Free Half Board meal plan with different hotels

Started by petals, June 25, 2017, 06:43:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

petals

Can someone explain to me. If we book with free half board meal plan what extras would we get if we stayed in Hotel New York as compared to the Cheyenne?

Are the free meal vouchers worth more and is there more choice of where we can eat?

What other difference not meal related is there for the extra price between the two hotels?

A Princess Disnae......

Hi! As far as I can tell and I hope I'm right as I have just booked Hotel N.Y., is that you stay in a 'better' graded hotel and therefore the meal vouchers are plus vouchers and can be used for their face value in a larger variety of restaurants than the standard vouchers you would get by staying at the Hotel Cheyenne. I can only presume that because of this they may have a higher monetary face value. I have never stayed in the Hotel N.Y. but have stayed in the Cheyenne and it was great. Whatever you choose have a great trip. X
Newport Bay 2002, Santa Fe 2013, 2014 & 2015, DLP Half Marathon Weekend Cheyenne 2016, Sequoia Lodge February 2017, DLP Half Marathon Weekend 2017 Hotel New York.
Magic Run Weekend 2018 Disneyland Hotel, Sequoia Lodge Feb 2019. Next holiday Magic Run Weekend 2019 Disneyland Hotel

petals

I usually stay in Cheyenne and I love it but considering trying one of the hotels around the lake for the next trip. Hotel New York because it seems the closest to the parks walk wise but there is like 400 euro per person in the price difference so kind of wondered  what extra you got for the money besides being that much closer to the parks.

polar vixen

Your meal vouchers are worth more. If you stay at Cheyenne or Santa fe you get standard tier vouchers. Stay at the sequoia Newport or new York and you get plus level. In my opinion the price that we've paid to upgrade our vouchers to eat at a couple more expensive restaurants has cost more than it would do to stay at a more expensive hotel.