Starbucks coming to Disneyparks in US

Started by norhel, April 23, 2012, 04:54:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

norhel

So, apparently Starbucks is coming to the parks in US.
If anyone is interested, from Disney Parks Blog:

QuoteToday, we're excited to officially announce plans to bring your favorite Starbucks drinks and food items to all of our theme parks at Disneyland Resort and Walt Disney World Resort.
In June, the first of six planned Starbucks locations is scheduled to open at Disney California Adventure park. And more locations are planned at Disneyland park and Walt Disney World Resort (Magic Kingdom Park, Epcot, Disney's Hollywood Studios and Disney's Animal Kingdom).
The Starbucks locations inside our parks will be designed to fit the theme of their surroundings. At Disney California Adventure park, Starbucks will be located in the Fiddler, Fifer and Practical Café on Buena Vista Street, a place that transports guests to 1920s Los Angeles, when Walt Disney arrived in California and a cup of coffee was the perfect way to jumpstart a busy day. The store's location plays off the Spanish/Mexican architecture of the period, and baristas will wear 1920s-inspired attire.
The café will serve Starbucks items, including coffee and espresso beverages, Frappuccino® blended beverages, and signature breakfast sandwiches and pastries. Guests also will have their choice of Disney favorites, including signature sandwiches and other items, as well as delicious desserts and sweet treats.

//http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2012/04/starbucks-coming-to-disney-parks/
4 trips to DLP, 3 to WDW, 1 to Disneyland California

dagobert

I can't wait to see the themed Starbucks located in Buena Vista Street inside DCA. I think it's a good addition to the parks, because the Nescafe coffee served doesn't taste very good. That's a much better partnership than with McDonalds.

Maybe one day we will also see a Starbucks inside the parks. WDSP would be perfect and I'm sure one of the Main Street shops can also be converted into a Starbucks themed to Main Street, since all shops sell the same stuff.

norhel

Now I haven't been in to a Starbucks, but I understand that they are very popular in the world, right?
The one we got in here in Norway, is very well visited as far as I can tell (they did get a bad character in the newspaper, which I find odd)
4 trips to DLP, 3 to WDW, 1 to Disneyland California

dagobert

Quote from: "norhel"Now I haven't been in to a Starbucks, but I understand that they are very popular in the world, right?
The one we got in here in Norway, is very well visited as far as I can tell (they did get a bad character in the newspaper, which I find odd)

Yes Starbucks is very popular in the world. However here in Austria it doesn't have the best reputation either. I guess that's because of the big coffee house tradition that traces back to the monarchy. However I like Starbucks, unfortunately there are only a few in Vienna. So when I'm abroad I'm always enjoying a cup of coffee at Starbucks. It's definitely a huge improvement to Nescafe.

mco65

I know someone in my household was excited but for me, I can do without the $5 coffee...

TVTaughtMeHowToFeel

Hi, I wanted to open the exact same topic... :) but maybe this is new information for you guys anyways. Disney parks blog just posted this a few days ago:

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2 ... next-year/

I know that some people don't like "Starbucks" or even "Earl of Sandwich" in Disney Village , which for me isn't that much of a problem. But going into a "Starbucks" right in the middle of Main Street U.S.A. would be just outrageous!!! I know that they tell you that all the places would remain well themed, but I still don't like where this is going. At the moment they have sponsors like "Segafredo", which for me is perfectly reasonable. But Starbucks taking over a whole restaurant??? I don't know... for me this would mean a enormous lack of atmosphere :/ .

Now I know this only happens in the US right now. But what if they catch up on the idea in Paris? And what if they decide to bring in other chains as well? Is there going to be a "Pizza Hut Planet"? A "McDonaldDuck's"? or "Burger King Triton"?

I want to hear what you guys think about it... :)

Hey just came up with another one... "Kentucky Fried Chicken Little" :D
Halloween 2000
Summer 2004
Halloween 2005
Christmas 2005
Halloween 2007
Halloween 2010
Summer 2012
Spring 2014
Christmas 2014