New Spring/Summer 2012 brochure - Now online!

Started by alternativerock123, November 01, 2011, 09:22:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Riebi

I think they lost completly their way of explaining the parks to new customers. I even don´t think that a new customer would get what he should expect out of this 4 (!!!) theme park pages.

Quote from: "pfspock"I remember the nineties, when each land had it's own double page spread. :roll:

And that´s were they should start again. Let the people see the park and they will come. so much space for all this other stuff...why?
Wer nämlich mit "H" schreibt ist dämlich.

...the DPG is watching U...

davewasbaloo

Agreed. It is pointless, Disney keeps shoving the idea it is all about toons and kids. And yet, my recent survey, the vast majority of votes by people on this board showed it is the atmosphere they love. For me, Europa park has they very best brochures, universal Orlando, port aventura, they all show the purpose of going.

Instead we get synergy and up sell. I hate it.

Having spent decades defending Disney and telling people it is not just for kids, Disney have undone that and sell the place on that basis now. Grrrrrr
since 2001 (many before that)

Catalina

This is the first Time I am actually waiting for the Prices to come out, because I want to book for May. And I have to admit that I am a bit stunned that the Prices for UK are out, even ready to be booked, with the new Brochure and everything, while there is nothing for the Rest of Europe, from what I could find.
Why is that? Because most of the visitors to DL come from the UK?
We've called the Reservation Office and according to them, the Prices for Switzerland for 2012 will only be out end of January. So I can only book my holidays for May by the End of January. I don't really see the logic behind that.

Anyway. Does anyone have any knowledge if Mainland Europe will get the same deals and specials that are now in the Brochure? Like the 5 Days / 4 Nights for 4 Days / 3 Nights Deal in May? Thank you!  :thumbs:

DutchBrit

Quote from: "Catalina"Anyway. Does anyone have any knowledge if Mainland Europe will get the same deals and specials that are now in the Brochure? Like the 5 Days / 4 Nights for 4 Days / 3 Nights Deal in May? Thank you!  :thumbs:

Yes, it's odd that they are holding off so long for the European bookings. Are they waiting to find out if we will still be using the euro, perhaps? Or perhaps they just think that Europeans wait longer to book anyway, as opposed to the Brits. I suppose we don't usually have to factor flights and ferries in!

Here in the Netherlands we do seem to get the same sort of offers as the UK, days free, kids free, flash sales and so on. Last year it also seemed to be a touch cheaper: when I was booking our Nov/Dec trip I compared the prices on all the sites and found that my price quoted in euros was the same as the one quoted in pounds, which meant that the euro one was better value in real terms.

But I'm also expecting our prices/offers to be much higher this year. I would like to go right at the beginning of July before the French and UK schools break up, but am seriously thinking about staying off-site this time.

DutchBrit

By co-incidence, just got a mail about a flash sale for December/January dates: 50% off for DLH, HNY and NBC and 40% for the other hotels. If you can hold your nerve and book late, you really do get some good bargains!

Josh

Quote from: "DutchBrit"If you can hold your nerve and book late, you really do get some good bargains!
The only problem that is that the flights are expensive by then. Well, on easyJet, at least.
Disneyland Paris
    [li]January 2000, 2012[/li]
    [li]April 2012[/li]
    [li]August 2009, 2011, 2013[/li]
    [li]New Year 1997-98, 1998-99, 2001-02, 2002-03, 2003-04, 2004-05, 2005-06, 2006-07[/li]
Walt Disney World
    [li]August 2008[/li]

carrydee38

i just rang disney and us irish who have to book flights no euro tunnnel here no prices out....its driving me mad I wish to go in June and i like to book lfights early to get a good price....and they said to keep an eye on website over next few days they orginally said 15th of November now its keep an eye on website....so were still waiting unlike our british counter parts....

that flash sale is that only for netherlands?

Epcot_Boy

Quote from: "Donald-Duck-Malta"
Quote from: "alternativerock123"http://www.disneylandparis.com/BROCHURE/SUMMER12/E/catalogue/appli.htm

Ahhhh. Oh yeah, to say that this is the year no one should miss - there was really a lack of information.
No fireworks mention.

But the thing that made me go "oh" was the 4 day extension of Halloween until the 4th November.

It looks like no fireworks for this season...but at least we have a new water show instead so I dont mind :)

If you look at Page 9 of the brochure the picture under Summer Time 'Magical Seasons' does show fireworks. It would be a bit naughty therefore if they didn't have fireworks [-o<
Summer without fireworks, whatever next :roll:  ;)

David

ulak

In our country (Czech Republic - heart of middle Europe) nothing like 5/4 days / meal/ special  sales deal.. nothing!! :( Very bad. Booking has end in March. Nothing more.

very bad promotion in our country for years - i mean absolutely nothing.
[size=85](sorry for my bad english, thank You!)[/size]

peter

Interesting, especially considering Paris was chosen so that it's within 2 hours flight of all of Europe, then they treat a country as if they aren't wanted. By that reasoning there should be a Disneyland in north Korea!

ulak

Quote from: "peter"Interesting, especially considering Paris was chosen so that it's within 2 hours flight of all of Europe, then they treat a country as if they aren't wanted. By that reasoning there should be a Disneyland in north Korea!

True. In fact - 1 hour flight from our country to  Paris :(

And we have technical problems with booking on DLP site many times.
[size=85](sorry for my bad english, thank You!)[/size]

DutchBrit

Quote from: "carrydee38"that flash sale is that only for netherlands?

Don't know if it's only for the Netherlands, but that's the site I'm registered at, so that's where the mail came from.

I don't know why some countries get offers and some don't. But I'm pretty sure that there's a strategy in place and that there are reasons for it. The Dutch like bargains and most would choose to drive rather than fly, so there's a bit of extra flexibility.

So even when the summer prices are finally released on the Dutch site, I won't be booking until at least next spring just to see if the offers get better. And going by what seems likely, they are going to have to get quite a lot better to get us on site!

Aurora1

Flipped throu the brochure online. It is very colorful, very "dreamy", but it would not make me go! Only two pages for each park is not enough! And who ever saw a castle in the Studios? ](*,) (always wanted to use that smilie)
Aurora1

aliscrapper

I've been searching for the new Summer 2012 brochure in every Travel Agents I walk past.  Which Travel Agents did people get the new brochure??? Thanks

Little mermaid 240

Co-op travel had them in :thumbs:
Little Mermaid x