When's your next visit?

Started by bensmum, January 08, 2012, 03:58:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elaine

Quote from: "kelly.dylan"
Quote from: "Peachtree"We are going from the 5th to the 9th of March (so we're going to pull as fast one at school and say we have a wedding to go to as I have family in France LOL) .  I had a look for the school half term and the prices were rediculous, which is why we are going during school term.
I haven't booked eurostar yet as you can only book up to November I think.  The Eurostar site says that you can book upto 84 days in advance, which is the best way to do it as you get the £59-£69 deals.
We are staying in the Cheyenne again, as the Cheyenne and Santa Fe prices are exactly the same.  I've found the Cheyenne to be so much better than the Santa Fe.
Also, if you book before the 20th August 2012 you get the 1 day 1 night (3 night book) / 2 days 2 nights (4 night book) free (Also both are exactly the same price so tell your friend to book the 4 night!)
Hope that helps.
Ah thanks you, will tell her to make sure she's getting the 2 days free, such a good deal!!
Eurostar ickets are on sale now, you could phone this morning and i think they are up online now too x

Edit..just called my friend but she said she didnt look at those days as its tues-sat and Eurostar don't go direct to Disney. Not sure if you knew and were planning to go via paris x

Kelly Eurostar have put on a Tuesday direct service for w/c 18th FEB next year, as its a school holiday (totally shocked me that I was quoted a direct fare for Tuesday 19th Feb when I called Eurostar yesterday). As you found out yourself though, no £69 direct fares for those dates.
I've just booked with the same deal as Peachtree, moved my arrival date to Friday 15th Feb though as from Sat 16th the price jumps up for half term. Chose the cheapest room type, so another £20 off the online price ie £267 for one adult, one 11-year old, 4 nights and 5 days.
For future reference, you could do the same thing with Dylan, just book yourself into the room on the same deal, then get yourself an annual pass and add Dylan's name to the booking when you arrive at the hotel (I've done this myself with my DD, its no problem at all and it only costs at most 2 euros per night booked in local taxes). That way Dylan has the package park ticket to use, you have your annual pass. If, as you do, you visit DLP more than once a year, and you like staying onsite, it works out cheaper than booking both of you as adults in on the package.

kelly.dylan

Quote from: "Elaine"
Quote from: "kelly.dylan"
Quote from: "Peachtree"We are going from the 5th to the 9th of March (so we're going to pull as fast one at school and say we have a wedding to go to as I have family in France LOL) .  I had a look for the school half term and the prices were rediculous, which is why we are going during school term.
I haven't booked eurostar yet as you can only book up to November I think.  The Eurostar site says that you can book upto 84 days in advance, which is the best way to do it as you get the £59-£69 deals.
We are staying in the Cheyenne again, as the Cheyenne and Santa Fe prices are exactly the same.  I've found the Cheyenne to be so much better than the Santa Fe.
Also, if you book before the 20th August 2012 you get the 1 day 1 night (3 night book) / 2 days 2 nights (4 night book) free (Also both are exactly the same price so tell your friend to book the 4 night!)
Hope that helps.
Ah thanks you, will tell her to make sure she's getting the 2 days free, such a good deal!!
Eurostar ickets are on sale now, you could phone this morning and i think they are up online now too x

Edit..just called my friend but she said she didnt look at those days as its tues-sat and Eurostar don't go direct to Disney. Not sure if you knew and were planning to go via paris x

Kelly Eurostar have put on a Tuesday direct service for w/c 18th FEB next year, as its a school holiday (totally shocked me that I was quoted a direct fare for Tuesday 19th Feb when I called Eurostar yesterday). As you found out yourself though, no £69 direct fares for those dates.
I've just booked with the same deal as Peachtree, moved my arrival date to Friday 15th Feb though as from Sat 16th the price jumps up for half term. Chose the cheapest room type, so another £20 off the online price ie £267 for one adult, one 11-year old, 4 nights and 5 days.
For future reference, you could do the same thing with Dylan, just book yourself into the room on the same deal, then get yourself an annual pass and add Dylan's name to the booking when you arrive at the hotel (I've done this myself with my DD, its no problem at all and it only costs at most 2 euros per night booked in local taxes). That way Dylan has the package park ticket to use, you have your annual pass. If, as you do, you visit DLP more than once a year, and you like staying onsite, it works out cheaper than booking both of you as adults in on the package.
Thanks Elaine, I have never even thought of that! Would save so much money! I just hope Dylan still wants to go to Disney after next year, so scared he will say he's too old! I was considering getting annual passes last year, had i though about the way you do it could have probably saved a fortune!
September 2007-Cheyenne
March 2009-Santa Fe
January 2010-Cheyenne
October 2010-Hotel New York
December 2010-Cheyenne
February 2011-Disneyland Hotel
October 2011-Newport Bay
December 2011-Santa Fe
August 2012-Offsite
October 2012-Explorers Hotel
December 2012-Sequoia Lodge
May 2013-Kyriad
October 2013-Kyriad
December 2013-Dream Castle
October 2014-WDW Saratoga Springs[/color]

Elaine

Quote from: "kelly.dylan"Thanks Elaine, I have never even thought of that! Would save so much money! I just hope Dylan still wants to go to Disney after next year, so scared he will say he's too old! I was considering getting annual passes last year, had i though about the way you do it could have probably saved a fortune!

oh I have the same dilemma - I know its going to happen, one day DD just won't be that bothered about returning to DLP, and we'll have to go somewhere else instead  :shock: !

mickeyspal

Quote from: "kelly.dylan"Thanks Elaine, I have never even thought of that! Would save so much money! I just hope Dylan still wants to go to Disney after next year, so scared he will say he's too old! I was considering getting annual passes last year, had i though about the way you do it could have probably saved a fortune!

oh I have the same dilemma - I know its going to happen, one day DD just won't be that bothered about returning to DLP, and we'll have to go somewhere else instead  :shock: !

I wouldn't worry about the kids not wanting to go as they get older, if they enjoy it now they probably always will.
My son Sean was 7 when we first went in 1993, he is now 26 and has came with me on every visit; his girlfriend wasn't a Disney fan until she came with us in 2005 and joined us everytime since. She can't get enough of Stitch so we always know where to find her. :D/
1993 + 2005 - Hotel Cheyenne
1995 - Walt Disney World Florida
1997 - Hotel New York
1998 - Hotel Santa Fe
2000 + 2006 + 2012 + 2014 - Sequoia Lodge
2002 + 2004 +  2009 - Newport Bay
2007 + 2015 - Hong Kong Disney
2007 - DLP (1 day visit)
2017 - Disneyland Hotel - Cinderella Suite
2018 - Disney Cruise- Mediterranean
2019 - Disneyland Hotel
2020 - Disney Merrytime Cruise - Caribbean

SwipatronSparks

I would worry either kelly i was 11 the first time i went.... just turned 22 and i am still desperate to go again :)
past trips to DLRP ~2001~2001~2002~2003~2005~2005~2006~2008~2011~2013~2015/16~2016~2017~2019
DLH, SL, NPBC, Explorers, Dream Castle, Magic Circus, Kyraid,

upcoming trips....

kelly.dylan

Quote from: "SwipatronSparks"I would worry either kelly i was 11 the first time i went.... just turned 22 and i am still desperate to go again :)
Quote from: "mickeyspal"

I wouldn't worry about the kids not wanting to go as they get older, if they enjoy it now they probably always will.
My son Sean was 7 when we first went in 1993, he is now 26 and has came with me on every visit; his girlfriend wasn't a Disney fan until she came with us in 2005 and joined us everytime since. She can't get enough of Stitch so we always know where to find her. :D/

Well im going with 'we  havent done all the rides yet so we'll have to go back' ;) Although there is NO WAY you'll get me on Space Mountain so i can use that for a long time :oops:
September 2007-Cheyenne
March 2009-Santa Fe
January 2010-Cheyenne
December 2010-Cheyenne
October 2011-Newport Bay
December 2011-Santa Fe
August 2012-Offsite
May 2013-Kyriad
October 2013-Kyriad

mickeyspal

My problem is getting someone to go on the big rides with me; my late husband didn't care much for the rides but Sean & I went on them all, but the last few visits he hasn't enjoyed rides ie: Space Mountain & the Aerosmith ride he won't even consider the Tower of Terror (thank goodness my brother was with us the last visit as the two of us went on everything, I'm too much of a coward to go on the rides by myself) @ least Sean still enjoys thundermountain so I'll be going on this umpteen times when we go back home next week.  :minnie:
1997 - Hotel New York
1998 - Hotel Santa Fe
2007 - DLP (1 day visit)
2019 - Disneyland Hotel

kelly.dylan

I hate the big rides!!! Dylan loves them. Until last year BTM was the biggest ride id go on!! Last christmas I braved rc racer, although I did have my eyes shut and clung on to the restraint the whole time hahaha! I was so impressed I had done it I said we'd do ToT and Dylan didn't want to! I'm such a wimp!
September 2007-Cheyenne
March 2009-Santa Fe
January 2010-Cheyenne
December 2010-Cheyenne
October 2011-Newport Bay
December 2011-Santa Fe
August 2012-Offsite
May 2013-Kyriad
October 2013-Kyriad

mickeyspal

I enjoy all the fast rides, they just don't last long enough. I'm still trying to persuade Sean to come on Tower of Terror, telling him the longest part is the walk through the hotel, as the ride itself only lasts a couple of minutes; last resort will be to grab a stranger to accompany me. :minnie:
1997 - Hotel New York
1998 - Hotel Santa Fe
2007 - DLP (1 day visit)
2019 - Disneyland Hotel

andlorna

Booked today for Feb half term next year............carnt wait . We have booked 4 nights 5 days too much of a good offer to let go.
PREVIOUS VISITS,
Oct 06, Santa fe 3 days
Oct 07, Sequoia 4 days
Oct 08, Sequoia 4 days
Oct 09, Sequoia 4 days
Dec 09 New Year
Oct 10, Cheyenne 4 days
April 11, Cheyenne 4 days
Feb 13, Cheyenne 5 days
Feb 14, Cheyenne 5 days
Oct 14 Hipark 4 days
Nov 14 Hipark 4 days
Feb 15 Santa Fe 5 days
May 15 Hipark 4 days
Augt 15 Hipark 5 days
Feb 16 Cheyenne 5 days
April 16 Hipark 5 days
Aug 16 Hipark 5 days
Oct 16 Hipark 5 days
Dec 16 Sequoia new year
Next Trip
Oct 17 Hipark 5 days

bellefan75

We're heading to the House of Mouse March 2013, taking advantage of the "4 nights for the price of 2" offer. And, we've got a good deal on the Eurostar (we got the travel agent to phone Disney to add on the Eurostar). It'll be our first trip to the magic with our children, (they'll be 3 & 1 by then) and we can't wait!!! It seemed ages away when we booked it, but the time is flying by!
I wouldn't say that I've started packing.....but there's a large plastic storage box in our room with new clothes (bought in the Disney Store sale ;)  ) and lots of other holiday bits and bobs....am I too excited for a woman of nearly 37...???????
1996~ Santa Fe & Davy Crockett Ranch
1997~ Cheyenne
1997~ Sequioa Lodge
2005~ Santa Fe
2005~ Sequoia Lodge
2007~ Santa Fe
2008~ Newport Bay Club
2013~ Hotel Cheyenne
2016~ Hotel Cheyenne
2018~ Hotel Cheyenne

flickmcktur

I wouldn't worry about them not wanting to go I think there are enough reasons for them to still enjoy it but I suppose that I worry about that too a little. The thing I'm least looking forward too is when they realize that the characters are just people in costumes. My children will be almost 3 and just 4 this visit and the way they look at the characters is so cute they truly believe in the magic of it all. When they turn round and tell me its not real I think I will cry.
Our next visit is august 26-31st not long now so excited.

Elaine

Quote from: "flickmcktur"I wouldn't worry about them not wanting to go I think there are enough reasons for them to still enjoy it but I suppose that I worry about that too a little.
The thing I'm least looking forward too is when they realize that the characters are just people in costumes. My children will be almost 3 and just 4 this visit and the way they look at the characters is so cute they truly believe in the magic of it all. When they turn round and tell me its not real I think I will cry.
Our next visit is august 26-31st not long now so excited.

they may not ever do that - I've taken my daughter and my niece through the years, from the time they were 6 until they were 11. Even at age 11 they were still happy to get autographs from characters, and I got a birthday cake for them at Cafe Mickey last time, and they were both over the moon when Mickey, Tigger and Eeyore brought it out to them and danced with them. (this however was also the trip where, whenever we passed a CM park entrance/exit, they'd be guessing which character the CMs could be, based on their height lol).

Its still magic!

sarahmumof4

Quote from: "bellefan75"We're heading to the House of Mouse March 2013, taking advantage of the "4 nights for the price of 2" offer. And, we've got a good deal on the Eurostar (we got the travel agent to phone Disney to add on the Eurostar). It'll be our first trip to the magic with our children, (they'll be 3 & 1 by then) and we can't wait!!! It seemed ages away when we booked it, but the time is flying by!
I wouldn't say that I've started packing.....but there's a large plastic storage box in our room with new clothes (bought in the Disney Store sale ;)  ) and lots of other holiday bits and bobs....am I too excited for a woman of nearly 37...???????

I'm 37 on Wednesday and I'm so excited aswell !!!

Haven't started packing but am planning on buying the kids bits for xmas to take , ie clothes with minnie, mickey , buzz etc. They normally get new pj's to wear xmas eve so they are going to be disney ones so they can take them !!
First visit - Santa Fe , March 2011

Adagio , Feb 2013

Santa Fe , Feb 2014

Fourth visit - Sequoia Lodge , Golden Forest rooms  December 2015 🎄

ford prefect

Hey, I am celebrating my 40th birthday at DLP. my wife, kids and I are far too excited planning our 30 th visit!
enjoy yourself, it\'s later than you think!