DLP official website

Started by jj554, January 13, 2012, 05:31:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jj554

Hi everyone - brand new poster here. Been reading the forums for a while now, didn't want to join as thought I could lose a lot of time on here, but realised I was doing that just by reading and decided to get involved!

Sorry if this topic has been raised before, couldn't find it anywhere:

What does everyone think of the official DLP website? Are there any plans to give it an overhaul for the big 2-0?

As a DLRP fan already, the website is just somewhere for me to check prices etc, but my concern is that, to someone who hasn't been before and was considering a trip, the website wouldn't really encourage me to go. My personal opinion is that the print brochures (received my most recent one this morning) are contemporary and smart, whereas the website remains horribly dated, difficult to navigate, and really sells the park short.

I just wondered if anyone else feels the same about this. With EuroDisney struggling to generate a profit, and just how important e-commerce and the web are in the modern age, I can't help feeling that the Resort is missing a trick by having what I believe is a substandard official website. I know it's not the make-or-break factor but as a first impression of the Disney experience it falls flat for me.

Sorry for having a little ramble, looking forward to hearing what people think!  :D
Trips so far
April 2011 - Sequoia Lodge (First ever DLRP trip)
Nov 2011 - Newport Bay Club (Mickey's Magical Fireworks and Bonfire 2011)
Sep 2012 - Hotel New York (20th Anniversary Celebrations)
Nov 2013 - Hotel Cheyenne (Mickey's Magical Fireworks and Bonfire 2013)
Dec 2015 - Disneyland Hotel (Disneyland at Christmas)

DedicatedToDLP(Steve)

Welcome to the forum first off!  :thumbs:

I think there is massive room for improvement with their website. The fact that you can't view it on an iOS device is just ludicrous.

However, they were doing guest surveys over in DLP a few months ago one of things they indicated they'd be changing is their website, so fingers crossed.
Dedicated to DLP - Celebrating Disneyland Paris

Hotel Santa Fe 07/05, 11/11 and 05/12
Hotel Cheyenne 07/02, 11/02, 07/04, 12/05, 07/06, 10/06, 10/07 and 09/10
Sequoia Lodge 12/03 - Honeymoon Suite
Hotel New York 11/12
Off Site 05/13

Epcot_Boy

Firstly jj welcome to the forum :thumbs:

As regards the official DLP site I think you'll find that just about everyone here would agree that the site is absolute tat :(

Most would only use it for pricing holidays etc, but for info don't bother. Far more information, and fun, can be found with the sites connected to this forum, like http://www.dlrptoday.com/  or  http://www.dlrpmagic.com/

:)

David

jj554

Thanks guys, I am a big fan of DLRP Today/Magic, both sites are a hundred times more exciting, informative and vibrant. They help to document the excitement and progress at the parks which builds anticipation for the next trip. It's always good to be able to get the latest news and goings on even though I'm stuck here in England. Does DLRP have an official blog like the other Disney Parks??

I really hope they take on board the feedback they get and sort the official site out. If I'd not been to DLRP before and that website was the first thing I came across, I would be remarkably unimpressed. (Well I still am, but you get what I mean) It just frustrates me an awful lot that they aren't maximising their online potential when it's such a big deal nowadays. :( (Hark at me going on as though I'm some genius entrepreneur!)
Trips so far
April 2011 - Sequoia Lodge (First ever DLRP trip)
Nov 2011 - Newport Bay Club (Mickey's Magical Fireworks and Bonfire 2011)
Sep 2012 - Hotel New York (20th Anniversary Celebrations)
Nov 2013 - Hotel Cheyenne (Mickey's Magical Fireworks and Bonfire 2013)
Dec 2015 - Disneyland Hotel (Disneyland at Christmas)

BadKid

Welcome to the forum! :)
I like the DLP site the way it is now, but it could use a few improvements.
"You laugh at me because I\'m different. I laugh at you because you\'re all the same."
-Lady Gaga?

(icon from Formspring)

disneyisthebest

Disneyland paris's site needs a huge overhaul ,and remove flash so iPad 's can use it

Josh

As a Web developer, I really hate the website. The whole design and the code behind it is outdated. Plus, they have no mobile version.

The DLR and WDW websites, on the other hand, are very modern and look and work great. I'd love to see DLP hire Web developers that can create a site with new HTML5 and other technologies that really brighten up the whole experience.
Disneyland Paris
    [li]January 2000, 2012[/li]
    [li]April 2012[/li]
    [li]August 2009, 2011, 2013[/li]
    [li]New Year 1997-98, 1998-99, 2001-02, 2002-03, 2003-04, 2004-05, 2005-06, 2006-07[/li]
Walt Disney World
    [li]August 2008[/li]

norhel

Regarding the websites for the US parks, I'm thinking that if we got that version of websites it would be good.
Now I know that it probably not gonna happen, but an idea for the official for DLP, they could put the website under disney.com and get a better site in my opinion.
4 trips to DLP, 3 to WDW, 1 to Disneyland California

Patrick89

I really don't like the homepage of DLRP. It's the same with the brochures and advertisements, for example in TV or cinema. Disneyland is reduced to some characters of their movies and you don't get any detailled information about the rides, the atmosphere etc. Especially a people like the Germans (I don't know how it is elsewhere, maybe it's the same?) which really wants to know what their holiday destination looks like etc. is disappointed by this site.
I think this website is really featureless and doesn't represent the magic and fascination of DLRP at all.
Secure all cargo, all passengers aboard!

---------------------------------------------

Bring back the moon!

norhel

Just bumping this to say that DLP has gotten a new website now. It looks much like the US sites.
4 trips to DLP, 3 to WDW, 1 to Disneyland California

DisneyRon

Quote from: norhel on September 25, 2014, 03:40:23 PM
Just bumping this to say that DLP has gotten a new website now. It looks much like the US sites.

the Dutch site is reasonably informative, but the season info is hard to find and the meal plan information is not exactly the best (thank you DLPGuide). I really like the US Disneypark sites more, but I get the feeling that's more due to a lack of updates on the Dutch version of the site than anything else. :D

DisneyGagaChick

Just noticed!

Very nice  ;D

DisneyRon

Quote from: DisneyGagaChick on September 25, 2014, 05:44:33 PM

Just noticed!

Very nice  ;D

Hadn't actually visited the UK site when I typed my answer, just did... Quite the improvement.
Now I really need Disney to update the Dutch version, because it's just atrocious now compared to the UK version.

DisneyGagaChick

Quote from: DisneyRon on September 25, 2014, 05:50:14 PM
Hadn't actually visited the UK site when I typed my answer, just did... Quite the improvement.
Now I really need Disney to update the Dutch version, because it's just atrocious now compared to the UK version.

It does looks nice!

I haven't visited the Dutch one  ::)

Anthony

Shameless plug for my thoughts ;)

DLP Today — Disneyland Paris launches brand new official website in line with American Disney resorts

Interested to hear what everyone else thinks too! Perhaps some of the pages, such as the planning/help type pages, are a little too bare and lacking images? It's amazing to see DLP with the same website as Florida and California though, things have really really changed backstage.