You know you're Disney obsessed when...

Started by tinker_fairy, May 24, 2011, 01:05:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aurora1

Just saw Johnny Depp last sasturday. My husband is absolutly Pirates-crazy! Think he can tell the movies by heart by now. :roll:
I liked the last one too, time went by quickly. Johnny was brilliant. :thumbs:
Aurora1

Aurora1

Disney obsessed....

....when you think about the next trip on the train home.
....when you get to your computer the minute your home(or the next morning)and hope for a %-offer.

Aurora1

Josh

Speaking of which, aren't the prices for the winter season coming out tomorrow?
Disneyland Paris
    [li]January 2000, 2012[/li]
    [li]April 2012[/li]
    [li]August 2009, 2011, 2013[/li]
    [li]New Year 1997-98, 1998-99, 2001-02, 2002-03, 2003-04, 2004-05, 2005-06, 2006-07[/li]
Walt Disney World
    [li]August 2008[/li]

SwipatronSparks

...When your parents mention going away somewhere your first thought is to go to disneyland...
... you are always checking to see what the latest deals are....
.... you know when the best time to visit disneyland is and usually whats happening around that time...
...you are always looking to disneyfy something...
... you own more than one disney related plush toy...
... you are always looking for more disney dvds you dont have yet...
... you have what you have deemed 'the disney wall' where only photographs/drawings/posters that are disney related are put....
... you where very happy when a disney store opened in your town/city...
i think theres more but im not sure...
past trips to DLRP ~2001~2001~2002~2003~2005~2005~2006~2008~2011~2013~2015/16~2016~2017~2019
DLH, SL, NPBC, Explorers, Dream Castle, Magic Circus, Kyraid,

upcoming trips....

kate&phoo

Quote from: "davewasbaloo"Nope, it is not about the money, you are right. I was very poor once (homeless even), but Disney was ironically my motivation to be successful, so I could afford to do more Disney related things.

This really struck a chord with me. I had had a really awful year which had resulted in me moving back in with my parents with my little 3 year old daughter tucked into my arm. Two months after I had moved home, as part of cashback site I was offered money to deposit money in a Bingo account, so basically for depositing ten quid I was going to get twenty quid back. I was pretty broke at that point too, I had outstanding debts from splitting with my little girl's dad and things were pretty dire so for a tenna I thought I was well in. Anyway, I ended up winning 1200 quid. It was all very quick, very random. I sat for a while and bizarrely I decided I was going to go to Disneyland Paris. I have no idea why, don't get me wrong I love Disney now but I'd been pretty apathetic before then, although I have always loved what Disney stood for. So, by the next week I had booked a week's stay in Cheyenne, I had just enough money to pay off my remaining debts and book my holiday.

That week in Disney changed my life - no exaggeration. I came back completely different and have never gone back to that dark place. Call it what you want, I know I sound ridiculous but it changed everything for me so I completely get what you're saying daveasbaloo  :D

I just wanted to add that whatever you believe, winning that money was fate/sent from Uncle Walt or a message from God and I am so thankful for it! By the way, I withdrew my money and closed the account - gambling doesn't pay.

So in response to the original question....

You know you're obsessed with Disney when you truly believe Disney saved your life <3

DLP-Photos.com

Quote from: "kate&phoo"
Quote from: "davewasbaloo"Nope, it is not about the money, you are right. I was very poor once (homeless even), but Disney was ironically my motivation to be successful, so I could afford to do more Disney related things.

This really struck a chord with me. I had had a really awful year which had resulted in me moving back in with my parents with my little 3 year old daughter tucked into my arm. Two months after I had moved home, as part of cashback site I was offered money to deposit money in a Bingo account, so basically for depositing ten quid I was going to get twenty quid back. I was pretty broke at that point too, I had outstanding debts from splitting with my little girl's dad and things were pretty dire so for a tenna I thought I was well in. Anyway, I ended up winning 1200 quid. It was all very quick, very random. I sat for a while and bizarrely I decided I was going to go to Disneyland Paris. I have no idea why, don't get me wrong I love Disney now but I'd been pretty apathetic before then, although I have always loved what Disney stood for. So, by the next week I had booked a week's stay in Cheyenne, I had just enough money to pay off my remaining debts and book my holiday.

That week in Disney changed my life - no exaggeration. I came back completely different and have never gone back to that dark place. Call it what you want, I know I sound ridiculous but it changed everything for me so I completely get what you're saying daveasbaloo  :D

I just wanted to add that whatever you believe, winning that money was fate/sent from Uncle Walt or a message from God and I am so thankful for it! By the way, I withdrew my money and closed the account - gambling doesn't pay.

So in response to the original question....

You know you're obsessed with Disney when you truly believe Disney saved your life <3

Great stories to hear!

On topic:

... When you spend the evening thinking about and discussing DLP advertisement strategies... (Guilty :oops:  ;) )
/Nicolai

Please visit my DLP website: www.dlp-photos.com

[size=150]Trip report from August 2014[/size]

Dixieface

Quote from: "Vegitabeta"When you start seeing hidden Mickeys in everyday life.

...and most of the things that have already been mentioned.

Haha, I do that too.. Others are..

- I can't stop talking about Disney.. Disneyland, Disney World, Disney movies, you name it..
- Most of my music collection of Disney music like someone wrote earlier..
- I watch Disney videos at Youtube  almost everyday..
- I actually have a webcam on my phone to Disneyland, California.. (Downloaded from App Store ^^)
- I draw alot of Disney drawings.. :P
"I don\'t want the public to see the world they live in while they\'re in the Park (Disneyland). I want to feel they\'re in another world." - Walt Disney ~

_Natalie_x

Quote from: "nicoledlrp"you carry the room keycard you '''forgot''' to hand in at checkout in your purse at all times.

YES this is me!! A Santa fe keycard and park entry ticket from 2008 has not left my purse since. ;) makes me smile every single time I see it :D

...when you go on a 6 month trip around the world, but spend your entire time excited to get home to start your job at the local Disney store.
...when you visit another Disney store you put stray things back in their right place because you want it to be perfect and magical for everyone.
...when 97% of you and your friends conversations are about Disney, a Disney park, Disney rumors, Disney movies etcetcetc
...when you get a stupid grin on your face and your eyes glaze over when you see an advert for a disney park on television.

Oh the list could go on...
DISNEY <3 ;)
We made a wish.. and believed and believed and VOILA![/color]
Here we are... <3[/b]

Overdose

Well, almost everything has allready been said for me... :P

...when you're staring for hours to the maps of DLP just hoping to go there again some day.

btw davewasbaloo
Propose at DLP then taking a honeymoon to WDW...
that's what I hope to be my future. :P

lynnemcwhinnie

I love you all ... you make me sound quite normal now  :D  :lol:
And as for inspirational stories ... they don't come any better ... thank you, thank you, thank you ...
I don't care that some folks laugh at me ... I know what Disney does for me ... and it's all good.
Take care and keep it Disney ... Lynne  =D>
DLP May 1992, Jun 1995, Apr 1999, May 2001, Aug 2003, Sep 2006, Nov 2007, Mar 2008, Oct 2008, Dec 2009, Oct 2010, Nov 2010, Dec 2010, Aug 2011, Oct 2011, Nov 2014, Oct 2015
WDW Jun 1990, May 1992, Apr 1994, Mar 1995, Sep 1997, Jun 1998, Ju 2003, Sep 2008, Sep 2009, Sep 2013
DC Jun 2006
Future Disney Visits: DLP Nov 2017, WDW Sep 2018

_Natalie_x

If there was a like button on the forum, I would like your comment Lynne haha :D have a magical day and welcome home! ;)
We made a wish.. and believed and believed and VOILA![/color]
Here we are... <3[/b]

lynnemcwhinnie

thank you ... it's good to be with like-minded folks ... the world would be a different place, I have NO DOUBT about this ... if we were all a little more 'disney' minded ... I don't mean the company/shareholder zealots ... I mean you get out what you put in ... keep it disney  :D/  =D>
DLP May 1992, Jun 1995, Apr 1999, May 2001, Aug 2003, Sep 2006, Nov 2007, Mar 2008, Oct 2008, Dec 2009, Oct 2010, Nov 2010, Dec 2010, Aug 2011, Oct 2011, Nov 2014, Oct 2015
WDW Jun 1990, May 1992, Apr 1994, Mar 1995, Sep 1997, Jun 1998, Ju 2003, Sep 2008, Sep 2009, Sep 2013
DC Jun 2006
Future Disney Visits: DLP Nov 2017, WDW Sep 2018

Pete's Dragon

... You've packed you suitcase a week early. And, you've only packed 5 tops for a 7 days trip because you know you're gonna buy 2 when you get there  :thumbs:

aliscrapper

Quote from: "Pete's Dragon"... You've packed you suitcase a week early. And, you've only packed 5 tops for a 7 days trip because you know you're gonna buy 2 when you get there  :thumbs:

DH said that sounds like me too!  I've only packed one hoodie as I know I'm going to bring back at least one new hoodie as long as I let DH buy lots of sweeties!! :D

princessemily

....when you have a trip booked for next March but can't resist the 40% sale and book for January too.
....when the walk to school conversations are entirely about Disney.
....when the scrapbooks of previous trips are permanently kept on bedside locker.
....when, thanks to this website, January's budget trip meals are already planned and priced.
....when logging into Disney websites is as frequent as checking emails and facebook.
Sequoia  Lodge - May 2004
NPBC- September 2005
SL - June 2006
SL- June 2007
Ch -December 2007
NY - September 2008
SL - March 2009
SL- March 2010
NY - March 2011
SL - January 2012
Ch - March 2012
NPBC -March 2013