Early pregnancy at DLP

Started by littlebitofpixiedust, October 15, 2016, 03:56:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

littlebitofpixiedust

Hi, well the title says it all really were if to DLP in November staying at the dlh which will be lovely I'm sure! I will be about 10 weeks pregnant by the time we go and already my mum is saying you can't go on any rides!

This is my second child and I'm adamant that the Fantasyland rides/phantom manor and the tame ones will be fine. I obviously won't have a bump by this point so lap bars won't be an issue. I of course will avoid any fast rides or things with drops etc. Would just like to hear of any other expecting mums what your thoughts are?

I still want to enjoy my trip and don't feel like the big rides I'm missing out on but I would still like to enjoy the smaller attractions with my son  :D

polar vixen

i went about the same time as you, was fine with Peter pan,  dumbo, small world,  pirates,  Buzz, cars,  Pinocchio,  carousel,  autopia. off course all tge parades etc are fine too and shows in the studios!

littlebitofpixiedust

Quote from: polar vixen on October 15, 2016, 05:41:06 PM
i went about the same time as you, was fine with Peter pan,  dumbo, small world,  pirates,  Buzz, cars,  Pinocchio,  carousel,  autopia. off course all tge parades etc are fine too and shows in the studios!

Thanks! So even pirates you did :)

polar vixen

Yup only a couple of small drops and no lap restraints. I would say though that a couple of these rides warned pregnant people not to ride but having been in them before I didn't see a risk

littlebitofpixiedust

Yeah see what you mean I've been on pirates before just thought the drop so or be but much it's good to know you still went on stuff and enjoyed it :)

disneymagic006

Congratulations on your pregnancy.

Yes there are tons of rides and attractions that are perfectly safe, the ones that aren't are obviously all the big rides and these do say not recommended when pregnant.

Pirates is a strange one in that it does have this warning, I don't think it's particularly about the drops but the boats can be a bit rough and there is risk of bumping boats which can cause jolting. That said they allow 1 year olds to ride, so I think it's what you feel comfortable with.

To the same extent you may say that pinocchio and snow white have an element of risk as they stop very abruptly!

I would go and enjoy your trip, there are all the shows, taking in the sights, fantasyland, phantom, riverboats, buzz etc

1992 - Newport Bay
1994 - Newport Bay
1997 - Sequoia Lodge
1999 - Davy Crockett
2002 - Santa Fe
2005 - Davy Crockett
2008 - Santa Fe
2010 - Sequoia Lodge (January)
2010 - Newport Bay (August)
2015 - Cheyenne
2017 - Sequoia Lodge Golden Forest stay booked for 5 nights July 2017. Excited for the 25th Anniversary!