Disney Dreams! — Nighttime Spectacular

Started by Festival Disney, April 14, 2011, 01:54:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DopeyDad

The second photo, are they flame?

Lorum

Quote from: "DopeyDad"The second photo, are they flame?

It seems what I explained in my last post.

The brown fountains have laminar flow jets. In short, laminar flow is used on the Alice's Curious Labyrinth and it is also used in WoC. Laminar flow means that every water particle in the jet travels at the same velocity, so the light of the LEDs can rebound inside and illuminate it.

This is a photo of the WoC platform.

In the image, we see most of the fountains are laminar flow jets. So we have our small piece of WoC :D. Some fountains have to motors that make that 360º movements, others are static. We only have static, but it's fine! Notice that small groups of moving fountains are supplied with the same pump, and the static ones have its own smaller pump. So I think that the brown fountains can reach at least the castle's half-height.

The bronze jets seem to be the ones we see in red in the 3D model. And I think they have a small air-compressed tank and a pump connected to the base of the fountains tube. Probably, they are taller than the brown fountains.
"If you can dream it, you can do it"

Josh

Quote from: "Lorum"The brown fountains have laminar flow jets. In short, laminar flow is used on the Alice's Curious Labyrinth and it is also used in WoC. Laminar flow means that every water particle in the jet travels at the same velocity, so the light of the LEDs can rebound inside and illuminate it.
Oh. That's the really smooth water, isn't it?

Also, I'm sure there's loads more fountains still to be delivered.
Disneyland Paris
    [li]January 2000, 2012[/li]
    [li]April 2012[/li]
    [li]August 2009, 2011, 2013[/li]
    [li]New Year 1997-98, 1998-99, 2001-02, 2002-03, 2003-04, 2004-05, 2005-06, 2006-07[/li]
Walt Disney World
    [li]August 2008[/li]

Lorum

Quote from: "Meph"Oh. That's the really smooth water, isn't it?

Exactly.

Quote from: "Meph"Also, I'm sure there's loads more fountains still to be delivered.

I'm not so optimistic. I think the entire group of fountains have already arrived, and that group is already in the small lakes. I hope I'm wrong, but I'm not waiting for something else. I think this is more that anyone could ever expect.

Josh

By the way, does anyone think this makes us less likely to have a WoC in the WDSP in the distant future? Two fountain shows where one would be bigger than the other doesn't seem very appealing (on one side of the fence, at least).

Fantasmic is still an option, though. Or maybe a show like at Disneysea with show stages on decorated barges.
Disneyland Paris
    [li]April 2012[/li]
    [li]New Year 1997-98, 1998-99, 2001-02, 2002-03, 2003-04, 2004-05, 2005-06, 2006-07[/li]
Walt Disney World
    [li]August 2008[/li]

peter

I don't know whether that would really be an issue. After all, adding a lake in the studios seems like it may still happen, so perhaps WoC, with fantasmic mixed in?

wishuponastar

i think Fantasmic would be great for the studios... If they ever expand that is. In my mind, they should extend Hollywood Blvd to a marina/waterfront area similar to TDS but dressed as a film set.

Speaking of that, F! just started playing on shuffle

Scissorsboi

I think as long as you keep the character aspect of Fantasmic there the two shows would be considered different enough (projections  vs live actors). However, what's to say that Studios won't get a whole new show, which hasn't been seen anywhere else in the World, the fountains and fireworks aspect definately does make Fantasmic a less obvious installation in the future.

Speaking of live actors in the show, wasn't it rumoured that there'd be one in Dreams? If Peter is our main character, could we be seeing a return of zipline Tinkerbell?
"...keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things" - Walt.

DopeyDad

InsideDLParis have posted a few more pictures re. Dreams, including odd little devices on the castle which I guess produce some kind of screen maybe?

fireworks,

plus a look at the new hub

peter

Ooh nice and big and open!

Also, I remember zipline tinkerbell. Good times.

15MagicalYears

Those fireworks sure look promising!
Surely now that WDI are fully involved in the creation of the show they will have greater sources for new technology than DLPs own Entertainment department. And perhaps more impressive, quiet fireworks are lined up with this new technology.

coruscantpt

Well, it looks like something will be done to the castle for Dreams. Rumours said that it will have a star on the top window. And today, the gold adornment on that top window is missing...

//https://twitter.com/#!/InsideDLParis/status/160289701075501056/photo/1

(@InsideDLParis)

Apparently, the star will be behind the glass stained window and it has been installed.
DLP - July 1994 / March 2002 / August 2007 / December 2010 / 2011 - Anual Passholder \":P\"

WDW - May 2006 / May 2008 / August 2009

GrantR

Everyone's so surprised by the star despite @InsideDLParis mentioning it ages ago! :p I'm so glad that the feature is internal. Could you imagine if the "huge LED star" sat unhidden on the castle? I was scared of that! :p

Josh

They will put the gold adornment back, right? :(
Disneyland Paris
    [li]April 2012[/li]
Walt Disney World
    [li]August 2008[/li]

Lorum

I think those devices are for sparkling wheels.