Where is the MSEP now?

Started by Anthony, January 28, 2006, 02:05:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anthony

I was just looking at an old Disneyland Park map and remembering my first visit, when I suddenly thought - where is the Main Street Electrical Parade now?  We haven't heard anything about it for absolutely aaages!

Did it go to Hong Kong like the rumours suggested?  If so, when will it premiere?

Or is it still in Paris?!  :? Any ideas?

Dlrpfan

Hi
I heard it went to Hong Kong but they might premier it during the Summer

Also did DLRP ever relese a msep xmas c.d?
Dan
Remember Dreams Come True! \":mickey2:\"

[size=100]\'We Keep Moving Forward\' [/i][/size] - Walt Disney

Disneyland Resort - 2007 2010
Walt Disney World - 2001 2003 2005 2006 2008 2009 2011 2012/2013
Disneyland Paris - 1998 1999 2000 2001 2002 2004 2005 2007
Disney Cruise Line - Disney Wonder: 2008 2009 Disney Dream: 2011 Disney Fantasy: 2012

Patrick

I hope it has gone to HKDL that place needs a nighttime parade, but also I heard rumours that DCA got it though it's strange that we don't know, I feel it can't be in Disneyland Resort Paris or if it is then it's been trashed like ImagiNations and some of the Wonderful World of Disney Parade floats :( .

Anthony

Yeah, I thought the most likely option was that it is in Hong Kong but that they're (very very sensibly) waiting a while to premiere it.  I like what they're doing with that park - lining up manageable new attractions to open at well-placed intervals.  (basically the original EuroDisney plan but with a lower budget! lol)

I doubt it would have gone to Disneyland Resort - they've still got their own MSEP.  Walt Disney World could be an option, but is very unlikely.  Tokyo have their own MSEP-ish parade.  Must be Paris, HK or the scrap heap, and as Patrick said - if it's in DLRP then they're keeping it well hidden!

Kristof

Maybe Babybert has an answer to this question.  :idea:  :?:

Kris

There's not enough parks for 4 MSEPs lol. Disneyland made the original version, then WDW kinda copied it... Tokyo created one too and then remade it in the form of Tokyo Disneyland Electrical Parade: Dreamlights. I know Paris bought floats from the first 3 parades and mixed them up, but I doubt there's much demand for the parade anymore. The floats must be getting really old right now and Hong Kong seems to not want to show it just yet. I can't blame them, considering how technology has evolved since  :cry:

It's a great shame that it isn't being used anywhere and just gathering dust... if not feeling sorry for itself in a rusty pile somewhere lol. I don't suppose DLRP could do anything creative with it for the 15th can they? I'm sure it wouldn't ever take Fantillusion's place, but isn't it possible to run it elsewhere? DV would be hilarious!
Grab a balloon, come on let\'s go!