Have you seen a character on a ride?

Started by Bettan, November 27, 2008, 06:15:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Poppy The Monkey

Funny thing happened the other day while I was "Donald Duck's Minder" in the Walt Disney Studios, a guest offered me 500 euros to let Donald Duck ride on Crush's Coaster with his little daughter. Obviously, I politely told him he couldn't ride.

Only face characters are allowed to go on "selected" attractions, if the permission is obtained well in advance through Special Events and normally it is only with a child who is very ill.

Willow

Quote from: "Poppy The Monkey"Funny thing happened the other day while I was "Donald Duck's Minder" in the Walt Disney Studios, a guest offered me 500 euros to let Donald Duck ride on Crush's Coaster with his little daughter. Obviously, I politely told him he couldn't ride.

Only face characters are allowed to go on "selected" attractions, if the permission is obtained well in advance through Special Events and normally it is only with a child who is very ill.

Firstly, you have a great job.  :D

Secondly, I think its a good idea that Characters either Face or whatever should not be on rides constantly, if it became well known about characters on rides guests would be requesting it too much etc.

Thirdly, Crush's Coaster is a fairly dark ride, both in the dark ride part and the coaster part, his daughter wouldn't really be experiencing the ride much.

zanderstarz

Quote from: "Poppy The Monkey"Funny thing happened the other day while I was "Donald Duck's Minder" in the Walt Disney Studios, a guest offered me 500 euros to let Donald Duck ride on Crush's Coaster with his little daughter. Obviously, I politely told him he couldn't ride.

Yes only naughter Face Characters like Captain Jack Sparrow dont obey those rules. He often likes to go on POTC, you should know Poppy, you have been his minder too!  :wink:
~ just like we dreamed it ~