20th Anniversary (1st April 2012 - March 2013)

Started by JelleP, May 09, 2011, 09:46:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josh

Actually, I think they were saying that they would be behind the castle stage, so they should be OK. :)
Disneyland Paris
    [li]January 2000, 2012[/li]
    [li]April 2012[/li]
    [li]August 2009, 2011, 2013[/li]
    [li]New Year 1997-98, 1998-99, 2001-02, 2002-03, 2003-04, 2004-05, 2005-06, 2006-07[/li]
Walt Disney World
    [li]August 2008[/li]

DisneyManiac

Well either way a screen of water is a great idea because it could be just like the one in Cars 2! Oops... sorry didn't mean to spoil it! Well when you see Cars 2 you'll know what I mean...

:ears: DisneyManiac :ears:

DisneyTom

Can we expect an anniversary ceremony for April 12th 2012? Plan to go and would like to find out if there's someting special going on that day.
Disneyland Anaheim, Walt Disney World Florida, Tokyo Disneyland, Tokyo Disney Sea, Disneyland Paris, Walt Disney Studio Park Paris

torillien

I'm off in March 2012 .. I am assuming that none of the 20th anniversary stuff will kick off until April ?
Self confessed Eeyore nut, IT Geek, IBM Champion, and Disney addict
WDW - Feb 2013 - Pirates at the Caribbean Beach

DLP - March 2012 - Disneyland Hotel, WDW - January 2012 - Swan Restort, DLP - June 2011 - Sequoia Lodge, WDW - January 2011 - Dolphin, DLP - November 2010 - Sequoia Lodge

DisneyManiac

Well usually partys start at April the 4th so you might not be lucky torillien :(

mdw

Will it have all changed again by 2013 in may? We went in may this yr and missed the new generation show in front of the castle :-( the new show flew over the top of my children's heads bcz of the language barrier

Michelle

alternativerock123

Quote from: "mdw"Will it have all changed again by 2013 in may? We went in may this yr and missed the new generation show in front of the castle :-( the new show flew over the top of my children's heads bcz of the language barrier

Michelle

Well, maybe, maybe not.

Disneyland Paris "festivals" normally run from April to end of March. For the 15th, it officially began on 1 April 2007 and was originally planned to end on 31 March 2008. However, the celebration was extended until 7 March 2009. The celebration was replaced by 'Mickey's Magical Party' from the 4th of April 2009.

So some decoration might stay up, some shows might change, but also might stay. I don't think we'll know until next year. I think it all depends on popularity within the park.
31st Aug - 1st Sept 2010 = Kyriad Torcy (First Time <3)
11th - 14th July 2011 = New York Hotel
2nd - 4th Aug 2011 = Kyriad Torcy
31st Oct 2011 = Day Trip
13th March 2012 (Disneyland Cal)
10th - 13th April 2012= Hotel L'Elysée
30th May - 1st June 2012 = Hotel L'Elysée
31st Oct - 1st Nov 2012 = Residence Prestige
18th - 20th July 2013 - Residence Prestige
9th -11th Nov 2013 = Hotel L'Elysée (First Christmas Trip!)
Coming soon:
29th April - 1st May = Hipark Serris.

ZINDERELLA

I am hoping the recent Market Research that I took part in has nothing to do with next year, but given that part of it mentioned a new Castle show featuring water, lights and if I recall correctly fire (fireworks perhaps?) it may well have been concerning next year......and here's hoping why not..................

For the research, I was asked to rate two different (but not THAT different!) descriptions of a new theme. One description focussed more on the the word 'monstrous' as in monstrously good fun (still not a grrrreeeattt advertising angle methinks) and made a lot of Monsters Inc and Incredibles references, the other description highlighted a greater range of characters such as Ratatouille, Tangled, BUT Both were highly Pixar dominated and featured those lovely interactive 'happenings':
-A Disney / Pixar focussed Parade
-Monsters Inc Scream Academy 'happenings' (where kids learn to do tricks or something or other)
-Incredibles 'happenings' where kids (again) get to learn the secrets of the Incredibles super powers
- New Castle Show featuring water, sound, light etc

I'm hoping the survey got a negative response, but given you were being asked to choose between 2 different ways of selling the same theme, I reckon they've got it in the bag, and are just testing ways to spin it.

Feeling a bit (actually VERY) disappointed if that's the real plan for 20th Anniversary.

Surely not???
2007 Halloween- Santa Fe
2009 May 1/2 Term- Newport Bay
2010 Halloween - Sequoia Lodge
2010 Xmas - Newport Bay (the one we won!)
2012 May 1/2 Term - Sequoia Lodge
2013 July - Magic Circus
2017 Magic Circus

Anthony

Merged with our existing 20th Anniversary topic. Please keep all general 20th rumours here!

There are however several separate topics for already-known events:
- Castle light and water nighttime show: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=10945
- Princess Pavilion: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=9682 (Although I think that's opening this year, so maybe it's not for the 20th after all?)

peter

oh thats worrying.

the good news, its now almost definite we get a new nighttime show, and a new parade is on the horizon

the bad news, everything else.

would it be so bad to have a plain old, 20th anniversary theme? maybe just some gold ribbons, a new main show, stuff like that.

ZINDERELLA

I dunno why they don't do something like 'old friends new friends' kind of theme. My kids (girls!) still want to see the classic characters as well as the new ones and would be mightily upset if their only chance to see the Princesses was the Auberge, which I cannot afford or the likely queue-for-a -year Princess Pavillion.

I think I may just have to lower my expectations for the Anniversary!
2007 Halloween- Santa Fe
2009 May 1/2 Term- Newport Bay
2010 Halloween - Sequoia Lodge
2010 Xmas - Newport Bay (the one we won!)
2012 May 1/2 Term - Sequoia Lodge
2013 July - Magic Circus
2017 Magic Circus

DisneyManiac

Woah! Wait a minute! ZINDERELLA said this '-A Disney / Pixar focussed Parade'. Anyone? Does that ring a bell? I thought so! If you don't know what I'm talking about... Then you must have joined a couple of weeks ago... Anyway... Oh and peter! That new parade on the horizon is actually... If think.... Is.... The Pixar Parade! 'Cause remember on a past post on DLRP Magic/Today it said it was plausible for the Pixar Parade to join DLRP maybe for the 20th perhaps? I don't know BUT I do know for certain The Pixar Parade Could join maybe WDS to replace Stars 'n' Cars (After all it has been running for a while...) so I think its time to say goodbye to Stars 'n' Cars... But remember I'm not sure its only a rumor so I don't know for certain! Reply beneath!

Josh

It would make sense if the parade was in the studios. I can't imagine them replacing One Upon a Dream with something like that.
Disneyland Paris
    [li]January 2000, 2012[/li]
    [li]April 2012[/li]
    [li]August 2009, 2011, 2013[/li]
    [li]New Year 1997-98, 1998-99, 2001-02, 2002-03, 2003-04, 2004-05, 2005-06, 2006-07[/li]
Walt Disney World
    [li]August 2008[/li]

Tinker Bell

I loved the 15th Anniversary logo, maybe you should base the logo on that one!!

But i do love the 1st one :-)

dejmurph1

has anyone mentioned the new projjection equipement installed on the gibson grill yet?

this link from

http://twitpic.com/photos/InsideDLParis

http://twitpic.com/6vhr0e