Disneyland commercial only on private TV?

Started by Parkfisch, July 04, 2008, 09:41:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Parkfisch

I'm from Austria and when I watch German (private) TV, I cannot watch their commercials, because there are Austrian spots. Whenever there's Disneyland, it doesn't reach my eyes. But on (more expensive for commercials) ARD / ZDF we can see the German commercial and now there's a new spot about the Theme Park "Efteling" (Netherlands). Hasn't Disney got enough money to show their spots there? It would not only be better, because of the missing Austrian and Swiss people (who cannot see German commercial too), even in Germany it would be better, because, everyone who's got Television, can watch ARD and ZDF (unlike the private RTL, Pro 7, Sat 1....), so why not Disneyland commercial too and not only Efteling?
The second bad thing: Efteling has a good spot where you can see lots of attractions (roller coasters, rafting..) and theming in general. It really looks interesting. If there's a Disneyland commercial, it's mostly without any rides, you can just watch jumping mice and smiling ducks and maybe parades.
When my mother recommended Disneyland Resort Paris to a man at her working place to go there with his 3 children, he answered. "Oh, I think my oldest daughter is too old for Disneyland now, she's already 14".
And that's the result for bad (or missing) commercial.
I met many people who did not even know that there are any rides, independing if they are interesting for adults or only for children.

I was told that there is also commercial for German Parks in Dutch Television and of course they are showing their rides.

kirstenoel

I agree - the new adverts aren't really that good. They appeal to just a very very young audience, or families with very young children! They need to start advertising rides again!

This would make anyone want to go!!!
[youtube:26x0spvf]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJwMRzMqlZ4&feature=related[/youtube:26x0spvf]
My Youtube Channel] //http://www.youtube.com/noelkir
My Disney Photos] //http://www.flickr.com/kirstenoel
?? A Wimba Way A Wimba Way ??

Kristof

QuoteHasn't Disney got enough money to show their spots there?

Yes, that's it!  :lol:

No it's the marketing office that your local office hires that decides were the commercials are shown.  They usually have deals with the television chains.

EDDY

Personally, I would love to see an DIsneyland advert at Pro7 or some other channel.
But I Haven't seen anyone, of course the short one with Barbara Meier (I think it was only shown 3-4 weeks or so..)   :(

The only German Ads I've seen so far for MMP are on my new Pinocchio DVD :P

@DLP PLEASE GIVE US ADVERTS IN GERMANYYYYY =)
---> that would be a reason to watch the commercials ^^
[size=80]1997 - July (my first visit ever!!! =) DLP\'s 5th Anniversary
2005 - September
2007 - March
2007 - September
2008 - February
2008 - March - Day Trip to Stitch Live Preview
2008 - May
2008 - September
2009 - February/March
2009 - March - Day trip - St. Davids Day
2009 - August - 18th Anniversary =)
2009 - 2010 - December/January
2010 - May [/size]

//http://www.filmparade-kanal.tk

smurfy74

Just to make you feel worse, we get DLP ads all the time at the moment on loads of channels at loads of different times, not just on the kids channels. I see them everyday.  :D/  :D/

Agent Lex

Not only on the TV, but lots of poster and billboard ads, too. There's a billboard fairly close to where I live with a MMP ad on it, I'll have to grab a photo. It has a pic of a Eurostar train on the Big Thunder track, probably been used before but it made me giggle.

The Butlin Boy

Quote from: "Agent Lex"Not only on the TV, but lots of poster and billboard ads, too. There's a billboard fairly close to where I live with a MMP ad on it, I'll have to grab a photo. It has a pic of a Eurostar train on the Big Thunder track, probably been used before but it made me giggle.

I've seen that one before, I found it very amusing. Please take a photo of it if you get the chance :)