Mad Hatter's Tea Cups Refurbishment

Started by dagobert, April 08, 2010, 04:03:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mommy2ash

i am so glad they have done something with this ride as it was crying out for attention and at first glance it looks amazing. on second glance however i can still see all the dirt ingrained in the paint work of the saucers in the background what a pity. its like they go so far and then think oh well its acceptable
Santa Fe Oct 08
Santa Fe Feb 09
Santa Fe/Sequioa Lodge Nov 09

pussinboots

Some people on Disney Central Plaza aren't satisfied with the rehab, saying the saucers and lanterns in particular aren't looking much better.
Also, a picture of the new multi-colored LED lights they're testing on the roof:
http://disneycentralplaza.englishboard. ... htm#654870

When did the lights on the roof last work? I can't remember seeing them on, but it might just be me.

dagobert

Quote from: "pussinboots"Some people on Disney Central Plaza aren't satisfied with the rehab, saying the saucers and lanterns in particular aren't looking much better.
Also, a picture of the new multi-colored LED lights they're testing on the roof:
http://disneycentralplaza.englishboard. ... htm#654870

When did the lights on the roof last work? I can't remember seeing them on, but it might just be me.

In February the lights on the roof didn't work.

Why didn't Disney do a proper refurbishment of the whole attraction?? It seems that in Paris it is not possible to do a refurbishment in the right way.

montaguewarner

I had no idea they were doing an LED light show for the roof? What a good idea!
Past Visits
DLP - JUN 2005 - Val D\'Europe
DL - APR 2006 - Disneyland Hotel
DLP - AUG 2009 - Val D\'Europe
DLP - JUL 2010 - Val D\'Europe
DLP - JUN 2011 - Val D\'Europe

Martyn

So that picture in that link, was that of only a few bulbs working, or the sequence of lights?

pussinboots

They've only installed that bit so far as a test. There were regular light bulbs before, so this is all new.

montaguewarner

Quote from: "pussinboots"They've only installed that bit so far as a test. There were regular light bulbs before, so this is all new.

So is this just a test or is this defiantly something thats going to be fully installed! If so, Since when? No announcement!
Past Visits
DLP - JUN 2005 - Val D\'Europe
DL - APR 2006 - Disneyland Hotel
DLP - AUG 2009 - Val D\'Europe
DLP - JUL 2010 - Val D\'Europe
DLP - JUN 2011 - Val D\'Europe

pussinboots

They seem to have been installed, just not switched on yet.

The ride looked great, and I'm not sure where all the complaints on Disney Central Plaza came from. Yes, the lanterns haven't been repainted, but they don't look that bad, and the saucers only look a little funny because they're covered in that odd texture that's supposed to keep people from slipping. It's a successful rehab and I can't wait for Dumbo's unveiling.