closing of restaurants

Started by esmeralda, July 05, 2007, 02:43:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

esmeralda

first of all: sorry i started this topic in the category "pins", i'm new-will never happen again!
well, i noticed the last years(in the main season) that a lot of restaurants as hakuna matata, fuento del oro or buzz' pizza planet were closed or just opened occasionally. does anyone know why they're doing that? i think it's really a shame caused i really miss these wonderful themings! and it's not that easy anymore to find a place cause all opened restaurants are pretty crowded.. :cry:
Julia

Bopshop

Hey Julia

I suspect they work it out on the basis of capacity - I know last week all of those you mentioned were opened.  I hope you manage to get the ones you are after!

fly_with_me_dumbo

on another thread someone posted this website http://www.dlpfoodguide.com its really good for telling you info on restraunts and when i was looking the other day it said a few that were closed and also when they're open like if its just at the height of season

esmeralda

thank you for the hint "fly_with_me_dumbo" :D
gonna check what's open at the end of july when i'm there. gonna let you know..
i do also miss a lot of shops they closed like adventureland bazar(particually) :( but that's a different subject
Julia

Anonymous

I thought Adventureland Bazaar was still open. Isn't this the one across the way from Passages of Aladdin?

esmeralda

yes, that's right. but earlier it was a real bazar, with lots of shops, a fountain, a flying carpet with a tiger(as far as i remember) on it and so on. so beautiful, you really felt like being in agrabah. i can't remember when it closed, could be 2000. but do you know what i'm talking about?
Julia

dlrp-mad

Quote from: "esmeralda"yes, that's right. but earlier it was a real bazar, with lots of shops, a fountain, a flying carpet with a tiger(as far as i remember) on it and so on. so beautiful, you really felt like being in agrabah. i can't remember when it closed, could be 2000. but do you know what i'm talking about?

I think I can recall that! I was much younger, but I seem to remember the flying carpet with the tiger. That was one of my best dlrp trips EVER!

There is definitley a capacity element to the restaurants. I've been at different times throughout the season, not so much this year because of exams, but last year especially and the selection of restaurants was different on both visits.

dlrp-mad :mickey2:

dlrp trips:Debut] August 2006 - Sequoia Lodge December 2007 - Disneyland Hotel July 2008 - Newport Bay Club

Kristof

There are a couple of photos of the Agrabah Café on Photos Magiques (you know, the site that's hosting the forum..  :lol: )

http://www.photosmagiques.com/gallery/agrabah_cafe

8)

Nala_84

The more I look at those pictures, the angrier I get they closed the restaurant  :evil:

I mean, it is such a special restaurant - why couldn't they have closed one of the many pizza/pasta restaurants instead?!
Is it already clear if it'll be closed for us guests forever or is there a chance we'll get it back one day?  :(
[size=85]1992 - Disneyland Paris - 1-day-trip
2000 - Disneyland Paris - Santa Fe
2004 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Cheyenne
2005 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Santa Fe
2007 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Newport BayClub
2008 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Sequoia Lodge
2009 - Walt Disney World
[/size]

esmeralda

hi nala! i've never been to the retaurant due to the exotic menu but i loved that atmosphere of that bazar (as it was when it opened) so much!!! it was one of my favorite place to go and get caught in the oriental magic of disney. if there would be the chance for a "unterschriftenaktion"(whatever that is in englisch) i'm the 1st to sign!!!
in general i hate when they are closing restaurants or shops cause it gives you less possibilities to get in the magic-don't you think? :(
Julia

tubbsy

Signature? (apologies if I got the word wrong. Mein Deutsch ist nicht gut) Petition Esmerelda? Do you mean if we could all put our names to something saying that it shoudl be open again? Sounds good, but I dont think Disney would listen. Shame really :(

However with the parks getting so much more busier and Disney needing to feed and keep the customers happy they may reconsider reopening it?...

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia
August 2010- Newport Bay Admiral Floor
August 2013- Newport Bay Admirals Floor
August 2014 - WDW! Art of Animation Resort
August 2017- Newport Bay Compass Club

Nala_84

Yeah, petition is right and yes, this would be great if Disney would listen more to his (true) fans instead of always decide to our disadvantage :(

I'd really like to know how many signatures we could get with an Agrabah-Café petition and how many Disney would need to change its decision of closing it :)
[size=85]1992 - Disneyland Paris - 1-day-trip
2000 - Disneyland Paris - Santa Fe
2004 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Cheyenne
2005 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Santa Fe
2007 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Newport BayClub
2008 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Sequoia Lodge
2009 - Walt Disney World
[/size]

tubbsy

Its nice to keep my hand in with a bit of German  :D

More power to the true Disney fans!  :lol:

It'll all be to do with boring stuff like it not taking enough money. I think its sad walking round the park and seeing things like this closed though. It'd be great though if they could rethink the menu so that it could be reopened.

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia
August 2010- Newport Bay Admiral Floor
August 2013- Newport Bay Admirals Floor
August 2014 - WDW! Art of Animation Resort
August 2017- Newport Bay Compass Club

esmeralda

yes, that's what i mean. i heard that once cast members did it cause they wanted to close the barber shop and it worked! :D
Julia

Riebi

I think it´s very sad that the café is closed. And also that the have changed the basar so much. I loved it too to walk there around looking the arts and craftwork and going at least to the small café to have a cup of very fresh mint tea! That was wonderful. After the change the cafe was always closed when I was there. Things like this make me sad.
Last time it was semi open but not as café. They have sold some hole boiling there and it wasn´t a nice look with many dark fances around to contain the sell area.
Wer nämlich mit "H" schreibt ist dämlich.

...the DPG is watching U...