Stitch Live!

Started by Anthony, October 07, 2006, 04:53:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anthony

Stitch Live!
at Walt Disney Television Studios
Confirmed for 2008, probable opening 22nd March 2008
Soft openings in the fortnight before

Using a similar concept to 'Stitch Encounter' at Hong Kong Disneyland, guests can interact live with Stitch on a giant screen, using a live voice artists and state of the art real-time computer animation.

The attraction replaces the TV Production Tour at Walt Disney Television Studios, using the same queue and pre-show room with the actual performance theatre and giant screen housed in the central production stage, formerly featuring an 'Art Attack' theme. The interactive post-show of Disney Channel-themed games is expected to return. Hinted in the official 2008 holiday brochure, it is now confirmed that the "story" of the attraction will indeed see guests enter Disney Channel Studios to interview Stitch via a live satellite link-up with outer space.

» Project tracker at WDSfans
» Construction album at Photos Magiques
» Stitch Encounter at DLRP Magic
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Original post by Butlin Boy:

QuoteStitch attraction with the WDS!
According to an internal source of the direction of Disney Euro, a new attraction should be born in collaboration with Disney Channel: Stitch Encounter.

For a budget of 5 million euros, attraction should be born in one of the abandoned studios of the building Disney Channel. The concept would be obviously the same one as in HongKong but in a little more reduced.
LINK

There's a bit more info at Disneytheque (Sorry about the translator!)

QuoteOctober 2, 2006
It was known that 2007 would be the year of 3 new attractions in the park but this week, new bounce! One the 4th attraction received the green light and will be located at Production Courtyard, précisemment in the building of Disney Channel: it is about Stitch Encounter. Opened this summer in HongKong Disneyland, Stitch Encounter is an animation identical to Turtle Talk with Crush, where the visitors can dialogue on line with Stitch. For the moment, its launching is scheduled for November 2007 and should logically occupy the old plate sheltering Zapping Zone. The Redhead on Disney Central Plaza gives some precise details on the show. It will be held 4 times per hour and in 3 different languages (French, English and Spanish).

There is no doubt that this animation considerably will reinforce the interest for this "pseudo-attraction" where one could not better hope like addition and with the sight of success which this type of animation gains.
http://www.disneytheque.com/index.php?/ ... udios.html

Anthony

I just saw this at Disneytheque!! Wow!!

It doesn't fit in Production Courtyard / Hollywood Studio, but they have a brilliant languages plan there, and... wow!

I've never been more happy that they're doing everything possible to improve WDS, it's like they've got a checklist of "things to improve" and they're ticking one off each week! :)

Dlrpfan

LOL there is always smething different

anyway i think this attraction will be great for drawing n customers because nearly every1 loves STICH!
Dan
Remember Dreams Come True! \":mickey2:\"

[size=100]\'We Keep Moving Forward\' [/i][/size] - Walt Disney

Disneyland Resort - 2007 2010
Walt Disney World - 2001 2003 2005 2006 2008 2009 2011 2012/2013
Disneyland Paris - 1998 1999 2000 2001 2002 2004 2005 2007
Disney Cruise Line - Disney Wonder: 2008 2009 Disney Dream: 2011 Disney Fantasy: 2012

RnRCj

WOW! I've just had a sudden burst of excitement! I feel like jumping around the room cheering  :P

Miss Tinkerbell

l hope this is true!!! l'd love a stitch based attraction thingie

Sam

Am I the only one who doens't like Stitch.
It's nice that they are willing to improve the worst attraction in the park, but this is not how I would do it. :?

Nala_84

Hey, sounds very good! I'm still asking myself what there could be special with the Disney Channel Building  :-k So they're really on a great way to improve the Studios!

Although I must confess that I haven't really understood the function of this new Stitch-attraction  :oops:
[size=85]1992 - Disneyland Paris - 1-day-trip
2000 - Disneyland Paris - Santa Fe
2004 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Cheyenne
2005 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Santa Fe
2007 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Newport BayClub
2008 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Sequoia Lodge
2009 - Walt Disney World
[/size]

Anthony

Quote from: "Nala_84"Although I must confess that I haven't really understood the function of this new Stitch-attraction  :oops:
This video of the Crush version makes it much clearer what goes on:
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... 8526801486

Basically, you're in a room looking at a giant screen showing a real-time animated CGI Stitch, and the "host" gets audience members to ask questions, shout things out and so on... and then Stitch responds and makes actions accordingly, controlled by a CM somewhere backstage.  It's got the "wow" factor because of the seamlessness of how it all seems to work, as if the character is really there...

This is what happens in the HKDL version:

Quote from: "Wikipedia"Guests are invited to visit Space Traffic Control for a tour. Space Traffic Control (or STC) is the nerve center for this quadrant of the galaxy and where all space traffic is closely monitored. The tour goes as planned until the host is interrupted by Stitch, a fluffy blue mischievous alien known also as "Experiment Number 626" in a "borrowed" space ship. Stitch interacts in real time with the guests, plays games with the kids and even teaches everyone how to speak Hawaiian. Ultimately, Stitch's nemesis, Gantu shows up and wants his ship back. It is up to the guests in the audience to help Stitch escape! The show is a combination of action and comedy, and never the same show twice.

Maarten

According to "soundtracker" at MiceChat:

"I've just spoken to my friend who works with the DLRP Imagineering Dpt., and he's confirmed that this is going ahead. The "interactive" Art Attack studio is to be gutted next year and replaced with Stitch Encounter."

Art Attack.. does this include CyberSpace Mountain aswell? Its the only thing I would like them to save. Or am I wrong with this? Maybe someone can explain what Art Attack exactly contains.

I'm really excited about this attraction. I would not go to Paris especially to see it, but it seems like a great small addition. I don't really care about the wrong placement. Ofcourse I can comment about the fact that Crush would fit better then Stitch and that it could be placed at Toon Studio, but I don't bother to be honest. Stitch Encounter really has the wow-factor if I may believe the reports, so that can only be a positive thing at the Walt Disney Studios.

Just one thing came in mind; imagine its June 2008 and Stitch Encouter is open for about half a year. At the very same time Lilo & Stitch Cath the Wave Party is performed at the Procution Courtyard Stage (just imagine, maybe the show is already replaced by then), how are they going to explain the fact that you can talk live to Stitch at the Television Studio, while when people leave the building they see he is at the Catch the Wave Party show. It doesn't seem like a big deal, but I compare it to seeing two Mickey's at the same time. Thats simply impossibly at the world of Disney. The only reason to avoid this is replacing Catch the Wave Party with a new non-Stitch show.  :wink:

Anthony

Thanks for the news, this is actually going to be something to really look forward to!

And don't worry - the Art Attack stage is separate to CyberSpace.  In the second room of the "tour", it's the stage you look out onto through the one-way glass.  It's where they used to film Zapping Zone.

Here's a plan I quickly did:

I did it from memory so I don't know how accurate it is.  The white areas of the building are outside but covered, the light grey are indoors and part of the "tour", the dark grey are backstage studio areas.  Hope that helps. :wink:

Kristof

In my opinion, if they keep the Disney Channel idea behind the whole building, then there isn't such thing as a wrong placement for this attraction.

Poppy The Monkey

Quote from: "Maarten"Just one thing came in mind; imagine its June 2008 and Stitch Encouter is open for about half a year. At the very same time Lilo & Stitch Cath the Wave Party is performed at the Procution Courtyard Stage (just imagine, maybe the show is already replaced by then), how are they going to explain the fact that you can talk live to Stitch at the Television Studio, while when people leave the building they see he is at the Catch the Wave Party show. It doesn't seem like a big deal, but I compare it to seeing two Mickey's at the same time. Thats simply impossibly at the world of Disney. The only reason to avoid this is replacing Catch the Wave Party with a new non-Stitch show.  :wink:

This used to be a problem with Animagique as Mickey has just left the stage in his normal clothes, and as soon as the audience left the theatre they saw Mickey at his old carvan location in his totally different studio clothes, this within 30 seconds.

People will just put it down to Disney Magic.  :)

Maarten

I found some information about Stitch Encounter at Hong Kong Disneyland, according to TDLFAN at Micechat. Beware for spoilers!

QuoteThe theater set itself is better decorated than Crush's theater at the Living Seas, which this show mimics in format. Here however... the element of interactivity goes one step further. The show plot revolves around Stitch stealing an intergalatic cruiser and going for a joy ride in space. We catch up with him and the interview format begins... similar to Talk with Crush. Stitch picks out guests from the audience and asks questions... sometimes proposes to some lovely gal in the audience, or mistakes a guest for one of his former prison mates in space. This is where the interactivity goes one step further than Talk with Cruch. At times... we see Stitch pull a camera and take a picture of any particular guest in the audience. Then we get to see the picture on the stage, when Stitch shows it to us. Beware of that if you are camera shy but still would like to see this show. Later on, we even help Stitch find his way to his own spaceship when the Space patrol is up to catching him for his mischevious behavior.

And according to Katsmom at Micechat Lilo sometimes joins the show too. It seems like a great small addition to our Studios don't you think?!  8)

Anthony

Wow, that sounds brilliant!

And so perfectly suited to the TV Studios too - it won't be hard to explain it as some kind of "live satellite link-up" interview with Stitch in outer space. :D

Kristof

TDLfan has a few photos from the attraction here!