Spoiler question about Phantom Manor

Started by Simba 27, April 08, 2012, 11:11:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Simba 27

I have this question in mind since I went to this attraction at the very first time. I found many sites with different opinions.
[spoiler:2waidg5w]In the stretch room, the basement never moves at all and is only the ceiling that goes up, or there is a minor movement to a lower level?[/spoiler:2waidg5w]

Past trips:
Disneyland Paris: 2001-2005-2007

Disneyland California: 2006

DGRavenswood

Quote from: "Simba 27"I have this question in mind since I went to this attraction at the very first time. I found many sites with different opinions.
[spoiler:36orufrh]In the stretch room, the basement never moves at all and is only the ceiling that goes up, or there is a minor movement to a lower level?[/spoiler:36orufrh]

It's the opposite, actually.

[spoiler:36orufrh]The ceiling never moves. The stretch room serves as an elevator to get to a lower level.[/spoiler:36orufrh]
David G. Ravenswood
Host, Ravenswood Manor

Twitter | Facebook

"Without a doubt ... the most inclusive online experience of DLP Frontierland." –Jeff Burke

shades

[spoiler:hko9vw6r]The lifts do descend, although probably not a massive amount, perhaps 3m. The show building is behind the manor but there are trees hiding it.

They don't descend at all in Florida and have to descend at California as the show building is on the other side of the railway tracks.[/spoiler:hko9vw6r]

CafeFantasia

Why not just have an escalator? :-)

Simba 27

Thanks for the replies.
So you goes down for real!!
Very nice site DGRavenswood!!!  ;)

Past trips:

Simba 27

I read all the guided tour section of your site DGRavenswood; there are some details that I never noticed in all of my visits to the Mansion: finally I understood what are the words of the Phantom, but I never heard his words AFTER the Stretch Room; when he said those lines? I also never heard the words spoken by the Mayor of Phantom Canyon (there are in English?) and of Little Leota at the end. Perhaps I went always in malfunciton periods....
Another question: what is the best position to see the Phantom at the window of the right side of the Manor? I was never able to get a good glimpse of it.

Past trips:

DGRavenswood

Quote from: "Simba 27"but I never heard his words AFTER the Stretch Room; when he said those lines?

Right as you exit the stretch room, along the changing portraits.

Quote from: "Simba 27"Another question: what is the best position to see the Phantom at the window of the right side of the Manor? I was never able to get a good glimpse of it.

It's not so much a question of position as it's a question of daylight. The windows reflect the sky and when the interior isn't lit (it sometimes is in the evenings), that makes the figure hard to spot. In the right light, you ought to be able to see the Phantom from near the Boot Hill walkway.
David G. Ravenswood
Host, Ravenswood Manor

Twitter | Facebook

"Without a doubt ... the most inclusive online experience of DLP Frontierland." –Jeff Burke

Simba 27

Thanks DGRavenswood; it is true that in the evening in the centre window of the facade it is possible to see the Bride walking with the chandelier?

Past trips:

justjes

Great site DGRavenswood!

MrsPirate

Quote from: "Simba 27"Thanks DGRavenswood; it is true that in the evening in the centre window of the facade it is possible to see the Bride walking with the chandelier?

I was going to ask the same question. One evening during our visit in November we could see a light in the window at the front of the house we had not noticed before. The next day when it was light we had a good look, it looked like it could be Melanie in her wedding dress, but even with zoom on the camera we couldn't get a clear view.

I had also heard you could see the phantom in the side window but didn't see anything when we looked.

Off Site June 1992
Santa Fe, July 2009
Cheyenne, June 2010
Newport Bay Club Admirals Floor, July 2011
Sequoia Lodge, Christmas November 2011
Sequoia Lodge, June 2012
Hotel New York, Christmas November 2012
Hotel New York, Halloween 2013
Disneyland Hotel, Christmas 2014 and Christmas 2015
Newport Bay Club Compass Club, Christmas 2016 and Christmas 2018

Patrick89

As David said, it's a question of daylight if you want to see the Phantom. I didn't find a better photo of it right now, but I think this is sufficient as well ;)

Concerning the bride, I hope you can at least see that someone/something is in the middle window ;) Didn't find a better one, too...

Secure all cargo, all passengers aboard!

---------------------------------------------

Bring back the moon!

Scissorsboi

I haven't seen it working in years, but at night the house used to have a light effect to simulate Melanie's aimless walking from room to room, that was always a nice feature.
"...keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things" - Walt.

Simba 27

Thanks Patrick89; I did some pictures of the facade, but the Bride is no way clearly visible like in your one. Maybe she is keeping moving....

Past trips:

justjes

Have seen the phantom, but never have seen the bride. Will look for her next time

DisneyManiac

I know this is going a bit off topic, but I noticed another secret:

I was queuing for the Manor with my friends a couple of trips ago, when out of the corner out my eye, I noticed something I never saw before, one of the window shutters moved! I know this sounds stupid, but! Believe me, it wasn't even windy! Now I have seen (I think) this before on another topic, but that was AFTER the trip! Have you ever noticed this before?

:ears: DisneyManiac :ears: