Vapiano in Disney Village

Started by Thaliel, August 28, 2016, 05:47:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thaliel

There is a Vapiano restaurant being built in the village, said to open mid-september already.
What do you think of it? Will it be a nice addition or is ist just "meh, another restaurant"?
<-Plz click

mickey1980

A nice addition. Strange location thou.
And finally an alternative to burgers and fries.
Hotel Santa Fe - 1995
Hotel Cheyenne - 1997
Daytrip - 1998
Daytrip - 2000
Hotel Sequoia Lodge - 2002
Hotel Sequoia Lodge - 2005 (Dj Tiësto SM:M2 Event)
WDW Port Orleans French Quarter - 2008
Hotel Sequoia Lodge - 2009
Hotel Sequoia Lodge - 2010
Disneyland Hotel - 2011
Hotel Sequoia Lodge - 2012
Hotel Sequoia Lodge - 2013
Hotel Santa Fe - 2014
Tokyo DisneySea - 2015
Hotel Cheyenne - 2016
Hotel Cheyenne - 2017
Hotel New York - 2018

DaisyDuck

Any idea what the menu will be like .

NCC1701Q

Unfortunately the opening date has been shifted a few times, from July, to September, and now to January 2017. Hopefully they get it done before Christmas 2016 :)
I love the addition, as the pasta in the parks is quite, let's say, uneventful  :P

whatsupanders

Quote from: DaisyDuck on September 11, 2016, 02:36:30 PM
Any idea what the menu will be like .

It's a chain, the food doesn't really vary from each location. They have pizza and pasta stations, where they cook the food in front of you. Their UK menu can be downloaded here: http://uk.vapiano.com/fileadmin/media/user_upload/uk.vapiano.com/Main_and_Wine_Menu_combined.pdf.

MattR

Honestly not a big fan of Vapiano and esspecially the wired concept of waiting to order in line, then look for a space, then walk back to fetch your food, then pay at a counter and last but not least you have spent the same amount you would have spent at a real restaurant.

From a German perspective Vapianos are everywhere I life within 20 minutes of at least 4 Vapianos, this is nothing I would want to eat when on vacation in France and esspecially not in Disneyland.
I am also not a big fan of the rainforest cafe and the planet hollywood but they both have at least a special theming.

But it is decided I simply won´t go there, luckily there are enough other possiblites eventhough the village gets less and less attractive.

SaschaRai

I go to Vapiano at least a couple times a month, in Ingolstadt (Germany).

The concept reminds me a bit of the Autogrill - Ciao Ristorante Chain that you find in Italy mainly on the Autostrada but also in some Cities (Rome Termini Station has one, also been to one in Trento), though there are many differences as well.

I've not been to other locations besides the one mentioned, but I do think they won't vary much.
There's a Pasta/Risotto Station, a Pizza/Lasagne Station and a Salad/Antipasti/Soup Station, and a Bar for Speciality Coffees, Desserts and Beer/Wine.

You stand in line at one of those stations and place your order. At the Pasta and Salad Stations they prepare it in front of your eyes and you can make modifications, then they ask you what you'd like to drink and you take your plate and look for a seat. If you want beer or wine you have to pick those up at the Bar though. They have some interesting Ice Teas.
The only Station where they give you a buzzer to pick it up later is the Pizza Station. Since I find their Pizzas sub-par, I no longer get them, though the Lasagne is pretty good.

I find the concept is awesome for a Solo Diner, and personally love that they cook it in front of you, so you get a little show.
It's not so great for a family in my opinion, when everyone wants different stuff, since wait times are different at the various Stations. I don't know how they're planning on handling the crowds at Disney Village.