Disney's Halloween Festival 2011

Started by littlemermaid83, June 13, 2011, 01:20:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DopeyDad

You gotta love Halloween at DLP  :D

davewasbaloo

Very much so. And one of the biproducts is it feels like it brought Halloween back to Europe!  Our neighbourhood is fantastic at Halloween, and I am not sure it would have happened unless DLP did Halloween in a big way and the other parks copied.

Seriously, Halloween has always been my main holiday, preferring it to Christmas even. And DLP's halloween is so cool (though some years have been better than others).
since 2001 (many before that)

Disneylover13

i was wondering if anybody knows if the pink witches will be coming back to dlp this halloween???
i remember seeing them in oct 2006 and they where great :) x
Newport Bay May 2004 :)
Newport Bay Jan 2006 :)
Disneyland Hotel Jan 2008 :)
Cheyenne Jan 2009 :)
Newport Bay Nov 2010 :)
Hotel New York october 2011 :) )
Cheyenne june 2012 \":)\"

peter

BTM in the dark is amazing, because everything is last minute. You don't see it till it's right in front of you

I think what would be cool is if they opened adventure isle up, but did some theming so that it became zombie isle!!! Maybe after 5 o'clock they use loads of fog machines and get zombie actors, so that it's kind of lik a scare zone. It would be a less intense version of the kind of thing they have at universal studios

Scissorsboi

The changes sound great if they're going ahead! I went last year and said that one of the big ways they could plus it were fireworks, we enjoyed it, but it felt like EMH not a special event! Fireworks plus Fanti is a great decision!
"...keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things" - Walt.

peter

When you look at the Halloween parties at other parks, dlp is put to shame

davewasbaloo

Quote from: "peter"When you look at the Halloween parties at other parks, dlp is put to shame

Other than the original design/attractions as well as table service dining, sadly that can be said about most things. It is a shame, because DLP used to be the very best.
since 2001 (many before that)

littlemermaid83

Well lets just remember this is all rumours at the moment, anything can change at dlp.
Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you, tomorrow,... You're always a day closer to my next Disney trip!

Martin B

Does anybody know when the official DLRP announcement about Halloween will be?

We really can not wait. I know that last year there was some sort of announcement with all sorts of previews and itenaries.

Also, does anybody know what the opening times will be. We are going from Thursday 13th - Sunday 16th.

Thanks for reading,

Martin  :thumbs:
@DisneyMart - Follow me on twitter and I\'ll tweet live from Disneyland Paris and other Disney locations on our magical adventures... www.twitter.com/DisneyMart

littlemermaid83

Quote from: "Martin  B"Does anybody know when the official DLRP announcement about Halloween will be?

We really can not wait. I know that last year there was some sort of announcement with all sorts of previews and itenaries.

Also, does anybody know what the opening times will be. We are going from Thursday 13th - Sunday 16th.

Thanks for reading,

Martin  :thumbs:

Still waiting, hopefully it will be announced end of August sometime.
Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you, tomorrow,... You're always a day closer to my next Disney trip!

carlinabob

I hope they announce something soon, we're there from the 11th. First ever trip.  :D

Columbiad

Disney has released a press release. It can be read on the Disney and More blog below.

http://disneyandmore.blogspot.com/2011/ ... tival.html

Maarten

Quote from: "Columbiad"Disney has released a press release. It can be read on the Disney and More blog below.

http://disneyandmore.blogspot.com/2011/ ... tival.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Thank you for the link. There is no mentioning of introducing Yzma this year, let alone the return of Jack Skellington and Sally! That's dissapointing. The new Maleficious Halloween show sounds interesting though.

peter

theyre using the castle stage!!! interesting that there are two daily halloween shows instead of just one, but other than that theres almost no info, hopefully more will come soon

Martin B

Really dissapointed with the complete lack of information.

Sounds like the Maleficent show will be better than the other one, but I am sure I will enjoy both.

Can't wait to go on October 13th!

Martin :0)
@DisneyMart - Follow me on twitter and I\'ll tweet live from Disneyland Paris and other Disney locations on our magical adventures... www.twitter.com/DisneyMart