I'm going to Disneyland California!

Started by alternativerock123, February 03, 2012, 01:00:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alternativerock123

Haha! Same with other posts, I just had to get it out.
I've been planning to go with my animation class when we go for our "trip" to LA this March and we have FINALLY got around to planning a day-trip to the original, beautiful park.  :D

I was soo happy yesterday - I started to cry!  :D   I get to meet all my fav youtube characters - the new rides - the amazing food.

Oh I cannot wait - it's nearly a month away!  :D

Ahhh!

Okay, any tips from anyone who's been? lol
31st Aug - 1st Sept 2010 = Kyriad Torcy (First Time <3)
11th - 14th July 2011 = New York Hotel
2nd - 4th Aug 2011 = Kyriad Torcy
31st Oct 2011 = Day Trip
13th March 2012 (Disneyland Cal)
10th - 13th April 2012= Hotel L'Elysée
30th May - 1st June 2012 = Hotel L'Elysée
31st Oct - 1st Nov 2012 = Residence Prestige
18th - 20th July 2013 - Residence Prestige
9th -11th Nov 2013 = Hotel L'Elysée (First Christmas Trip!)
Coming soon:
29th April - 1st May = Hipark Serris.

davewasbaloo

I recommend you seek out the other thread going on this topic (sorry for not linking it myself, but I am on my phone right now).

Do not miss looking up to Walt's office over the fire station (they leave a light on for him). CHeck out the dapper dans barbershop quartet, and the piano player at coke corner. Enjoy the took room and jungle cruise. Do not miss obey, amazing. Enjoy the differences of pirates of the Caribbean and haunted mansion. The train here is cool as It goes through splash mountain, an Indian village, the grand canyon and a primeval world full of AA dinos.

Splash mountain and winnie the pooh might appeal. Tom sawyer island is sadly now themed to pirates of the caribbean, though may still be closed when you go.

In fantasyland, be sure to do Mr Toads Wild Ride, Alice in wonderland, the matterhorn (the left side is best, but it may be closed when you are there), and try the very different storybookland canal boats. Be sure to check out the original its a small world.

In downtown, do not miss roger rabbit's cartoon spin. Also be sure to play with the buildings, walk on the man hole covers, open mail boxes etc.

In tomorrowland, do not miss the subs or star tours 2. Spacemountain is very gentle here and nothing like Paris: also there is innoventions is not in Paris, but skippable if only on a day trip.

Often Mary Poppins, Bert, and the penguins often dance on main street. Alice and the mad hatter play games with kids in front of main street station, jedi academy is cute watching kids fight darth vader and darth maul. Also the live marching band, billy hill and the hill billy's in the golden horseshoe are brilliant, rock bands at night in tomorrowland ,if a friday or Saturday, swing dancing to a big band by the castle (there is a cute sleeping beauty walk through in the castle)

Disneyland currently has a cute parade with live musicians, and I wonder if Fantasmic will be on when you go. And do not miss the fireworks.

For snacks, be sure to try a church, a corn dog, and a virgin mint julep. The best food is to be found in New Orleans Square or the Mexican rancho del zocalo in frontierland are great. I love the blue bayou, but given you only have one day, skip it.

Have a great time! DL is my fax park in the world.
since 2001 (many before that)

alternativerock123

Thank you so much, this is a perfect plan.
I keep visiting the site but you reminded me and told me about more stuff!

Ha, thank you again. I cannot wait.  :D
31st Aug - 1st Sept 2010 = Kyriad Torcy (First Time <3)
11th - 14th July 2011 = New York Hotel
2nd - 4th Aug 2011 = Kyriad Torcy
31st Oct 2011 = Day Trip
13th March 2012 (Disneyland Cal)
10th - 13th April 2012= Hotel L'Elysée
30th May - 1st June 2012 = Hotel L'Elysée
31st Oct - 1st Nov 2012 = Residence Prestige
18th - 20th July 2013 - Residence Prestige
9th -11th Nov 2013 = Hotel L'Elysée (First Christmas Trip!)
Coming soon:
29th April - 1st May = Hipark Serris.

Rafael

Have a wonderful trip! I´ll be looking forward to reading a report! I hope you write one for us!  :D

CafeFantasia

So @alternativerock123, how was your trip to Disneyland? :-) What was your favourite ride at each park? What was your favourite place to eat? Did you find Disneyland Park better than Disneyland Paris?