLP.
We ate in Cafe Mickey one night with Premium vouchers, ordering extra drinks and a birthday cake-We still had money left on our voucher!
So were offered - one voucher back and we pay the difference of the meal. (It was only 15 euros)
OR surrender the remaining value of our voucher.

Hope that helps anyone who may be wondering about loss on vouchers.

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia

hawian rollercoaster

Are the vouchers dated.

tubbsy

Not for individual days-just for the length of your stay. So lets say you are there 2nd-5th September, then the vouchers are dated 2nd - 5th September.

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia

polar vixen

I've noticed cowboy cookout is listed as one of the restaurants you can use half board standard meal vouchers at, however the prices of their meals are way below the face value price of the meal vouchers.  How does this work?  Are you still using one voucher per meal and losing  approx. 50% of it's value, or do you use them at face value to cover the cost of your meal, and if so, can you do this ither places like Hakuna Matata?  Please answer soon - we go next tues! 

hawian rollercoaster

Can you order non alcholic cocktails to make up the value of premium plus vouchers .

hawian rollercoaster

cyrilthemilkman

Quote from: polar vixen on September 04, 2013, 12:02:32 AM
I've noticed cowboy cookout is listed as one of the restaurants you can use half board standard meal vouchers at, however the prices of their meals are way below the face value price of the meal vouchers.  How does this work?  Are you still using one voucher per meal and losing  approx. 50% of it's value, or do you use them at face value to cover the cost of your meal, and if so, can you do this ither places like Hakuna Matata?  Please answer soon - we go next tues!

Hello did you get any answer to this?   This would be quite useful to know as we have an 18 month old who has no provision for vouchers.  So if you use the vouchers at face value and these happen to be more than the cost of the meal, can we use any left over difference to order him something from the menu? i.e. my meal voucher is 20E but the meal only comes to 15E can i use the left over 5E to order him something?

Thanks for your help

polar vixen

We never got an answer, we ate once at cowboy cookout but just shared meals as portions were good, we found it much easier having an early tea t the buffet restaurants, so that anything else was just a snack, not a meal in itself.  we ate once at silver spur which was really nice buit had to pay for our sons meal there.  I'd recommend going with safety and using your vouchers to pay for meals in full :-\

cyrilthemilkman

Thanks for this... At least the portions are substantial then (being American I guess that makes sense) my 18 month old will have days where he won't eat anything and days when he wont stop eating.... so I may end up giving him my dinner then!

polar vixen

just to be clear, if you go to a buffet, he'll eat for free, and the buffets are yummy!