Early October In General

Started by DisneyManiac, August 22, 2017, 04:20:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DisneyManiac

What is it like in early October, looking at roughly the first full week of October?

I usually go during the Halloween half term, however I am deciding about just before that, still in the Halloween season. I just would like to know what the weather and crowds would be like, can anyone help me?

xlucylu89x

Hello,
I went last year from october 5th to october 7th.
Crowds weren't too bad, the longest queues we saw were around 30/45 minutes but most were around 20 minutes.
The weather was fine. Didn't have any rain, bit chilly in the evenings, especially when the breeze picked up a bit and we were stood still watching the show. decent jumper and a light scarf was enough.
Wasn't too crowded in the park in general but would still recommend booking restaurants before you go as we struggled to find somewhere when we decided to go for dinner. n
as this year is the 25th anniversary it may be busier than last year but otherwise it's a great time to go.
:)
Cheyenne 2005 & 2007
Newport Bay 2012 & 2017
Santa Fe 2014 & 2016

Crush

Going on the 8th - 11th Oct so following this thread!
January 2004 - Hotel Santa Fe
January 2011 - Hotel Santa Fe
November 2016 - Sequoia Lodge
September 2017 - Hotel Cheyenne
November 2018 - Hotel Cheyenne
November 2019 - Newport Bay Club
January 2020 - Davy Crockett Ranch
October 2021 - Walt Disney World Florida

DisneyManiac

Quote from: xlucylu89x on August 22, 2017, 04:34:01 PM
Hello,
I went last year from october 5th to october 7th.
Crowds weren't too bad, the longest queues we saw were around 30/45 minutes but most were around 20 minutes.
The weather was fine. Didn't have any rain, bit chilly in the evenings, especially when the breeze picked up a bit and we were stood still watching the show. decent jumper and a light scarf was enough.
Wasn't too crowded in the park in general but would still recommend booking restaurants before you go as we struggled to find somewhere when we decided to go for dinner. n
as this year is the 25th anniversary it may be busier than last year but otherwise it's a great time to go.
:)

I am planning for next year, not this year by the way.

c3po

We usually go midweek at the end of September, beginning of October. It's great! It's usually warm during the day, but chilly in the morning and at night. Lines are short, too. I usually don't book my meals until I get there.
[size=85]1972 - Disneyland; 1974 - WDW; 1988 - Disneyland; 1996 - Disneyland; 1998 - Disneyland; 2000 - Disneyland; 2003 - WDW (Coronado Springs & Grosvenor Resort); 2009 - DLP (Newport Bay Club); October 2010 - DLP (Sequoia Lodge); October 2014 (Disneyland Hotel); September 2015 (Sequoia Lodge); March 2017 (Sequoia Lodge GF)

gb1983

I am going october 11th cannot wait

DisneyManiac

How about Early September? Like 3rd onwards.

Thaliel

Try avoiding anything around october 3rd. It's a national holiday over here and the bigger states (like NRW, which is rather close to France) schedule their school holidays around it, so Germany tend to flood the park around that time Last week of september or second week of October are pretty much fine
<-Plz click

DisneyManiac

Quote from: Thaliel on November 10, 2017, 07:14:41 PM
Try avoiding anything around october 3rd. It's a national holiday over here and the bigger states (like NRW, which is rather close to France) schedule their school holidays around it, so Germany tend to flood the park around that time Last week of september or second week of October are pretty much fine

How about September 3rd-ish?