Refurb alarm?

Started by Riebi, September 22, 2008, 10:41:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Riebi

Do you think this refurb at every corner is a "new CEO-Effect" or is it just to get the money out before the fiscal year ends?

I think it´s interesting that we get now everything new. It could be a continuation of the work of Karl Holz but it´s now so hard to oversee cause everything seems to get its refurb.

We read in serval trip reports about new paint at Main Street, cleaned geysers, new flags, fences at the castle courtyard and autopia, a big scaffholding in front of studio 1....

So what do you think?
Wer nämlich mit "H" schreibt ist dämlich.

...the DPG is watching U...

Kristof

Actually the budgets used now for the refurbs are already those from the new fiscal year.  

Though that said, Phillippe Gas said in the latest Backstage magazine that maintaining the "current assets" is very important, so let's hope he'll keep his word.

EDDY

Nice to hear :D

But one thing is a little bit strange for me:

April 2009

Blanche-Neige et les Sept Nains

1st to 3rd= the normal refurb time for an attraction like this...

September 2009

1st to 30th and also the 31st of August ( If it´s true )

--->thats a complete month for such a little attraction... Maybe they make a complete overhaul ? New Animatronics or better scenes ? ( Not just the old hag ? And maybe an authentic Snow White at the End ????)
Anyone heard about ? Or do I think wrong ? But it´s a long time for Blanche Neige more than 2 weeks or ??????? Please tell me a better if Im wrong ;) If not would be great or ?? ^^

PS.:
APRIL 2009

Alice's Curious Labyrinth
22nd to 26th

YIPEEEEEEEE ! :D
[size=80]1997 - July (my first visit ever!!! =) DLP\'s 5th Anniversary
2005 - September
2007 - March
2007 - September
2008 - February
2008 - March - Day Trip to Stitch Live Preview
2008 - May
2008 - September
2009 - February/March
2009 - March - Day trip - St. Davids Day
2009 - August - 18th Anniversary =)
2009 - 2010 - December/January
2010 - May [/size]

//http://www.filmparade-kanal.tk

Masamune

:o I thought Alice's Curious Labyrinth was getting refurbed right now? :lol: It's a good job I'm not going for my birthday next year (April 22nd), as I'd be very disappointed if the Labyrinth was closed during my visit.

Riebi

It´s interesting that the took the budget of the next fiscal year. Hope they will have enough at the end of the next fiscal year. Has it been increased?
Wer nämlich mit "H" schreibt ist dämlich.

...the DPG is watching U...

Anthony

Quote from: "Masamune" :o I thought Alice's Curious Labyrinth was getting refurbed right now? :lol: It's a good job I'm not going for my birthday next year (April 22nd), as I'd be very disappointed if the Labyrinth was closed during my visit.
For some reason it's being done in three phases, so we won't have a good-as-new Labyrinth till this time next year!

Quote from: "EDDY"Nice to hear :D

But one thing is a little bit strange for me:

September 2009

1st to 30th and also the 31st of August ( If it´s true )
I thought the same. That's a BIG closure. But I wouldn't get your hopes up for any complete re-do and plussing of the attraction. When does Euro Disney SCA do something like that? (Unless they're turning it backwards) Maybe it just reaaally needs a good clean-up.