Ideas for Telling about the Trip

Started by Karen101, August 21, 2015, 04:03:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Karen101

I have booked a trip to DLP for July next year - yes i know im super organized - for myself, my DH my mother and my 7 year old daughter.

We are going to be staying at the Disneyland Castle Hotel.  My husband and i obviously are aware of the trip but we are not telling my daughter or my mother ...

so basically im looking for some ideas on how to tell them ... t-shirts maybe?  or a treasure hunt?

how did ye all do it?

HildeKitten

Oh a treasure hunt sounds like a lot of fun!
I've never had to spring the surprise on someone, but a treasure hunt definitely sounds like a great idea :)

RockNRoller

We'd been several times when we decided to ask friends if they would like to come on our next trip. We had them round for a meal, played a bit of Disney in the back ground and then after eating sat down to bore them with our holiday snaps. We put it together as a DVD and suddenly in the middle of the film the message "Care to join us, Christmas 2012?" and they've been coming ever since.
DLRP 2000,01,02,03,04x2,05,06,07,08,09,10,11,13, 14, 2015 (Booked)

"Pumba, not in front of the kids"

Karen101

thats such a sweet idea! that would work well for my mum not so sure about the 7 year old :)

i have a nice flight time so i was thinking about breakfast with mickey mouse shaped pancakes and then ... give them a treasure map to do a hunt and then they can find the invitations from mickey ,.... or something like that :)

polar vixen

Not sure where, but there is a link somewhere on here where you can book a free phone call from mockery mouse on your desired date and time inviting you to come and visit him!

michaelj1973

Also an idea look at some YouTube films there are some with great adorable ideas search for disney surprise.

Mileto

If you want to wait till Christmas day you may organize all the hunt then. After you  have looked at all the presents you may point a small wrapped piece of paper hidden on the tree (purpose - you do all this at the end). And in the paper there are the instructions for the hunt. It could be a good and joyful family moment.

08.1993 - DL Tokyo; 05.2010 - DLP; 11.2010 - DLP; 09.2013 - DLP; 09.2014 - DLP; 11.2015 - DLP
It's a small world after all

Komble

Quote from: polar vixen on August 21, 2015, 07:04:23 PM
Not sure where, but there is a link somewhere on here where you can book a free phone call from mockery mouse on your desired date and time inviting you to come and visit him!

Yeah, and it's free! http://www.dlpmickeycall.co.uk/

The treasure hunt sounds great... Whatever you chose to do, please let me know! I love reading about surprises :')

ChocsClaire

We told our 2 boys at easter by doing their usual easter egg hunt round the house but this time following clues and the last one led back to me holding a brochure for DLP! We thought it was awesome, the response was completely under whelming tho and they were more interested in the chocolate ;) They are super excited now tho :D

michaelj1973

When I read this I was laughing. Children can react sometimes so different then expected.  ;D

Zee79

There are some threads in here that have people explaining how they have told their families. Recently have just had a poster with a rhyme on telling them about our sequoia trip, Olaf sent then a card at Christmas inviting them then for our trip next July Woody & Jessie sent them a little message. For my hubby I just emailed him with Mickey Mouse smiling at him- got a phone call straight back haha. A treasure hunt sounds good though.