Terrorific Night 2011

Started by Kristof, July 08, 2011, 11:52:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

peter

Captain rocket, that was only the first year. Last year and this year the event is being done by disney

fly_with_me_dumbo

IM GOING!!!!! well i will be when i book on monday!!!! im excited, apart from the fact I have very realistic night terrors where i wake the other person in my bed and say theres someone with a knife hiding in the room, or wake up screaming becasue i can "see" someone crawling across the ceiling- in a grudge the ring type girl crawling thing. Soooo I may have an eventful nights sleep after this!!!

_Natalie_x

Ommmgggg I really wanna go but I would actually cry through the whole thing!! I bet there's an age limit right?? I'm 18 but I dnt watch horror movies or anything, I'd sill like to go just for the thrill :p I think it's great that Disney are running such different events to what people would except of the company. It opens the park up to a whole new demographic, I bet it'd be a great night for a group of friends. Wish my October trip was around this time, still, Halloween is a wonderful time to be in Disneyland Paris :)
We made a wish.. and believed and believed and VOILA![/color]
Here we are... <3[/b]

peter

New details!!! This year will feature fog machines park wide, more special theming for rides, and the best part...

TERROR ZONES!!! wish I could be there

Anthony

So... How were the Terrorific Nights?

Anyone care to share a few thoughts or experiences from the events? :)

peep

I was lucky enough to go on the Saturday night. It was absolutely fantastic. The park was covered in smoke and cool lighting. There were scare actors in designated locations which were awesome. There was a scary circus act in front of Cinemagique which was gruesome and fun. All the rides that were open had either actors in the ride's queueline or during the ride or in Rock 'n' Rollercoaster's case a slight change to the pre-show. It was generally one amazing event and I could tell they'd changed a fair bit since last year and I really look forward to the event returning next year (hopefully).
Next visit to DLP: October 26th
Coaster Count: over 320

Kristof

There were a few changes compared to last year's edition:

- Armageddon wasn't just a walk through, it was the normal attraction with a slightly altered pre-show and there were scary actors in the walkway between the pre-show and the main show and there were 2 other actors in those "cages" at the exit of the attraction.
- Terrorific Tram Tour had a really short stop at the Dinotopia set (mainly to shorten the waiting time) and in the Reign of Fire set there was a really cool huge dinosaur-like creature that "ate" one of the attraction hosts.
- Horror Market was a Terror Zone located behind Tower of Terror and had a bunch of scary actors trying to "sell" you gruesome things like eye balls in a jar and stuff like that.
- Screams Monestary was a located in La Terrasse and features scary monks roaming through a lot of fog.
- In Toon Studio there were meet 'n' greet sets with Disney Villains, I saw Jafar, the Old Hag and Shan Yu.

And then for the streetmosphere, there was a motor cycle gang in Back Lot riding big Harley's, the Freaky Circus in which a random guest was butchered by the magician and a Headless Horseman was roaming Toon Studio.

These are probably the biggest changes compared to last year's edition.  I'll be putting a bunch of photos online this weekend!  :thumbs:

peter

Sounds good, but I hope they continue to improve.

Next year I think the obvious step up is one or two horror mazes

Anthony

Quote from: "Kristof"- Horror Market was a Terror Zone located behind Tower of Terror and had a bunch of scary actors trying to "sell" you gruesome things like eye balls in a jar and stuff like that.
Good to see those guys from outside Disney Village getting some work at last. :lol:

Mazes (indoor ones?) might be quite expensive to set up just for two nights. It sounds like they could still work a bit more with what they've got in the park. Sid's toys or Lotso and his gang taking over Toy Story Playland as night falls for example.

Kristof

I've just finished uploading the photos to Photos Magiques. Enjoy!  :twisted:

http://www.photosmagiques.com/gallery/w ... ight-2011/