Wreck-It Ralph (Disney 2012)

Started by Anthony, April 07, 2011, 03:30:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anthony

QuoteDisney Animation's 'Wreck-It Ralph' Will Feature 'Roger Rabbit' Style Cameos From Classic Nintendo, Atari and Sega Video Game Characters

Disney Animation's computer animated feature film Wreck-It Ralph follows Ralph (voiced by John C. Reilly), a bad guy from a Donkey Kong meets Rampage inspired 1980?s arcade game Fix It Felix Jr. The story is set inside the world of video games. Fix It Felix Jr. is one of the remaining classic arcade machines in the back corner of an arcade. When the arcade closes, the characters in the games connect and interact between the worlds of the different machines. Ralph realizes that he no longer wants to be a bad guy, and adventures into other games in effort to become the hero.

This connected world allows the movie to feature interactions between some of your favorite classic video game characters, Roger Rabbit-style. Footage screened at CinemaCon has confirmed appearances from classic video game characters from Nintendo, Midway Games, Sega and more.
Details: http://www.slashfilm.com/disney-animati ... haracters/

dagobert

I'm still not sure what to think about that movie, but I hope the Disney advertising department does a better job for promoting the movie than they did for John Carter.

-breeno-

Trailer is up.

[youtube:3ivocp5u]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GHDQHVkYq4g[/youtube:3ivocp5u]

As a huge gamer myself I'm pretty surprised by this, namely as Disney got permission to use the image of Bowser, Dr. Eggman, Bison and one of the Pac-Man ghosts.
"You\'re dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway."
- Walt Disney

DisneyMagic Live Chat - Just click to join!

Thaliel

Quote from: "-breeno-"As a huge gamer myself I'm pretty surprised by this, namely as Disney got permission to use the image of Bowser, Dr. Eggman, Bison and one of the Pac-Man ghosts.

Me too. Though I think big names like Nintendo and Sega will go "O RLY?! F... yeah!" if Disney called and asked for allowance to use their licensed characters, what would be a a better help to sell (classic) games like Mario or Sonic then a big crossover Disney-movie. The oldschool game geeks will wet their pants when seeing old friends (and foes) and the kids will go like "Mommy, what's Pac Man?" and then go online to download the game.
<-Plz click

Rocketeer

New trailer has been released (only on Yahoo Movies for now)

http://movies.yahoo.com/family/#wreck

"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." - Walt Disney

DisneyManiac

I am confused why Disney has suddenly made a film about an arcade game, not meaning to be rude, but it's just out of the blue! Apart from that.... I want to watch it!!!

Thaliel

why? simply because no one has  done it before. I am so looking forward to it, hope that Madagaskar 3 will help me through the waiting time ^.^
<-Plz click

DisneyManiac

True I guess! Got a lot of cameos!

orsie

Why Disney, why? I am so desperate to see this film but it doesn't come out till feburary next year for us british! Oh no! Mind you, hopefully Frankenweenie will fuel my need for Disney. Plus at christmas i'll probably get some disney blu-rays. And Phineas and Ferb is on CITV at weekends so i'll probably just about make it.
Previous Disney Trips

DLRP 2007 Sequoia Lodge (15th Anniversary)
DLRP 2008 Sequoia Lodge (15th Anniversary Extended)
DLRP 2009 Sequoia Lodge (Mickey\'s Magical Party)
DLRP 2011 Sequoia Lodge (Magical Moments Festival)
DLRP 2012 Sequoia Lodge (20th Anniversary)
DLRP 2013 Sequoia Lodge (20th Anniversary Extended)

DisneyDonna

Really looking forward to it! I wasn't expecting much at first, tbh I didn't really like the whole concept. But after reading som any amazing reviews on IMDB I can't wait to see it. Someone even said it was better than Toy Story and it could be regarded as a Disney Classic.

DisneyManiac

The arcade's starting to close its doors! Wreck-It Ralph has started to take over my local Showcase Cinema! A cardboard poster reads: When the arcade closes, the fun begins! Can not wait!!!

never2old

Some Wreck it Ralph merchandise in DLP last week:

DisneyManiac

Quote from: "never2old"Some Wreck it Ralph merchandise in DLP last week:

Oh Shoot! Get it in the Disney Stores! Forget TS (for now!) This is the next best thing!  :D/

BigDisneyFn

can't waite to see this movie :D

perrollaz

Was at DLRP, bought that tshirt with Ralph on it (as shown in the pictures in the post above) and went watching the movie afterwards. Means I was already equiped with merchandise before I had seen the movie :-D I can say they the kids watching the movie too have been really impressed about my tshirt ;-)
I liked the movie much, and for sure there is a ton of fun in it if you are an old school gamer as I am.