disneyland paris speak

Started by mary, June 14, 2011, 09:09:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mary

I hope I am posting this in the correct spot, if not please feel free to move it where suitable.  I would like to know if there is a "disneyland paris speak", you know like text talk.  I have trouble reading some of the comments as they have abbreviations such as CM??.  Maybe someone could create a speak chart giving all the abbreviations on the forum.  I can guess some of them, for example rnrc for rock and roller coaster, but it would be interesting to see how many abbreviations are used, and fun for others to use them and feel they are part of the family.  Anyone out there clever enough to start it off? :roll:

CafeFantasia

AllEars.Net has already done all the hard work:

http://allears.net/tp/abrev.htm

mary

Brilliant!!!!  I can spend a few hours reading through this - love it!  thanks

dagobert

Since Allears.net only covers the US parks, I'm going to write the missing DLRP abbreviations down:

DLRP - Disneyland Resort Paris, although the name changed back to Disneyland Paris, some members still use it for the whole resort.
DLP - Disneyland Paris or Disneyland Park. Some use this abbreviation for the first park instead for describing the whole resort.
PM - Phantom Manor
IJATTOP - Indiana Jones And The Temple of Peril
SM:M2 - Space Mountain: Mission 2
WDSP - Walt Disney Studios Park
CC - Crush's Coaster
AODA - Art Of Disney Animation
TSPL - Toy Story Playland
DV - Disney Village
DLH - Disneyland Hotel
HNY - Hotel New York
NPBC - Newport Bay Club
SL - Sequoia Lodge
SF - Santa Fe

If I missed some or did it wrong, feel free to change and add them!

Anthony

We have just the thing for you, Mary!

Check out the magicforum DIStionary, which has an A-Z listing of names, terms and abbreviations related to Disneyland Paris!

viewtopic.php?f=18&t=5312