Would you like to see Paint the Night at DLP?

Started by Rocketeer, August 02, 2016, 11:50:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DMPicone

Latest news is that the Main Street Electrical Parade is ending at WDW on October 9th and then moving to Disneyland to replace Paint the Night. Paint the Night is running over the holiday and then being replaced in early 2017. That timing could lineup for Paint the Night to move to Disneyland Paris for April's start of the anniversary year. Haven't heard anything about WDW getting a new parade, so maybe they'll just go without one for a year or two and then receive PTN after the DLP anniversary celebration is over.

billy

i remember when we went to dlp for the first time in 2002 there was an evening parade as i remember being at the end of mainstreet as the fake snow fell (it was end of nov) and watching a night time parade, for me these are the best when the characters are all lit up the magic just flows! :)

mrpiggywinkles52

Quote from: DMPicone on August 11, 2016, 05:14:45 AM
Latest news is that the Main Street Electrical Parade is ending at WDW on October 9th and then moving to Disneyland to replace Paint the Night. Paint the Night is running over the holiday and then being replaced in early 2017. That timing could lineup for Paint the Night to move to Disneyland Paris for April's start of the anniversary year. Haven't heard anything about WDW getting a new parade, so maybe they'll just go without one for a year or two and then receive PTN after the DLP anniversary celebration is over.

Schedule lines up nicely but if it was happening I'm sure we would have heard some rumblings or rumours and we've heard nothing so far, stuff like this usually isn't sprung on us right?

I just can't see them letting Magic Kingdom go without nighttime entertainment, its their main, flagship park and even with the new stuff at AK I just don't think they'll go without it at their biggest, moneymaking resort, honestly though IMO it shouldn't be the case that they need to swap parades around, each resort should have their own and then swap them so nobody goes without.

Rocketeer

Hmmm looks like there's no US parade-swap.. and therefore no loaning of PTN for DLP.

QuoteEarlier this month, we learned that the Main Street Electrical Parade would end its run at Walt Disney World on October 9 and would return to its original home at Disneyland for a limited engagement. That led many fans to speculate that the Disneyland's Paint the Night parade would be heading to the East Coast as part of a big ol' parade swap. However, the Disney Parks Blog has confirmed that this is not the case – Disneyland will simply be doubled up on nighttime entertainment through the rest of 2016 while Walt Disney World will be without a late parade.
/film

"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." - Walt Disney

DisneyGagaChick

Quote from: Rocketeer on August 16, 2016, 06:16:22 PM
Hmmm looks like there's no US parade-swap.. and therefore no loaning of PTN for DLP.

QuoteEarlier this month, we learned that the Main Street Electrical Parade would end its run at Walt Disney World on October 9 and would return to its original home at Disneyland for a limited engagement. That led many fans to speculate that the Disneyland's Paint the Night parade would be heading to the East Coast as part of a big ol' parade swap. However, the Disney Parks Blog has confirmed that this is not the case – Disneyland will simply be doubled up on nighttime entertainment through the rest of 2016 while Walt Disney World will be without a late parade.
/film

Aw no :(