Disney Dreams! — Nighttime Spectacular

Started by Festival Disney, April 14, 2011, 01:54:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Robert97

Steve Davison Facebook Page posted this.

Well, I'm almost done with another 6 day, work all night, programming week. The show is coming along great. All the systems are online (the fire system came on tonight) and what we're seeing on the Castle is very, very exciting! We're now in the final home stretch! Can't wait for you all to see the final product.

15MagicalYears

I can't imagine launching pyro with such close proximity to the castle would be too good for it. I also kind of agree that the castle & surrounding area does seem to be sacrificing a lot purely for the show, I just hope it's worth it (although I know it will be).

DopeyDad

Presumably though, Dreams was always in consideration for the castle refurb last year.
I imagine they've taken the effects of water, smoke, heat etc. in to consideration as much as possible when choosing how to finish the castle.

sparklesprestonia

I am sure there has been pre tests before they even put anything anywhere near the Castle that could damage it. I for 1 have all confidence it what Steve Davison is doing and look forward to seeing this amazing show.
Santa Fe November 2010
Santa Fe Januray/Feb 2012 (a very cold trip)

Columbiad

Wow - the water screens! But what are we looking at here exactly? What's being projected?

lubynoo

It looks like it could be the voodoo man, during friends on the other side. He puts that mask thing on his face doesn't he and looks more skull like. Probably completely wrong but that is what it looked like when I saw the picture.

peter

How high up was the mist screen! That looks as if the poles extend up above a one storey height!

littlemermaid83

Very excited, very very excited!
Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you, tomorrow,... You're always a day closer to my next Disney trip!

Elwell2009

The positions of those fire units seems to match with the black backstage structures as the are as high as the castle  :D

Josh

Woh! Is it actual flames, or those spark effects that you see on gameshows like the X Factor?
Disneyland Paris
    [li]January 2000, 2012[/li]
    [li]April 2012[/li]
    [li]August 2009, 2011, 2013[/li]
    [li]New Year 1997-98, 1998-99, 2001-02, 2002-03, 2003-04, 2004-05, 2005-06, 2006-07[/li]
Walt Disney World
    [li]August 2008[/li]

Glstitch

Quote from: "Meph"Woh! Is it actual flames, or those spark effects that you see on gameshows like the X Factor?
Flames ;)

dreamdisney

But this effect just for the Event press :(

http://radiodisneyclub.fr/actualite/dis ... u-chateau/

DopeyDad

I don't think there have been any press events yet!
Those effects, I think, are part of the show testing so are part of the regular show.