Inventions or Cafe Mickey? Answers on a postcard please

Started by tashadec, January 03, 2016, 11:43:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tashadec

Hi all!

We are off on the 20th January for my daughters 1st birthday. I'm travelling with my husband, 6 year old son and obviously my soon to be 1 year old. We are looking to book a character dinner on our first evening to celebrate my daughters birthday and want to order a cake to the table. Does anyone have any experience of Cafe Mickey or Inventions? At the moment we just cannot decide between the two. There's not much info on the website but we have heard they are totally different experiences.

Many thanks
Tasha

ChipandDale99

Hi
It really does depend on what type of food you like. Inventions is buffets but more high end where as cafe mickey is table service and does more like pizza and chips. I think for seeing characters cafe mickey is better as you are always sat at the table and the characters just come round. Where as at inventions I missed a few whilst getting food.
I'd recommend cafe mickey as I prefer the type of food.

Ohana

If you're going for an evening meal I think Inventions, we went and it was lovely. There's plenty to choose from even if you're picky - like me! And it just seems a bit less hectic than Cafe Mickey.

However a cheaper option altogether is going for the breakfast. Same character interaction at a fraction of the price :)
(•–•)

November 2015 -- Santa Fe
May 2016 - Santa Fe
November 2016 - Cheyenne
July 2017 - B&B Hotel

tashadec

Thank you! We definitely want to do dinner. Inventions was our preference but we had heard cafe mickey was a bit more lively for the kids?

littlebitofpixiedust

Inventions over cafe Mickey it's a quieter atmosphere, Cafe Mickey is good also but personally I'd choose inventions.

Also you can order a birthday cake with both restaurants I'm sure and the characters will come to your daughter when the cast member gets everyone to sing! We've never done it for my son as n we gone on his birthday as his is in August and think would be too busy for him! But the last time I ate in inventions the little boy who got his cake and Mickey and Minnie with him whilst he blew the candles out was truly a magical moment to watch! His parents recorded the whole thing and took photos as well  :)

stifle

I'd also recommend Inventions. I would call Café Mickey overcrowded and average long before I would call it lively. There's much more variety of food in Inventions plus the 1-year old will be free there – at Café Mickey she would be expected to share from an adult's plate or a kid's meal would need to be ordered.

You can order a birthday cake if you wish – preferably when you reserve your table but at the latest upon arrival. Some considerations about this: it serves 6-8 people so you will have a fair bit left over (the cast members will be all too happy for you to take it away in a box if feasible but sometimes it is an ice cream cake so you would be wasting half of it), and they will play music over the restaurant's speakers and have several CMs and characters bring the cake at once, which may be overwhelming for her.

rebecca20

Personally for characters I prefer Cafe Mickey and probably also for food (close run thing). The only good thing about Inventions is that its quicker but at the same time you miss out on all the characters if you're a fast eater like myself.
♥ Disneyland Paris 1996, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2011, 2015 ♥ Disney World Florida 2009 ♥ Disneyland California 2008 ♥

Next Visit: DLP March 2016.