LEGO Store in Disney Village (September 2013)

Started by dreamdisney, March 19, 2012, 11:07:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josh

No. They've just finished refurbishing it. :)
Disneyland Paris
    [li]January 2000, 2012[/li]
    [li]April 2012[/li]
    [li]August 2009, 2011, 2013[/li]
    [li]New Year 1997-98, 1998-99, 2001-02, 2002-03, 2003-04, 2004-05, 2005-06, 2006-07[/li]
Walt Disney World
    [li]August 2008[/li]

dmmosh69

im very excited about the disney shop selling christmas items all year round i love getting disney decorations and managed to get some last eyar when i was there at the begining of november but i do not know when i would be able to get back tto disneyland for the chrsitmas season so that is perfect for me thanks disneyland :)

Martyn

I'm surprised at how many people are giving their tumbs up to this Lego store.... I agree with the chap on the other page, keep the high street stores out of the Village, otherwise it becomes an everyday high street...

But in saying that (and I said the same about Starbucks), if they can make this store different to their high street stores, and be very 'Disney' orientated, then there wont be such an issue.

I also like the idea of the Lego models of the Castle and rides :)

Scissorsboi

I've got no issues with it in Village, based purely on the Orlando store. They've gone to a lot of effort to make the exterior feel 'Disney', and even the interior has some cool touches. Yes it's just a LEGO store, but the setting certainly fits in at Downtown!

If the Paris store is of the same quality, I can see it being a really nice addition to the Village. Plus if you look at the two American Downtowns, they're full of other shops, which are all picked and fit their enviroment (although I'd say the Orlando ones don't 'fit' atm due to the whole area being in an odd transitional stage!)
"...keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things" - Walt.

Martyn

The only thing is, this is going to be the first proper retail store thats not Disney, so aren't Disney worried that people spending money in the Lego will result in less being spent in the Disney stores?

From my point of view, and as much as I love playing with Lego, I'm just too old to buy it again. Yet I feel I'm still young enough to buy pretty much anything in the Disney Stores. I guess its all about the kids though.

Soap

Quote from: "Scissorsboi"I've got no issues with it in Village, based purely on the Orlando store. They've gone to a lot of effort to make the exterior feel 'Disney', and even the interior has some cool touches. Yes it's just a LEGO store, but the setting certainly fits in at Downtown!

If the Paris store is of the same quality, I can see it being a really nice addition to the Village. Plus if you look at the two American Downtowns, they're full of other shops, which are all picked and fit their enviroment (although I'd say the Orlando ones don't 'fit' atm due to the whole area being in an odd transitional stage!)
I agree on your view, in Orlando it really fits the look and feel of Downtown.
Also DV can use some quality stores and dining to attract people and keep them occupied (read spending money) longer  :D
"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." Walt Disney

DisneyDonna

I think a LEGO store will be a nice addition to Disney Village.
They are selling LEGO playsets in various boutiques around the resort anyway, why not create an extra shop where you can find all the LEGO products?

I also feel this could be a great marketing opportunity for boys toys. In my opinion a lot of the souvenirs around the resort are more suited for girls, whereas a LEGO store would be great for boys.

Robert97

:) @DLRPToday "Recruitment ad confirms LEGO store in Disney Village, Disneyland Paris; will be "largest LEGO retail outlet in Europe" - http://www.mercuriurval.com/fr/Countrie ... /?ad=20284.

Sven_29

Great news, Disney Village really needs some diversity. I hope they will continue improving the shops and themes in the Disney Village.
Don\'t close your eyes, DARE TO DREAM!

paterdave2

The only question now is where will it come??
I hope they don't demolish the new christmas store but well I think we just have to wait and see.
My own Radiostation on Radionomy. listen to AYFM on: http://ayfmradio.playtheradio.com/index.cfm

Festival Disney

It's rumoured to be installed where the current Hollywood Pictures is located, but I don't think that space would make it the largest in Europe...  :-k
Past trips:
Nov 1997 - SF - 3 days
May 2003 - WDW
Aug 2009 - Off site - 4 days
Jul 2010 -  Disneyland Park - 1 day
Dec 2010, Jul 2011  - Ibis Val d'Europe - 6 days, 4 days
Apr 2012 - HNY - 4 days
Dec 2013  - NPBC - 4 days
Jul 2013 - SL - 5 day

paterdave2

Well if they take the world of toys store with it they could be I guess?
My own Radiostation on Radionomy. listen to AYFM on: http://ayfmradio.playtheradio.com/index.cfm

DisneyDonna

Quote from: "Festival Disney"It's rumoured to be installed where the current Hollywood Pictures is located, but I don't think that space would make it the largest in Europe...  :-k

I was thinking the same... Maybe there aren't a lot of 'official' Lego Stores in Europe? Although I remember visiting one in Manchaster that was around as big as Hollywood Pictures is...

Anthony

Quote from: "Donuttiejj"
Quote from: "Festival Disney"It's rumoured to be installed where the current Hollywood Pictures is located, but I don't think that space would make it the largest in Europe...  :-k

I was thinking the same... Maybe there aren't a lot of 'official' Lego Stores in Europe? Although I remember visiting one in Manchaster that was around as big as Hollywood Pictures is...
Hollywood Pictures is probably deceptively big compared to a standard mall unit. It's wider than the kind of units Lego seem to take for their standard stores and we don't know what kind of storeroom space is backstage which could be incorporated. With World of Toys knocked through (that store surely has to be on the way out?), it gives a pretty big space.

Example Manchester store:

I wonder whether this would be a regular "LEGO Store" or a "LEGO Imagination Centre" like the existing Downtown Disney locations? (ie something a bit bigger with more display models etc)

Festival Disney

If they do build it there, the removal of that candy cane covered part of the Village seems less likely... I'm sure I read somewhere that World of Disney was the new architectural direction they were going for?  :-k
Past trips:
Nov 1997 - SF - 3 days
May 2003 - WDW
Aug 2009 - Off site - 4 days
Jul 2010 -  Disneyland Park - 1 day
Dec 2010, Jul 2011  - Ibis Val d'Europe - 6 days, 4 days
Apr 2012 - HNY - 4 days
Dec 2013  - NPBC - 4 days
Jul 2013 - SL - 5 day