New wallpaper at the Disneyland Hotel

Started by pussinboots, November 06, 2010, 02:37:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pussinboots

I'm probably the only person alive who could possibly care about this, but when did the Disneyland Hotel get new wallpaper in the corridors? Did they change anything else?
Old:

New:

Hm, hotlinking appears to be a problem. Here they are:
http://images-squish.net/images/VDR/44763.JPG
http://images-squish.net/images/VDR/44762.JPG

Festival Disney

Here's the images, i think you had the wrong link to them...

hmmm, well it's definatley the same bit of corridor. I don't think it's a bad thing, a nice bit of gold and floral texture looks nice and adds a bit of warmth. If the paper before was the 1992 paper, then it's no suprise it needed a change  :)
Past trips:
Nov 1997 - SF - 3 days
May 2003 - WDW
Aug 2009 - Off site - 4 days
Jul 2010 -  Disneyland Park - 1 day
Dec 2010, Jul 2011  - Ibis Val d'Europe - 6 days, 4 days
Apr 2012 - HNY - 4 days
Dec 2013  - NPBC - 4 days
Jul 2013 - SL - 5 day

RiverRogue

Quote from: "pussinboots"Did they change anything else?

They added a display shelf for collectibles across from the hotel's boutique, I'm not sure if anything else was replaced by this.

dagobert

I think the new wallpaper doesn't look bad, but I don't like the red curtain and the princess snowglobe. It looks too cheap.

It seems that Disney tries to plus all hotels.

pussinboots

They do have a newfound hobby in dressing up this bit of corridor for every season, but it's never quite hit the lows of the other hotels. Somehow the Disneyland Hotel appears to be immune to all the misguided decisions that hit the rest of the resort. Even maintenance is consistently timely.

I like the new wallpaper too. It's not quite as authentically Victorian as the old paper — the damask isn't nearly frilly enough for Victorian tastes — but the hotel has always been on the fantastical side of that theme. So yes, it's nice. I wonder if it's a custom design. (Most of the historical wallpaper at Disney worldwide comes from a company called Bradbury & Bradbury.)

Timbo

It is not bad , but think I preferred the old paper ; the new one is a bit frilly for me !! I think this must be a custom design as it has some " Hidden Mickeys " in it !!!

torillien

It looks much better in the *flesh* so to speak than in the picture ..  the red curtains don't look anywhere near as red  :)
Self confessed Eeyore nut, IT Geek, IBM Champion, and Disney addict
WDW - Feb 2013 - Pirates at the Caribbean Beach

DLP - March 2012 - Disneyland Hotel, WDW - January 2012 - Swan Restort, DLP - June 2011 - Sequoia Lodge, WDW - January 2011 - Dolphin, DLP - November 2010 - Sequoia Lodge

CafeFantasia

So those red curtains going to the hallways are temporary Christmas decorations, right? They're not there all year round?

LittleMonster

I think it looks nice.

CafeFantasia

Have they changed the wallpaper in the rooms too? This wallpaper is different. It looks like bare plaster. Is this a new style that they're changing all the rooms to? I hope not.

Adam

Yep, that is new wallpaper too. Nice to see that they are making the investment. To be honest, the rooms really only need new wallpaper and a bit of a paint.

pussinboots

It looks like a very washed out damask? Is the frieze gone as well? (Which would seem inconsistent with their work elsewhere...)

Trendy Bambi

Quote from: "Alan"Have they changed the wallpaper in the rooms too? This wallpaper is different. It looks like bare plaster. Is this a new style that they're changing all the rooms to? I hope not.

Actually, it is a Castle Club room. Its wallpaper is different than the one in the standard rooms.
Brand new: Disney Catwalk

Find out how Disney and fashion blend perfectly!

CafeFantasia

Oh right, so that's a Castle Club room. Good :-) So all of the regular rooms still have that nice crisp stripy wallpaper?

Maybe it's just the photo, but that new wallpaper really seems to clash with the colour of the TV cupboard. If the TV cupboard was painted white, the same colour as the woodwork and doors, the wallpaper wouldn't look so bad.

Trendy Bambi

Quote from: "Alan"So all of the regular rooms still have that nice crisp stripy wallpaper?

No. This wallpaper also exists but I don't know exactly in which rooms it is...
//http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_xyKFBmRI_RQ/SWn2i5fyvgI/AAAAAAAADUU/DmelJtmRprQ/s1600-h/W-chambre-Armoire.jpg
Two years ago, I had the room n°1108 who has this wallpaper, though, I didn't stay in a room with this wallpaper anymore.
We cannot see it on the photo I found, but Mickey, Minnie, Donald and Goofy are on the wallpaper!
Brand new: Disney Catwalk

Find out how Disney and fashion blend perfectly!