20th | Main Street, U.S.A. Celebrates!

Started by Josh, February 14, 2012, 03:17:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

15MagicalYears

It seems they're testing or playing around with the different type of decorations they could use. I do prefer this type -

Source: @insidedDLParis on Twitter.

StarGazer

More colour tests. This time, two arches under the station.

(posted by InsideDLParis on Twitter)
♫ S-U-G-A-R, jump into your racing car, it's a sugar rush! ♫

dagobert

That doesn't look bad at all. As I've mentioned somewhere else I don't like the golden colour painted on the Main Street Station, but I think these arches look nice.

It seems DLP took DL's 50th birthday for inspiration.

alternativerock123

Personally, I like the golden colours on the pillars. Ha, the banners still look a bit cheap - but it's better than nothing.

Do you guys think that they'll change the images on the lampposts? - since the last ones were of characters for the MMF. Or even the addition of large signs like they had for the 15th?  :thumbs:
31st Aug - 1st Sept 2010 = Kyriad Torcy (First Time <3)
11th - 14th July 2011 = New York Hotel
2nd - 4th Aug 2011 = Kyriad Torcy
31st Oct 2011 = Day Trip
13th March 2012 (Disneyland Cal)
10th - 13th April 2012= Hotel L'Elysée
30th May - 1st June 2012 = Hotel L'Elysée
31st Oct - 1st Nov 2012 = Residence Prestige
18th - 20th July 2013 - Residence Prestige
9th -11th Nov 2013 = Hotel L'Elysée (First Christmas Trip!)
Coming soon:
29th April - 1st May = Hipark Serris.

Glstitch

Quote from: "alternativerock123"Personally, I like the golden colours on the pillars. Ha, the banners still look a bit cheap - but it's better than nothing.

Do you guys think that they'll change the images on the lampposts? - since the last ones were of characters for the MMF. Or even the addition of large signs like they had for the 15th?  :thumbs:

Probably they will change the images. Thank god , those huge banners aren't planned for the 20th Anniversary but there will be something for the show 'Main Street USA Celebrates!' and it will be pilairs but I can't say anything more.

Anthony

Quote from: "alternativerock123"Do you guys think that they'll change the images on the lampposts? - since the last ones were of characters for the MMF. Or even the addition of large signs like they had for the 15th?  :thumbs:
I hope they'll just take them down...

The ironwork painted gold actually looks quite good, as a temporary gimmick, and catches the lights nicely. I just hope they don't overdo it - keep it as an accent here, don't plaster the whole lot in gold. The Gibson Girl's new bunting is also lovely, much nicer than the samey fan-shapes hanging everywhere else. They should put this on all the bookends of Main Street, especially The Emporium.

Riebi

Indeed! The new bunting is much nicer! It doesn´t look that hard like the other. Hope we will see more of that at the end.
And do somebody meanwhile know what "Main Street, U.S.A. Celebrates!" really is? Is it now just that decorations?
Wer nämlich mit "H" schreibt ist dämlich.

...the DPG is watching U...

Anthony

Quote from: "Riebi"And do somebody meanwhile know what "Main Street, U.S.A. Celebrates!" really is? Is it now just that decorations?
I'm still wondering the same to be honest! There are rumours of lights being involved... possibly on Main Street Station, possibly along the street. I could imagine bright LEDs, like those already installed on the castle, being dotted around the street and suddenly coming to life at intervals, like the snowfall at Christmas, but that's just my imagination. It would be a good way to do something flashy whilst still allowing the street to look relatively normal in between, as the LEDs would be hard to spot when not in use.

Can anyone give us any real facts?

dlrpkris

I was under the impression it would rely more on projection. Again, another investment in an infrastructure that could be used for almost any occassion. But I'm sure we would have seen these by now if they were coming...
"Life\'s a happy game, you could clown around forever - \'cos we\'re the best of friends"
It\'s time to bring down the house - welcome Mickey Mouse!

dreamdisney

15MagicalYears

I'm pretty sure that was just temporary for that recording, as it's now been taking down. Plus, I can't see them re-using last years decoration, especially for the 20th.

-Edit-

@insidedDLParis just posted this picture:

New electricity is installed and hidden behind the barriers of the MS station. The new 20th display is on its way!

Looks like we'll be getting a new sign, truly incorporating the theme of "colours & lights"  ;) .

dreamdisney

pinkboxers

That temporary yellow really does hurt the eyes, doesn't it?

Source: @InsideDLParis at Twitter
"It's like when you go and you see a really great band live for the first time, you know, and nobody's saying it but everybody's thinking it: "We have something to believe in again."

Columbiad

Quote from: "dreamdisney"

Thats actually really nice - the gold really brings out the EDLRR motif. It is a very cold gold however.