Disneyland Paris iPhone and Android App

Started by Anthony, November 03, 2010, 05:24:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anthony

No, seriously!

The rumours and leaked screenshots were true and real. An official Disneyland Paris iPhone app has just launched today and it's actually quite fantastic. Download & info: http://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/disneyla ... 08589?mt=8

QuoteDiscover Disneyland® Paris (its two parks, its hotels and Disney® Village), plan your stay, and once you are on site optimize your visit by using the interactive map, increased reality, the waiting time at the attractions and parade and show times that appear on your phone in real time.

To discover Disneyland ®Paris, the application offers you:
-   The description of each park, of its attractions, shows, parades, restaurants, stores and services (ATMs, restrooms, etc)
-   A multitude of advice to be well-organized once you are on site, with preferred itineraries according to your tastes (strong sensations, family adventure for example)
-   The latest news (attractions or seasons) with video trailers
-    The presentation of our hotels, of our different park admission tickets and show tickets, with the possibility of reserving directly through our central reservations office.

Once you are on site, the application helps you organize your visit in our parks by using, in particular:
-    The interactive card: it allows you to highlight all the points of interest, such as shows, parades, restaurants, stores and services (ATMs, restrooms, etc) and to be geo-localized to make it easier to find your way around the parks.
-    A search motor: symbolized by a magnifying glass on the map, it allows you to select the points of interest by criteria, be it the type of attractions (strong sensations, for little ones, etc) or even the specialties or prices of the restaurants.
-    Increased reality: symbolized by the symbol 3D (for the 3GS and 4 iPhones), it allows you to see the parks through the iPhone's camera and to position the points of interest directly
-    Park hours, attractions, shows and attraction waiting times are given when you are geo-localized in one of the parks.
-    The schedule: it allows you to group together the attractions you do not wish to miss. A warning system is put into place and gives you the time of the shows you have reserved.

This application is rich in content. We recommend you to download it via Wi-FI connection or to use your iTunes from a computer.
The application is free. A wireless mobile connection is require to use it inside the Disney parks. Please consult the rates and fees of your operator before to use it.

loladelorean

OMG just in time for our trip! Thanks so much for posting about this, I'm off to get it right now and I'll add an opinion once I've played around with it, but it looks great.
Disney Visits
Oct 94 Cheyenne - Oct 00 WDW - April 03 WDW - Sept 06 DLP Day Trip - Sept 09 HNY - Nov 10 HNY - June 11 Sequoia Lodge- June 12 Sequoia Lodge - Sept 12 Cheyenne- Nov 12 Radisson - June 13 Dream Castle - Nov 14 HNY -
Feb 15 Dream Castle - Sept 15 Tokyo Disney Resort, Sheraton - Oct 15 DLP Day trip - Feb 16 Cheyenne - March 17 Newport Bay - Jan 18 Sequoia Lodge, Aug 18 daytrip

Upcoming: DLH Nov 18 - Hong Kong Disneyland, Explorers Lodge, March 19

dagobert

Hopefully there will be an app for Android cellphones as well in the future.

loladelorean

OK, so far say that I am very very impressed! Firstly, its FREE :cool1:
The attraction guide is excellent, now if only the brochure looked more like this! Better photo galleries than they have on their website, especially for the hotels.
The big thing I'm excited about is a section to use whilst IN the parks, keeping you up to date with daily showtimes and live wait times for attractions! There is also an Agenda section where you can add restaurants, attractions etc into your itinerary as you go along. Great for a planner like me.
I'll be trying this out in a few days and I'll let you all know how it is. My only concern is the roaming costs of using an app like this abroad, think I'll phone Orange and ask about that.
It also seems you can use Augmented Reality within the parks, I've heard of this but never used it on my phone before so can't wait to try it.
Wow this is perfect timing for my trip, everyone with an iPhone should get it right now, it's wonderful. 10/10 Disney!
Disney Visits
Oct 94 Cheyenne - Oct 00 WDW - April 03 WDW - Sept 06 DLP Day Trip - Sept 09 HNY - Nov 10 HNY - June 11 Sequoia Lodge- June 12 Sequoia Lodge - Sept 12 Cheyenne- Nov 12 Radisson - June 13 Dream Castle - Nov 14 HNY -
Feb 15 Dream Castle - Sept 15 Tokyo Disney Resort, Sheraton - Oct 15 DLP Day trip - Feb 16 Cheyenne - March 17 Newport Bay - Jan 18 Sequoia Lodge, Aug 18 daytrip

lorrig

Are there any free wifi spots within the resort? Otherwise its going to be extremely expensive to use when you are there!
Anybody know?

Terkina

I will never use this app because of the cost.  There is no free Wi-Fi connection in the parks.
Disneyland 1981, 1986
Walt Disney World 1986, 1990
Disneyland Paris 1995, 2011

loladelorean

I just phoned Orange and apparently when I'm in Europe it costs £3 per megabyte, which he advised is roughly 60 emails or 90 web pages.
Does anyone know how many megabytes it will be running this app?? I'm hopeless with things like that.
Disney Visits

DedicatedToDLP(Steve)

I've done a video tour of the app for those who haven't got an iPhone/iPod/iPad or just haven't downloaded it yet: //http://dedicatedtodlp.wordpress.com/2010/11/03/video-tour-of-the-new-disneyland-paris-iphone-app/

Be gentle, it's the first time I''ve done a video like this!
Dedicated to DLP - Celebrating Disneyland Paris

Hotel Santa Fe 07/05, 11/11 and 05/12
Hotel Cheyenne 07/02, 11/02, 07/04, 12/05, 07/06, 10/06, 10/07 and 09/10
Sequoia Lodge 12/03 - Honeymoon Suite
Hotel New York 11/12
Off Site 05/13

Anthony

Quote from: "loladelorean"Does anyone know how many megabytes it will be running this app?? I'm hopeless with things like that.
I'm not sure how much of the information and graphics are contained within the app or downloaded each time you use it, but I'd still strongly advise against anyone on a UK tariff using this whilst over there. It will get very expensive.

It's understandable why they don't want you to see queue times from home (120mins for Parachute Drop doesn't exactly sell the place), but still hope they find a solution to this so that you can access times and info on your mobile without using mobile data. I still think a few select wifi hotspots, at least to begin with, would be a good idea in the parks. Not proper wifi hotspots, just ones which give access only to disneylandparis.com or these apps.

Btw - whether the app appears on Android might just be down to Disneyland Paris deciding it's worthwhile and paying for the conversion. From the credits in the app it looks to have been designed or at least helped along by PureAgency, who do list - "iPhone, Android, BlackBerry, Windows..". So it's possible at least.

I've had another play through the app and it really is fantastic for a first effort. And unlike that official "Mobile Magic" app for the US parks, which costs something stupid like $9.99 for 180 days, it's completely free!  =D>

Quote from: "PirateSteve"I've done a video tour of the app for those who haven't got an iPhone/iPod/iPad or just haven't downloaded it yet: //http://dedicatedtodlp.wordpress.com/2010/11/03/video-tour-of-the-new-disneyland-paris-iphone-app/
Great point in there about the information (dates, times) being much easier to find in the app than on the actual website!

svenneke1

But the iPod touch has only got wi-fi and bluetooth, so I hope there are going to be free hotspots around the parks because an iPod Touch hasn't got 3G or mobile connection. Can you acces the app wothout using the Internet? For example look on the park maps and so on.

Anthony

Quote from: "svenneke1"Can you acces the app wothout using the Internet? For example look on the park maps and so on.
Just tried it in Airplane Mode and everything is there except for the live information like park opening hours, whether restaurants are open or not. So if you're on iPod Touch or worried about data charges you can switch data off and use it fine... although it might only be moderately more useful than - what were they called - park maps? So yesterday! ;)

Although hey, this also includes Shops! It's been almost 10 years since DLP stopped putting those on maps.

svenneke1

Quote from: "Anthony"
Quote from: "svenneke1"Can you acces the app wothout using the Internet? For example look on the park maps and so on.
Just tried it in Airplane Mode and everything is there except for the live information like park opening hours, whether restaurants are open or not. So if you're on iPod Touch or worried about data charges you can switch data off and use it fine... although it might only be moderately more useful than - what were they called - park maps? So yesterday! ;)

Although hey, this also includes Shops! It's been almost 10 years since DLP stopped putting those on maps.

I hope they put hotspots in the park, otherwise it's just like the normal park maps...

MagicSamParis

The App has been designed & built by //http://PureAgency.com, a large provider of apps for major brands in Europe. I hope they plan to launch soon an Androïd Version.

Nicholas-c

Only tried it on my iPad which doesn't really do an app of that resolution justice. If i can steal an iPhone i will give it a play.

http://news.disneylandparis.co.uk/events/iphone.xhtml

[youtube:3ff0gf53]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mxGN31lMrFI&feature=player_embedded[/youtube:3ff0gf53]
QuoteDiscover Disneyland® Paris (its two parks, its hotels and Disney® Village), plan your stay, and once you are on site optimize your visit by using the interactive map, and augmented reality. View wait times** for attractions as well as the parade and show times that appear on your phone in real time.
To discover Disneyland® Paris, the application offers you:
The description of each park, its attractions, shows, parades, restaurants, stores and services (ATMs, restrooms, etc).
A multitude of advice to be well-organized once you are on site, with preferred itineraries according to your tastes (for example strong sensations, family adventure)
The latest news (attractions or seasons) with video trailers.
The presentation of the hotels, the different park admission tickets and show tickets, with the possibility of reserving directly through our central reservations office.
Once you are on site, the application helps you organize your visit in the parks by using, in particular:
The interactive map: allows you to highlight all the points of interest, such as shows, parades, restaurants, stores and services (ATMs, restrooms, etc) whilst in the Park and  make it easier to find your way around.
A search engine: symbolized by a magnifying glass on the map, it allows you to select the points of interest by criteria, be it the type of attractions (strong sensations, for little ones, etc) or even the specialties or prices of the restaurants.
Augmented reality: symbolized by the symbol 3D (for the 3GS and iPhone 4), it allows you to see the parks through the iPhone's camera and to position the points of interest directly
Park hours, attractions, shows and attraction waiting times are given when you are in one of the parks.
The agenda: it allows you to group together the attractions you do not wish to miss. A warning system is put into place and gives you the time of the shows you have reserved.
August 2003, 04, 05, 06, 07 and 08 - With family
Halloween 2008 - Best trip ever
July 2009 - All alone

Soap

And where's the ANDROID version?? Or the WM7??
Not to start a flame war against Apple, but it's just not the only thing around  :?
Especially Android is booming at the moment....
"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." Walt Disney