The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian (2008)

Started by Patrick, December 15, 2006, 07:28:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DisneyAlba

The waiting is over for us Dutchies! Prince Caspian has premiered. I've been to see it last night, and I really liked it! :)

By the way, I quite agree with the order in which the movies are made (which is the original publication order, indeed). The only difference between the original and the chronological order is the placement in the series of 'The Magician's Nephew' (which is actually a prequel) and 'The Horse and His Boy' (which is actually a midquel in 'The Lion...').
I think the original order is better, cinematicly. Not only because:
Quote from: "Wikipedia"much of the magic of Narnia comes from the way in which the world is gradually presented in The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe. They believe that the mystery of the wardrobe is narratively a much better introduction than in The Magician's Nephew
but also because now we first see the Pevensies go to Narnia, return there in the second film, and will see the two youngest Pevensies return in film three, as is also alluded to at the end of this second movie. Following up with the 'Dawn Treader' seems like a better move to me than to divert the story now with the midquel...
You can take the girl out of Scotland, but you can't take Scotland out of the girl.

Snow_White_Girl

Saw Prince Caspian tonight and wow, I loved it! :D I was a little daunted at the prospect of a film that was nearly 2 and a half hours long, but the time seemed to fly by.. How cute was Reepiecheep?! Oh and Ben Barnes is rather yummy too hehe! :wink:

\":lamp:\"

Soap

Had a great 2,5 hours!! Just loved the action and story! It was indeed somewhat better then part one on the action par, but somwhat lesser on story part. But on the whole it was a great pleasure!  :D
"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." Walt Disney

Kristof

Loved it! Loved it! Loved it! Loved it!!!!  I'm really in love with the Narnia movies.   =D>

*listens to the soundtrack*

mehdi5

Just watched it in theaters, it was a very good movie. Already pre-ordered my copy of the Blu-Ray release wich following to the store comes out in December.

experiment627

Got to see the Germany premiere (great show, by the way) - and loved the movie... I have to say that I didn't care much for "The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe", but I really enjoyed "Prince Caspian"...

Javey74

Just thought I would add to this thread to get your opinions.  I come across a girl on 'Youtube' singing with no backing the song called, "The Call - By Regina Spekor" from Narnia - Prince Caspian, a song I really love. She sings it really good I find, especially having no backing.

I would love to hear her sing it with backing..  :D/  What do you think...  :?:  

Or is it just me getting besotted by a song I love  :lol:  :mrgreen:

By the way, you'll also need the volume up, since the sound is a bit low.. :wink:

[youtube:2r163h9o]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jwlGR8HzFWg[/youtube:2r163h9o]