Café Mickey — Disney Village

Started by Anthony, May 06, 2012, 03:47:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MinnieMum

Great thank you! x :thumbs:

jonathan

Just like to say that we had 'dinner' at Cafe Mickey last week and it was possibly one of the worst meals we've ever had.  The food was very poor in both quality and preparation and the service is dreadful- we waited nearly 30 mins to be seated even though we had a reservation and then a further 10 mins waiting for a highchair.

We enjoyed the character interaction but we probably wouldnt go again because the food just isnt good enough

jonathan

When we there Dec 9th-16th the characters seemed to be in there all day or at least from 1pm.  We were in HNY and of course waled right past Cafe Mickey a lot and the usual crowd of characters seemed to always be there.

basti007

I was thinking of celebrating into my birthday in Café Mickey (if possible, till/past midnight) as well.

Does anybody know
a) the latest possible reservation time?
b) if there are still characters when I arrive this late?
c) if it's possible to pre-order just the cake (i've no problem in ordering two cakes and champagne, I won't just need dinner anymore this late)?
d) and if the Café Mickey closes at 11pm and everybody needs to leave asap or if it's possible to sit there a little longer (possibly till midnight?)

If anybody knows answers, it's greatly appreciated! :) Thanks!

Jens

Hi basti007!

a) I don't know the exact maximum reservation time, but I know you can still come in just before 11 pm. However, the waiters will tell you that there is a possibility that you will not see every character. In fact, maybe even no characters will be seen (if it's busy).
b) At the moment only a few characters stay inside the restaurant until 11 pm (mostly 2 or 3). The others leave like 10 minutes before 11.
c) Yes you can, just mention it at time of reservation. In fact, I think it's obligatory to pre-order the cake.
d) I'm sure you can sit a bit longer, as the waiter's shifts still run after the characters have left.

Hope this is any help!

Twinmuumy

Hello I am new to this site. we are going to Disneyland Paris in May this year, So excited! I have read all the information I can find About the meal plans  and we have chosen to go for the half board plus option. I understand you can use the vouchers for lunch or dinner but what about a character breakfast? We are staying at the davey Crockett ranch and have breakfast included as we have purchased the meal plan. But can we use one of our meal plan vouchers for the character breakfast at Mickey's cafe? If we can't get the meal included with the half board Plus for breakfast could we get the value of our vouchers knocked off the price of the breakfast?

I really want to take our twins their for their 4th birthday but having paid for the half board vouchers I can't afford to take them to the character breakfast if I don't use the half board vouchers.

Any advice would me much appreciated, thanks.

Hope I have posted this in the right section.

sailorsun2008

I'm sorry you had such a bad time :/ The last time we went we had a really good time, the food was all lovely I even took a picture of the dessert and I remember being dragged up to dance, we had so much food we didn't stop laughing all through out dinner. I hope you managed to find a place where you had a good dinner, even if it wasn't at Cafe Mickey.

This is the picture of my dessert :)
meow =]
Past trips to DLRP ~Two trips in 2001~2002~2003~Two trips in 2005~2006~2008~2011~2013~ ~ DLH, SL, NPBC, Explorers, Dream Castle, Off site

Darren1998

Hi guys

Hoping someone can help me out here.

Taking my wee girl over for the weekend tomorrow and considering doing the character dining at Cafe Mickey.

I noticed that the menus are priced as 3+ on the children's menu and as she doesn't turn 3 until July I'm wondering if she'll get something to eat for free and if this is the case how it'll work?

Any info would be much appreciated.  

Leaving my wife and 6 month old at home due to the weather so any tips in general for taking your youngster on their own would be gratefully received!!! :)

Thanks

Darren

polar vixen

From experience (although not with cafe Mickey), the only way you wouldn't have to pay for your little one is if you're eating at a buffet-style place, otherwise no food is provided, you might be better off with the tea party at the cowboy cookout, if that's on, or with inventions (pricey, but since you're only paying for you, wouldn't work out that different to paying for an adult and child at cafe mickey), i think both of these tend to be quieter to eat, and yo get more interaction there too.  Hope you have a fab time!

Darren1998

Thanks for that Polar Vixen! Much appreciated - will check it out

sarahmumof4

Was very disappointed with cafe mickey on this visit :(
2 years ago the food was amazing , a real atmosphere to the place . The manager had staff on tables dancing , everybody standing up clapping , was really great.
This time the food was awful. Very little choice , my pizza was burnt . Hardly any choices on kids menu. The kids pizza was also burnt. The pasta sauce was un eatable .
Won't be going back again in a hurry.
Also last time the kids had activity packs and their cups came out in plastic cups we could keep. This time no activity packs and no cups
First visit - Santa Fe , March 2011

Adagio , Feb 2013

Santa Fe , Feb 2014

Fourth visit - Sequoia Lodge , Golden Forest rooms  December 2015 🎄

sailorsun2008

I'm sorry you had such a bad time :(
We're going in march/april so I really hope they get better and this isn't a perminent thing, a lot of people seem to be having trouble :/
meow =]
Past trips to DLRP ~Two trips in 2001~2002~2003~Two trips in 2005~2006~2008~2011~2013~ ~ DLH, SL, NPBC, Explorers, Dream Castle, Off site

princessemily

Has anyone gone here and just ordered for their kids off the main menu?  Noticed that the kids menu has increased, and as we have 4 kids, their set meals would be €80.  We were thinking of ordering a couple of regular sized pizzas for them to share and just ordering main courses for ourselves, and then maybe desserts or coffees?  Would this be ok, or be frowned upon?  I know that we must pay a premium for the character interaction but at €20 a child I think that is a bit of a rip off
Sequoia  Lodge - May 2004
NPBC- September 2005
SL - June 2006
SL- June 2007
Ch -December 2007
NY - September 2008
SL - March 2009
SL- March 2010
NY - March 2011
SL - January 2012
Ch - March 2012
NPBC -March 2013
SL - February 2014
Ch - February 2015
Ch - November 2015
NPBC -March 2016
NY - November 2016
SL - April 2017
SLGF - March 2018
NY - Nov 2018
Cheyenne - Nov 2019
NY Nov 2021

andlorna

We went last month. We had looked at the menu before we went and noticed it had changed and gone up in price.
When we got to DLP we booked Cafe Mickey and decided that we would just order off the menu and not the set menu.  The kid's just had pizza and a burger. When we have eaten there before there was has always been plenty of characters. This time however we only saw 4. I think it is very over priced and from now on we will only have a character breakfast there.
PREVIOUS VISITS,
Oct 06, Santa fe 3 days
Oct 07, Sequoia 4 days
Oct 08, Sequoia 4 days
Oct 09, Sequoia 4 days
Dec 09 New Year
Oct 10, Cheyenne 4 days
April 11, Cheyenne 4 days
Feb 13, Cheyenne 5 days
Feb 14, Cheyenne 5 days
Oct 14 Hipark 4 days
Nov 14 Hipark 4 days
Feb 15 Santa Fe 5 days
May 15 Hipark 4 days
Augt 15 Hipark 5 days
Feb 16 Cheyenne 5 days
April 16 Hipark 5 days
Aug 16 Hipark 5 days
Oct 16 Hipark 5 days
Dec 16 Sequoia new year
Next Trip
Oct 17 Hipark 5 days

hoppy40

Hello. I am visiting in April with my family and would love to have breakfast at cafe mickey's. i am a little bit confused on the pricing though. Because we are staying at a disney hotel do we just pay the supplement price??  if so, is it the same price for adults and kids. Thankyou  :D