Coeliacs - please help me?

Started by MrsFaz, September 01, 2017, 01:53:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MrsFaz

Hi.  In short ...

Staying HB std at Santa Fe ...... has anyone eaten anything other than that Natama slop??

Which other restaurants have you eaten in that have helped out with dietary issues other than supplying Natama??

I'm getting myself stressed!! It's hubby and he's taken a lot of persuading to even go....the last thing I need is food slop haha!!

Thanks lovelies.

AJDisney

June 2017 - Radisson Blu at DLP
September 2017 - Cheyenne
February 2018 - Sequoia Lodge Columbia River Suite
December 2018 - Santa Fe
February 2019 - Disneyland Resort - Castle Inn and Suites
April 2019 - Off-site

claire2281

From what I understand (and others may have had a different experience) the restaurants are very wary of offering you anything other than the Natama foods if you start mentioning allergies - I think they're a bit scared of something going wrong so go for the safe option!

Depending on how your husband feels about it I know of people who've ordered off main menus for things like steaks but asked to have them with no sauce as they could possibly be an issue. But these were work colleagues who don't have a severe reaction and weren't likely to be affected by the tiniest bit of cross contamination - someone who's more severe would probably feel differently. Possibly worth looking at restaurant menus and see what gives you available options?
My Trips:
03/2009 DCR -- 07/2009 DLH -- 03/2010 Cheyenne -- 07/2010  DLH -- 12/2010 SL -- 03/2011  Cheyenne -- 08/2011 NBC -- 12/2012 HNY -- 03/2013  Cheyenne - 12/2014 SL -- 03/2016 Cheyenne -- 07/2017  Cheyenne - 12/2017 SL - 08/18 - Cheyenne - 12/2018 NBC - 07/2019 Cheyenne

polar vixen

Billy bobs have a massive folder as did cowboy cookout telling you exactly wgat was in everything and they were happy to do stuff without buns etc. Weve managed fine at buffets (not restaurant des stars though) just keeping away from obvious gluten dishes Nd bistrot chez remy were very good too.

MrsFaz

Quote from: AJDisney on September 01, 2017, 02:18:35 PM
For breakfast they have special gluten free options. There is a brochure: https://wdpromedia.disney.go.com/media/wdpro-dlp-assets/prod/en-gb/system/images/24347_disney_allergie_gb_2017-hd.pdf

Thanks but that's the Natama stuff that he doesn't want.

Claire2281 - polar vixen ....:brill advice thank you xx

polar vixen

Breakfast wise they have gluten free bread, crispbreads cakes and cookies available on request. Just ask one of the breakfast staff

AJDisney

Quote from: MrsFaz on September 01, 2017, 06:30:36 PM
Quote from: AJDisney on September 01, 2017, 02:18:35 PM
For breakfast they have special gluten free options. There is a brochure: https://wdpromedia.disney.go.com/media/wdpro-dlp-assets/prod/en-gb/system/images/24347_disney_allergie_gb_2017-hd.pdf

Thanks but that's the Natama stuff that he doesn't want.

Claire2281 - polar vixen ....:brill advice thank you xx

Not for breakfast it isn't. The brochures says they offer gluten free loaves, biscuits etc. You just need to request at the hotel when you arrive.
June 2017 - Radisson Blu at DLP
September 2017 - Cheyenne
February 2018 - Sequoia Lodge Columbia River Suite
December 2018 - Santa Fe
February 2019 - Disneyland Resort - Castle Inn and Suites
April 2019 - Off-site

Tineke

The breakfast is well provided, just ask a waiter, and they bring a tray full of different glutenfree options and even chocolate chip cookies.
Also, if you get the 'pause gourmande' snack vouchers, you can ask for a gluten free option, they have cookies available.
Food-wise I'm not coeliac, just gluten intolerant, and steer clear of the allergy free meals (as they're nasty). I fortunately know what's in a lot of dishes (culinary school)  and just select 'safe' options. If he's severely coeliac though, cross contamination will definitely be an issue. :(

James360

Shouldn't be a  problem my father in law is a coeliac and we were there with him in march this year and we went to the princess lunch with no problems , he found all the restaurants very accommodating and they all had alternatives to offer him ,though there was a limit  choice inthe desert menu