Doc Wassell wagon added to Last Chance Cafe

Started by luke85, January 19, 2010, 09:01:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RiverRogue

Quote from: "Anthony"Is there a team that gets to move from one project to the next, having a general budget to make fun things like this, or did a manager specifically say "we need a new prop for this spot..."?

Generally, it's the latter. You need a good reason to get a budget. In this particular case, I gather that it was simply part of the Last Chance Cafe expansion... The Paris Imagineers must have figured it out as a relatively inexpensive way to add to the area, as it's not an entirely new prop. I don't know if it's as old as the park, but it has been moving around Frontierland for a number of years now. I believe that it used to be near Thunder Mesa Mercantile; most recently it was located next to the Keelboats' entrance. What is new is the painted-on typography.

As for the Constellations add-ons, I hear that there are a few Visionarium references hidden in the graphics...

CentralPlazaPerson

QuoteGenerally, it's the latter. You need a good reason to get a budget. In this particular case, I gather that it was simply part of the Last Chance Cafe expansion... The Paris Imagineers must have figured it out as a relatively inexpensive way to add to the area, as it's not an entirely new prop. I don't know if it's as old as the park, but it has been moving around Frontierland for a number of years now. I believe that it used to be near Thunder Mesa Mercantile; most recently it was located next to the Keelboats' entrance. What is new is the painted-on typography.

As for the Constellations add-ons, I hear that there are a few Visionarium references hidden in the graphics...

Very interesting post RiverRogue.. I certainly haven't seen it around but I don't normally go around the River Rouge Kneelboats area.. only to go on them or go to charapell theater. Also very ironic that your username is also River Rogue :lol: Welcome to the forum btw!  :)

pussinboots

Ha! I noticed a boo-boo. It says "travelling apothecary," but that spelling of the word "travelling" has not at all been common in America since "traveling" was institutionalized by Noah Webster somewhere in the early nineteenth century. I find this unacceptable, and I'm sure you will all agree.

skalos

Maybe "Doc Wassell" was English, or had English roots! lol

Anthony

Yes, he is a travelling apothecary.

I expect there's some massively intricate backstory all typed up for this.

Maybe he just liked things spelt correctly.

pussinboots

Clever... And you're probably right. Remember that six-page backstory for that weiner cart in Disney's California Adventure?

I just figured Euro Disneyland Imagineering would be full of Brits.